dispelling the myth that PC is a 'premium' place to play games - Steam's top 10 highest rated games paint a bleak picture for the platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Same games? Yes and no, PC has a heap of games consoles never see and miss a few console games a year. It's not exactly like we care we can't play your special game for a while lol.

Also the experience is different, multiple methods of control and play. Higher settings, higher framerates and refresh rates not possible for consoles, and aspect ratios consoles can't do letting you see things you otherwise wouldn't.

These things dramatically transform a game experience, so while you may be playing the same game as me our experiences are not equal.
Yes, same games. You pc gamers basically port beg 24/7.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Steam hardware survey every year shows that way less than 1% plays games with a premium PC.
It's actually like 25%

original.png

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I don't need to tell you anything about PC exclusive games. My reasons for thinking the platform is better isn't only about the games.

We’re talking about games my man, thats all my debate is about. I have a PC, but apart from total war, some older games and indies, I don’t have anything that tells me the best current games are on PC. Whoever just games on a PC and says this is missing out, thats all Im saying.

Being the best platform for games, most probably even though its not my preferred choice.

Exclusives are the only thing that set consoles apart from each other. I don't care if a game is exclusive or not. A good game is a good game.

I personally don’t care either, but without exclusives the platform becomes less important. A good game is a good game, but if a certain platform is missing loads of good games then it matters If your a gamer.

I havent had an Xbox since the 360 days, but exclusive games like Avowed ( depends how long it is ) Hellblade 2 etc might interest me to upgrade my PC or get a 2nd hand xbox 1 day lol. If Call of Duty Zombies was exclusive, it would be another reason Id think Im missing out.

At the end of the day, you sound happy with your library of games on the PC. Im just saying, hey try out some of these games ( Nintendo and Playstation exclusives because there pretty damn good). If you like action adventure games like God of War R, then 4 years is a long wait. I like the combo or PS, Switch Games. And if theres more than Total War and older games on the PC, I will try it out if my specs can handle it.

And Nintendo is so successful because they consolidated their successful handheld market into their failed console market to create one big hybrid market for their games. One gen they can have Wii success.. and the next they're WiiU'ing it up.

I agree on Nintendo being up and down And them going Hybrid saved them. But they’ve stayed in the game and taken it to another level because of their brand and exclusives. Mario Kart, Zelda BOTW, Animal Crossing. The exclusive Pokemon and Monster Hunter games. Mostly amazing fun games.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
Status
Not open for further replies.