Do you think SIE leadership are imcompetent?

SIE competence

• Total voters

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
The only reason alot of you are hung up on sony not having any media presence is because you hang out too much on social media, and get frustrated with MS shills running rampant which does absltuley zero for the brand. No doubt sonys marketing could be improved and by media do you mean much wider then social? Because if so that is complete nonsense, they market where it matters e.g. champions league marketing.

Sonys job is not to dispel nonsense being spouted by shills, it's not sonys job to make folks feel better by fighting battles they want to get involved in with shills.
Yes it is. If only to set the record straight for potential buyers. It would be especially prudent in the face of MS's proven in court astroturfing FUD campaign.

Do people not understand how news/FUD the same goes from Twitter to wider sites like Facebook or gamingbible? That crap can completely go to people whom aren't on game discussion sites like these, or don't already know better.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
I didn't talk about Nintendo or Xbox, I talked about Sony. Truth is, since the previous pipeline of games dried up, they have fuck all to show. I'm sure people will be very happy when they announce 4 or 5 live service games next year, but only 1, maybe 2, single player games.
Pipeline of games dried up? Over 2dz games are in production the pipeline didn’t dry up wtf r u talking about. Every ps studio has games in production just because ps hasn’t personal shown u a road man doesn’t mean they don’t have games in the pipeline. Also so is being no more secretive than anyone else. Xbox show games early and have a pretty empty schedule Nintendo barely has anything besides iterations on the same old garbage. Ps has the most first prty big budget triple A stuff in development

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I didn't talk about Nintendo or Xbox, I talked about Sony. Truth is, since the previous pipeline of games dried up, they have fuck all to show. I'm sure people will be very happy when they announce 4 or 5 live service games next year, but only 1, maybe 2, single player games.

That applies to the entire industry

Reactions: gtjay1982

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The Sony Silence
since the previous pipeline of games dried up, they have fuck all to show. I'm sure people will be very happy when they announce 4 or 5 live service games next year, but only 1, maybe 2, single player games.
Let's make a recap of the "Sony Silence" / "dried up" lineup.

Upcoming live service games they announced/mentioned:
  • Firewall Ultra (August 24, 2023)
  • Helldivers 2 (2023)
  • Concord (2024)
  • Fairgame$ (TBA, I bet 2024/2025)
  • Marathon (TBA, I bet late 2024 or early 2025)
  • The Last of Us Online (TBA, I bet 2025)
  • Horizon Online (TBA, I bet 2025)
  • Sony London hero shooter new IP, (TBA, I bet early 2026)
  • Other Bungie new IP (TBA, I bet late 2025 or early 2026)
  • Deviation's new IP (TBA, maybe cancelled or rebooted I'd say 2026)
Upcoming non-GaaS games they announced/mentioned:
  • Stellar Blade (2023)
  • Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (2023)
  • Rise of the Ronin (2024)
  • Wolverine (TBA, maybe 2024?)
  • Death Stranding 2 (TBA, maybe 2024/2025?)
  • Cory's new IP (TBA, maybe 2024/2025?)
  • Team Asobi's next game, a bigger 3D action platformer (TBA, maybe 2024/2025?)
  • Next GoW, set in a new mythology (TBA)
  • At least one SP ND game under development (TBA)
  • Horizon 3 (TBA)
  • Project Boundary (China Hero Project)
  • Lost Soul Aside (China Hero Project)
  • Convallaria (China Hero Project)
  • RAN: Lost Islands (China Hero Project)
  • Exiledge (China Hero Project)
  • AI-Limit (China Hero Project)
  • Daba: Land of Water (China Hero Project)
  • Dark Star (China Hero Project)
  • The Wind Rising (China Hero Project)
  • The God Slayer (China Hero Project)
  • Awaken: Astral Blade (China Hero Project)
  • Will-less (China Hero Project)
  • Evotiction (China Hero Project)
Known upcoming games that we don't know if they are GaaS or not:
  • Housemarque next game
  • Media Molecule's next game
  • Bend new IP featuring MP
  • Insomniac unannounced game featuring MP
  • Ballistic Moon (former Until Daw/Supermassive devs) new IP
  • Sucker Punch unannounced game featuring MP
  • Firesprite unannounced game featuring MP
These are only the Sony published games, doesn't include a huge list of upcoming both AAA and indie 3rd party exclusives of all kinds.

