DF Direct Special: Did The Last Of Us Part 1 Really Need A Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I don't see the delineation here. Crystal Dynamics developed it, and during development they actively sent their work to Nixxes who was porting and constructing it as it was developed. They released day and date without complications. This is the very studio that Sony purchased and has shown they can do it with no interference to the main development pipeline.
I have no proof obviously, but I would speculate that Crystal Dynamics were developing a multi platform game, not just an Xbox game - and Nixxes was simply polishing and refining what was there, not adopting a console specific code base on the fly.

This is likely not any different to any multiplatform development, seperate charges of each platform reliant on foundations laid by the main development that pays considerations of the targets.

I just can’t see it being a sound approach in any other way.

Last edited:

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Jesus... PS fanboys need to get off these crazy pills they're on :ROFLMAO:

In that case the Final Fantasy 7 PS4 port took ~23 years and multiple releases to be made... PS5 port longer than that... durrrrrr :rolleyes:

TLOU P1 is a brand new built from the ground up for PS5 game.

The PC version is already in development and will likely release within 6 months from now.

It will easily be the quickest time from console to PC release yet.. Returnal is coming too. PS5 games are already on the way.

Really, you guys need to get over it. They needed to port some of their older marquee titles to get a library of great games out there. There's nowhere else to go but closer and closer to console release dates from here.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
It took over 9 years to reach PC.
The shortest Sony release to PC from the announced games is Miles Morales that will around 2 years after the original release.

Bullshit narratives has no place.
Speaking of bullshit.

trailer-park-boys-blinds.gif

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
I have no proof obviously, but I would speculate that Crystal Dynamics were developing a multi platform game, not just an Xbox game - and Nixxes was simply polishing and refining what was there, not adopting a console specific code base on the fly.

I just can’t see it being a sound approach in any other way.
Nixxes had to take an x86 development pipeline and port it to Power PC for the 360 while it was still in development. Also no, it wasn't in development for anything but the Xbox One, Nixxes also handled the PC port.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Jesus... PS fanboys need to get off these crazy pills they're on :ROFLMAO:

In that case the Final Fantasy 7 PS4 port took ~23 years and multiple releases to be made... PS5 port longer than that... durrrrrr :rolleyes:

TLOU P1 is a brand new built from the ground up for PS5 game.

The PC version is already in development and will likely release within 6 months from now.

It will easily be the quickest time from console to PC release yet.. Returnal is coming too. PS5 games are already on the way.

Really, you guys need to get over it. They needed to port some of their older marquee titles to get a library of great games out there. There's nowhere else to go but closer and closer to console release dates from here.
It took 9+ years for TLOU.
Returnal won’t come this FY and it will be over 2 years next FY.
Miles Morales is the closest to 2 years we have right now… it can be less or over 2 years depending when it releases in November.

BTW anybody that played FFVIIR knows…

“Remake” is not about the game being remake but Sephiroth trying to Remake the story well his fate… it is a sequel of FFVII story after Advent Children.

That is why the new edition is called Intergrade and the next espiasse Rebirth.

Going a bit more depth Sephiroth archived his goal that was break the fate of the world manipulating Cloud and Co.

Now there is no more fate interviewing to the events happens like the original.

Now if you are taking about the FFVII PS4 version yes it is a game from 1997 and I played it two years ago because I wanted the Platinum.

Last edited:

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
Inappropriate language
When it's exclusive to snoy it's a shit movie game. When it's getting a PeeCee port, suddenly it's a brand new game and is the business. Cope harder, snoys have been playing this game since 2013

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
When it's exclusive to snoy it's a shit movie game. When it's getting a PeeCee port, suddenly it's a brand new game and is the business. Cope harder, snoys have been playing this game since 2013
They want to make like TLOU is a new thing when most PS fans are playing it since 2013 🤷‍♂️

But I understand they are happy to finally play it.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Nixxes had to take an x86 development pipeline and port it to Power PC for the 360 while it was still in development. Also no, it wasn't in development for anything but the Xbox One, Nixxes also handled the PC port.
Oh yeah, forgot about the 360 port. Ok, we’ll see how it plays out.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
It took 9+ years for TLOU.
Returnal won’t come this FY and it will be over 2 years next FY.
Miles Morales is the closest to 2 years we have right now… it can be less or over 2 years depending when it releases in November.

BTW anybody that played FFVIIR knows…

“Remake” is not about the game being remake but Sephiroth trying to Remake the story well his fate… it is a sequel of FFVII story after Advent Children.

That is why the new edition is called Intergrade and the next espiasse Rebirth.

Going a bit more depth Sephiroth archived his goal that was break the fate of the world manipulating Cloud and Co.

Now there is no more fate interviewing to the events happens like the original.

Now if you are taking about the FFVII PS4 version yes it is a game from 1997 and I played it two years ago because I wanted the Platinum.

Delusional :rolleyes:

It didn't take 9+ years for TLOU to come to PC. It took from the time they announced the PS5 and PC version (together btw) to whenever it ends up releasing... which was said to be shortly after the PS5 version.

