DF Direct Special: Did The Last Of Us Part 1 Really Need A Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Lmao just stop. The Last of Us Part 1 released YESTERDAY, and IT WILL BE the fastest port to PC by a considerable margin.
The PC port took over 9 years to be made.

We are talking about The Last of Us… a game that release in 2013 that took two rereleased to finally hit PC.

You need to live in a bubble to think The Last of Us released for the first time yesterday lol

• thinking_hard
Reactions: DynamiteCop

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I think the $70 price is not a issue for new games for example Ragnarok or GT7.

But it really is for a reremake.
I would pay top dollars for remakes of God of War 1 & 2 with modern assets (not too much change in how the games handle, beyond that the PS3 ports did).

DonFerrari

Banned
14 Jul 2022

We are talking about The Last of Us… a game that release in 2013 that took two rereleased to finally hit PC.

You need to live in a bubble to think The Last of Us released for the first time yesterday lol

Are you really this petty that you're going to die on this, of all hills? Jesus, Have some goddamn dignity for once.

Anyway cool video, but holy shit they need people with more personality.

• fire
Reactions: Deleted member 51

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022

This isn't a port of the 2013 game, this is a port of its remake which released YESTERDAY. You have no shame...

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
This isn't a port of the 2013 game, this is a port of its remake which released YESTERDAY. You have no shame...
It is a game from 2013 hitting PC sometime in future.

C’mon you guys are 🤡

Just like PC is getting a game from 2018 next month…

You are trying to made up a narrative that The Last of Us is a new game but it is not… it is a game from 2013.

Took at least 9 years and counting to PC get it.

You want to believe that is porting new games to PC but in reality from the announced games the newer one is Miles Morales that will hit PC late this year most probably after the 2 years anniversary.

Sony didn’t hint or announced any game that broke that 2 years mininum for PC release… when they do that I will be the first to say it.

It is delusional to take a 2013 game as evidence Sony is porting new games to PC lol

Last edited:

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
It is a game from 2013 hitting PC sometime in future.

C’mon you guys are 🤡

Just like PC is getting a game from 2018 next month…

You are trying to made up a narrative that The Last of Us is a new game but it is not… it is a game from 2013.

Took at least 9 years and counting to PC get it.

You want to believe that is porting new games to PC but in reality from the announced games the newer one is Miles Morales that will hit PC late this year most probably after the 2 years anniversary.

Sony didn’t hint or announced any game that broke that 2 years mininum for PC release… when they do that I will be the first to say it.
You have completely lost the plot...

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
As I just explained, if they need to start factoring a PC port from the start of games created, that will be even more processes they will have to facilitate.

Games now are fine, it's the future ones that i worry about.
I think the Nixxes structure is in place to allow the main Sony studios to focus on the single platform without concern off cross platform development.

Nixxes will step in post completion of a project or it would be horribly inefficient and unmanageable to port a project in flux requiring constant rework.

Can’t see it any other way, and this is part of why pc won’t receive Sony exclusives day and date with console.

• Informative
Reactions: Sircaw

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
I think the Nixxes structure is in place to allow the main Sony studios to focus on the single platform without concern off cross platform development.

Nixxes will step in post completion of a project or it would be horribly inefficient and unmanageable to port a project in flux requiring constant rework.

Can’t see it any other way, and this is part of why pc won’t receive Sony exclusives day and date with console.
Nah they can do it fine and without complications. Remember Rise of the Tomb Raider? They ported that to PC while it was in development.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Are you really this petty that you're going to die on this, of all hills? Jesus, Have some goddamn dignity for once.

Anyway cool video, but holy shit they need people with more personality.
I know you don’t like me because you tell that in every single thread.

But I continue being right in what I said and what you think about me won’t that change that.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Nope… you guys are.
Because you guys tried to made up a narrative over a fact I posted.
You posted no relevant fact, you're riding a rollercoaster of delusion. This is a 'remake' of the 2013 game, it's not a port of the 2013 game, it's a new release only on PlayStation 5 and it came out yesterday...

It's insane that we're even having this discussion...

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You posted no relevant fact, you're riding a rollercoaster of delusion. This is a 'remake' of the 2013 game, it's not a port of the 2013 game, it's a new release only on PlayStation 5 and it came out yesterday...

It's insane that we're even having this discussion...
It is a game from 2013 getting a future release on PC… after 9+ years.

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
Well they give us GT7, Returnal, R&C, Demons Souls (that for more ironic that can be needed a rerelease because it was a game missed by tons) and in like two months God of War.

Man they give us a GT game early in the gen… this is one of the biggest things Sony ever did imo… PS3 and PS4 didn’t have that.
GT7 is amazing (sucks all those bad publicity, but yeah). I meant about 3rd party deals, BB was banger for PS4, PS3 had MGS4 and Demon Souls despite hard times Sony had against Xbox 360.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: ethomaz

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
It is a game from 2013 getting a future release on PC… after 9+ years.
It's a 'remake' of the 2013 game and it released YESTERDAY. IT WILL BE the shortest time from release on Sony's console to PC by an absurd margin.

I'm not arguing with you, we're not having a debate. What you're saying is psychobabble.

• fire

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Nah they can do it fine and without complications. Remember Rise of the Tomb Raider? They ported that to PC while it was in development.
I see many complications, how can there be none with a moving target. Tomb Raider wasn’t a genuine exclusive and only locked down for a period, it was always a multi platform game from the outset.

Reactions: SSfox

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
I havent played the last of us at all, I want to, just cant afford to atm, I know the other remaster is free on PS+ but I want the best version

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
I see many complications, how can there be none with a moving target. Tomb Raider wasn’t a genuine exclusive and only locked down for a period, it was always a multi platform game from the outset.
I don't see the delineation here. Crystal Dynamics developed it, and during development they actively sent their work to Nixxes who was porting and constructing it as it was developed. They released day and date without complications. This is the very studio that Sony purchased and has shown they can do it with no interference to the main development pipeline.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I havent played the last of us at all, I want to, just cant afford to atm, I know the other remaster is free on PS+ but I want the best version
Subjectively it is the greatest game made for a variety of reasons. It deserves to be played in its best possible incarnation.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It's a 'remake' of the 2013 game and it released YESTERDAY. IT WILL BE the shortest time from release on Sony's console to PC by an absurd margin.

I'm not arguing with you, we're not having a debate. What you're saying is psychobabble.
It took over 9 years to reach PC.
The shortest Sony release to PC from the announced games is Miles Morales that will around 2 years after the original release.

Bullshit narratives has no place.

• haha
Status
Not open for further replies.