And well, remember that in the last year or so they also released PSVR2 and the PS Plus revamp, plus also made multiple acquisitions and announced or released multiple accesories.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
While they announce these 4-5 live service games that will be alive for years....
They will announce several single-player games and release like 3-4 per years during the life of these live services announced.

For exemple in 5 years of these 4-5 live services Sony will release like 20 single-player games.

And let be honest here... it is not more 4-5 live services to be announced... Destiny is 1, Marathon is 2, TLOU Factions is 3, and there more 2-3 to be announced.
These are the game to be supported as GAAS for the whole generation.

Platfroms needs Live Services games as needs single-player games.
Sony is doing both very well.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
If they announce a Twisted Metal next showcase it will be the game im most hyped for from Sony (outside of Wolverine and the next ND single player), live service or not.

People think live service means fortnite clones or something. It will be nice to have good multiplayer games to fill the gaps inbetween the blockbusters this generation.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Systemshock2023

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
They are doing pretty well.

You guys wants PS management to engage in console wars... there is no need to the market lead to go that low level discussion wiht Microsoft.

Show games and release them.
There is no better way to make PlayStation owners happy.
They don't engage at all. And when they so we get our of touch tweets like with Hermen praising the last showcase.

They have cut off all communication with fans unless you wanna follow their blogs in 2023... Come on lol

Reactions: Nhomnhom

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
They don't engage at all. And when they so we get our of touch tweets like with Hermen praising the last showcase.

They have cut off all communication with fans unless you wanna follow their blogs in 2023... Come on lol
They do engage... a lot.
I mean they announce games, show them, hype them and release them.

It is the PlayStation circle... it happens 3-4 times per year... every year... and it will probababy happens more with the investiment Sony is making to delivery more games.

What do you want more? To live in ethernal promises?

I mean you guys are here trying to create issues where it doesn't exists for what reason? Because you are afraid of some Xbots on twitter hyping games that they never saw and mostly won't even play?

Maybe you should be discussing why that weird MS strategy doesn't work.
And the Sony strategy (that you call as lack of engagement) works every single time creating more engagement than anything MS do.

Just a hint (don't take it personally) but I believe you need to get a bit out of that bubble... there a world of PlayStation outside that generate way more engagement than any others gaming brand in the world.

Xbox is dying and in a way worst situation than it was with Xbox One.
While you are happy about MS engage :D

Screen-Shot-2017-10-15-at-6_32_10-PM1.png

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
A bit off topic...

For Xbox fans here in this site.

Are you sure the situation will chance with your twitter buddies talking bad about PlayStation without Microsoft do nothing drastic to change their own status quo? Because from what I see that doesn't affect in nothing PlayStation.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
This management team has presided over a wildly successful period and weathered covid development better than any other publisher. Horizon Forbidden West and God of War Ragnarok have no close competition. They're doing a lot better than "OK", they're swagged out.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
They do engage... a lot.
I mean they announce games, show them, hype them and release them.

It is the PlayStation circle... it happens 3-4 times per year... every year... and it will probababy happens more with the investiment Sony is making to delivery more games.

What do you want more? To live in ethernal promises?

I mean you guys are here trying to create issues where it doesn't exists for what reason? Because you are afraid of some Xbots on twitter hyping games that they never saw and mostly won't even play?

Maybe you should be discussing why that weird MS strategy doesn't work.
And the Sony strategy (that you call as lack of engagement) works every single time creating more engagement than anything MS do.