NOBODY... and I REPEAT NOBODY was waiting for TLOU1 to hit PC for 9+ years... because nobody ever considered it would EVER come to PC in the first place.

The new, self proclaimed DEFINITIVE VERSION OF THE GAME... was in development for PS5 and PC at the same time, and the PC version will launch shortly after.

Deal with it dude.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Delusional :rolleyes:

It didn't take 9+ years for TLOU to come to PC. It took from the time they announced the PS5 and PC version (together btw) to whenever it ends up releasing... which was said to be shortly after the PS5 version.

NOBODY... and I REPEAT NOBODY was waiting for TLOU1 to hit PC for 9+ years... because nobody ever considered it would EVER come to PC in the first place.

The new, self proclaimed DEFINITIVE VERSION OF THE GAME... was in development for PS5 and PC at the same time, and the PC version will launch shortly after.

Deal with it dude.
He's like Jerry but worse lol.

Reactions: Remij
Didn't Naughty Dog also say that this was a sort of stopgap project to keep some of their developers busy and give the newer one a chance to get use to their tools and pipeline on a project they didn't have to build from scratch while they gear up for their next big IP?

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
The previous incarnation even on ps4 is still a ps3 game simply running smoother with clearer iq.

Landmark titles deserve to be updated for a new audience or fans. The choice is with the individual as always.

Reactions: Heisenberg007
D

Deleted member 13

As long as the release of the game is done after the PlayStation release i think its fine, but surely if they start creating the PlayStation game and start factoring in the gazillion different PC systems out there at the start of the games production cycle, surely that is going to affect the quality of said PlayStation game.

Playstation is of course a closed system. I would imagine it easier to optimize etc for it, without diverting teams to another platform.

It might not be happening now, but what happens in 5 years' time when ps game release simultaneously on both platforms?

Imo, quality will be going down.
Completely disagree and the opinion is objectively unsubstantiated.

Every multiplat game develops with PC in mind and those games can outmatch a PS 1st party exclusive in graphical technical features. If we ignore the awesome talent of 1st party PS exclusives, then there is no evidence that a game is inferior to what it could be had it been developed strictly for the PS. We see all the same optimizations that typical developers would do like lowering resolution, lowering AF texture filtering down, lower the LOD distance, etc..

• brain
Reactions: Deleted member 51
D

Deleted member 13

2013 to 2022 is like 9 years…

The fastest is Miles Morales that is set to release late this year with 2 years after PS5.

At least that is the plan…
You can't gauge a release like that. In 2013 there was no development for the PC. You have to count at the start that PS studios decided to start porting to the PC. These ports are taking less than a year to do.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Completely disagree and the opinion is objectively unsubstantiated.

Every multiplat game develops with PC in mind and those games can outmatch a PS 1st party exclusive in graphical technical features. If we ignore the awesome talent of 1st party PS exclusives, then there is no evidence that a game is inferior to what it could be had it been developed strictly for the PS. We see all the same optimizations that typical developers would do like lowering resolution, lowering AF texture filtering down, lower the LOD distance, etc..
The more cooks you have, the more chance of ruining the meal, its simple logic

There are a gazillion PC configurations out there, do you think they are all going to run as well as a locked system like the ps5 where they can hone in on every little imperfection and stutter?

The truth is you might get the best performance on a 4k PC but imagine playing it on the minimum spec required, its going to be shit.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
I havent played the last of us at all, I want to, just cant afford to atm, I know the other remaster is free on PS+ but I want the best version
"other remaster is free on PS+" and has MP.
worth playing on its own

D

Deleted member 13

The more cooks you have, the more chance of ruining the meal, its simple logic
The studios will develop their engine and make it multiplatform and that will be that. UE is a completely portable graphics engine and is the most diverse gaming engine around. No other engine has implemented Nanite.

There are a gazillion PC configurations out there, do you think they are all going to run as well as a locked system like the ps5 where they can hone in on every little imperfection and stutter?
Yes and they do. Just look at multiplat games and how there are more features on the PCs regardless of which card generation you have. Your point could be correct if there was a game that performed better on a console than the highest end GPU with more graphics features. That has never happened.

The truth is you might get the best performance on a 4k PC but imagine playing it on the minimum spec required, its going to be shit.
The minimum spec GPUs will have to turn off or lower graphics features that eat up bandwidth - the exact same thing that happens to consoles regardless of whether they are 1st party or not.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
The studios will develop their engine and make it multiplatform and that will be that. UE is a completely portable graphics engine and is the most diverse gaming engine around. No other engine has implemented Nanite.

Yes and they do. Just look at multiplat games and how there are more features on the PCs regardless of which card generation you have. Your point could be correct if there was a game that performed better on a console than the highest end GPU with more graphics features. That has never happened.

The minimum spec GPUs will have to turn off or lower graphics features that eat up bandwidth - the exact same thing that happens to consoles regardless of whether they are 1st party or not.
BACK TO GAF WITH YOU, 😍

Get Out Love GIF by T-Series

Status
Not open for further replies.