DF-Horizon Forbidden West PC vs PS5: Enhanced Features, Performance Tests + Image Quality Boosts! |UP| 3/25 PC Benchmarks!

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
PC at max settings has Lower texture and model quality on Alloy, reduced draw distance and less advanced waterfall gfx vs PS5

Alex buttuglier is a hack.
Old news, judging from the footage he used in his video, he didn't even get past the first hour of the game. Meaning he never had any intention of doing a proper analysis, he just rushed his video out to give PC a W. He'd post images side by side with zero differences and with a straight face said "PC version is far superior". But that behavior is to be expected by him tho, the sad part is the idiots at Sony sending pricks like him a key just to lie and drag their product through the mud.

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
So the pc version doesnt even look better than the Ps5 version. What was the point of this port?

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
Anybody seen this?

PC at max settings has Lower texture and model quality on Alloy, reduced draw distance and less advanced waterfall gfx vs PS5

I was unaware of the Alex Battaglia hate brigade. He usually does very thorough work. I just asked him about this on the DF Patreon for the upcoming DF Direct show, maybe he'll answer it. But yeah, I'd like to know the reasoning here for this sentiment. It's also just a little weird for a presumably straight male to comment on another male's appearance to belittle them from behind a veil of anonymity, especially when it's an attempt to discredit work of theirs that has absolutely nothing to do with their appearance.
So the pc version doesnt even look better than the Ps5 version. What was the point of this port?
For PC gamers to be able to purchase and play this game. Also better frame rates and ultrawide.
jealous pcmrs can't be satisfied with playing vampire survivors at 1000fps
Ah yes, it is the "PCMRs" who are jealous.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: arvfab

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I was unaware of the Alex Battaglia hate brigade. He usually does very thorough work. I just asked him about this on the DF Patreon for the upcoming DF Direct show, maybe he'll answer it. But yeah, I'd like to know the reasoning here for this sentiment. It's also just a little weird for a presumably straight male to comment on another male's appearance to belittle them from behind a veil of anonymity, especially when it's an attempt to discredit work of theirs that has absolutely nothing to do with their appearance.

For PC gamers to be able to purchase and play this game. Also better frame rates and ultrawide.

Ah yes, it is the "PCMRs" who are jealous.
Buttuglier? You do know his surname - It’s wordplay. You’ve jumped from 0 to 10.

But yes, pursue an answer to these glaring omissions. It’s possible Nick has done something wrong, but he is also in the gfx comparison game for a long time.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Anybody seen this?

It's not just bugaga, you have the other idiot whose name I don't remember that basically ignored all instances were The Last of Us Part 2 looks better. It's cases where side by side you clearly see it but they mysteriously don't.

Anybody trusting those guys probably has glaucoma or something

Last edited:

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
It's not just bugaga, you have the other idiot whose name I don't remember that basically ignored all instances were The Last of Us Part 2 looks better. It's cases where side by side you clearly see it but they mysteriously don't.

Anybody trusting those guys probably has glaucoma or something
All instances of which versions of TLOU Part 2, Sagugu?
Buttuglier? You do know his surname - It’s wordplay. You’ve jumped from 0 to 10.

But yes, pursue an answer to these glaring omissions. It’s possible Nick has done something wrong, but he is also in the gfx comparison game for a long time.
What part of my post suggested I was not aware of your "wordplay"?

Last edited:

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
All instances of which versions of TLOU Part 2, Sagugu?

Wow, imagine trying to be funny because the word "remastered" was not there.

But I will explain - it's their comparison of the remaster and the original, where they devalued the remaster quite a bit when compared with the actual real world results.

Also, who is Sagugu?

Edit - But if you want to actually read, I created a thread back in January discussing instances where digital fakery have been everything but honest about their observations *regarding TLOU2

Or this post I made in that very same thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Umar and arvfab

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Old news, judging from the footage he used in his video, he didn't even get past the first hour of the game. Meaning he never had any intention of doing a proper analysis, he just rushed his video out to give PC a W. He'd post images side by side with zero differences and with a straight face said "PC version is far superior". But that behavior is to be expected by him tho, the sad part is the idiots at Sony sending pricks like him a key just to lie and drag their product through the mud.
Reminds me of a certain VFX veteran, who kept saying HFW on PS5 wouldn't look much different (or even worse) than HZD on PC.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Reminds me of a certain VFX veteran, who kept saying HFW on PS5 wouldn't look much different (or even worse) than HZD on PC.

I remember discussing that with him back in Neogaf (and reality proved him wrong). But I think the best one was him trying to argue that Starfield has great looking foliage (he removed the video unfortunately)

@anonpuffs with the receipts

And showing us Starfields excellent looking foliage

Or when @Sircaw owned him

Reactions: arvfab

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I remember discussing that with him back in Neogaf (and reality proved him wrong). But I think the best one was him trying to argue that Starfield has great looking foliage (he removed the video unfortunately)

@anonpuffs with the receipts

And showing us Starfields excellent looking foliage

Or when @Sircaw owned him

So many gems there. I miss talking about Ratchet's fur with him.