Just a hint (don't take it personally) but I believe you need to get a bit out of that bubble... there a world of PlayStation outside that generate way more engagement than any others gaming brand in the world.

Xbox is dying and in a way worst situation than it was with Xbox One.
While you are happy about MS engage :D

Screen-Shot-2017-10-15-at-6_32_10-PM1.png
I am in no bubble it's you guys who thinks things are going great that are stuck in the bubble. Also I don't care about Xbox fans, what they do, what they say or think... Maybe you're grouping me with others here who are obsessed with Xbots and Xbox but not me. Whatever I say about Playstation is actually how I feel. Communication and interaction has Deteriorated over the years.... This is a fact. The brand has never been more faceless and corporate than it is today. Not even their ambassador campaign makes sense to me as it's high key out of touch and doesn't stick ... Like their God of War Lebron promo last year... Came and went like a wet fart in the wind.

I won't even start on their deteriorating marketing this generation. How they managed to not make the new Final Fantasy exclusive feel like an event? Blows my mind... They don't do fan events, they have basically pulled out of almost every convention stage. Shu is the only one who still even tries to keep his ear to the ground and engage with his fellow gamers.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023

It's actually a pretty outdated way to go about things and a step back on something that was already bad.

They were not great with it before it got really bad in 2019 as soon as Jimbo took over. They decided to not attend big show anymore including E3, came up with the awful State of Play format, started to just passively accept the role of Xbox's PR punching bag. Even when PlayStation has a great lineup they sort of fail to hype things up like they did in the past and it get even worse as time passes by an we get less and less big games announced for the future.

Bad communication is even worse when dealing with GaaS games, not a good early sign that Sony is pretty much the worst at this.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I am in no bubble it's you guys who thinks things are going great that are stuck in the bubble. Also I don't care about Xbox fans, what they do, what they say or think... Maybe you're grouping me with others here who are obsessed with Xbots and Xbox but not me. Whatever I say about Playstation is actually how I feel. Communication and interaction has Deteriorated over the years.... This is a fact. The brand has never been more faceless and corporate than it is today. Not even their ambassador campaign makes sense to me as it's high key out of touch and doesn't stick ... Like their God of War Lebron promo last year... Came and went like a wet fart in the wind.

I won't even start on their deteriorating marketing this generation. How they managed to not make the new Final Fantasy exclusive not feel like an event? Blows my mind... They don't do fan events, they have basically pulled out of almost every convention stage. Shu is the only one who still even tries to keep his ear to the ground and engage with his fellow gamers.
And I disagree.

I mean I see a lot of engagement from PlayStation... more than any other platform holder.
And the thing keep growing at absurd rate.

FFXVI and FFVIIR2 exclusivity were big events.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023

I won't even start on their deteriorating marketing this generation. How they managed to not make the new Final Fantasy exclusive feel like an event? Blows my mind... They don't do fan events, they have basically pulled out of almost every convention stage. Shu is the only one who still even tries to keep his ear to the ground and engage with his fellow gamers.
Xbox and Phil Spencer have lived out of emulating early PS4 Shu for more than an entire gen at this point.

The hardcore Xbox fanbase is a lot more engaged and louder than the PlayStation fanbase that is just left in the dark and taken for granted.

If the situation was reversed and Sony was the one showing up with a terrible product like the Series S they would've been merciless eaten alive by the the gaming media and social media.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
It's actually a pretty outdated way to go about things and a step back on something that was already bad.

They were not great with it before it got really bad in 2019 as soon as Jimbo took over. They decided to not attend big show anymore including E3, came up with the awful State of Play format, started to just passively accept the role of Xbox's PR punching bag. Even when PlayStation has a great lineup they sort of fail to hype things up like they did in the past and it get even worse as time passes by an we get less and less big games announced for the future.

Bad communication is even worse when dealing with GaaS games, not a good early sign that Sony is pretty much the worst at this.
Didn't you hear? When Playstation is silent they are even more deadly... Better watch out... They might just stealth drop Factions 2 tonight.