Dragon's Dogma 2 Review and |OT| "If victory is elusive, seek new allies".

What do you think will be it's metacritic average?

• Total voters

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Preordered on ps5. I don't care for wasting time getting the port to run correctly on pc.
I am coming straight off 30fps mode in rebirth and I am used to 30 again. not that it needed more than 1 evening.
So I m ready for DD2. Shame it's not locked... should feel terrible lol but I will be happy to see for myself.

there is a charm to playing EDF 2017 and game crawling to 7fps when fighting god in coop lol. Same charm to fps dropping when using ton of magic.
Anyway. of course 60 is better but I trust capcom knows what they are doing on console... maybe
some mentioned in previews, it was running mid 20, low 20 in some cases. i hope, day 1 patch will fix it.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
some mentioned in previews, it was running mid 20, low 20 in some cases. i hope, day 1 patch will fix it.
yeah I've seen that. If it's just some dips with screen full of magic or particle effects for a moment, then it's fine.
Otherwise, the game will have to be very impressive to justify dips so low.
I am curious for sure. I know I probably won't mind but I can always sell it and get it on pc if it's really unplayable

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
They never said anything about the reviews dropping today that was just speculation. It was stated yesterday that they would drop tomorrow but once again it's pure speculation. Capcom is being oddly quiet on this one right now. They might be holding out since Rise of the Ronin is their competitor this week.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
They never said anything about the reviews dropping today that was just speculation. It was stated yesterday that they would drop tomorrow but once again it's pure speculation. Capcom is being oddly quiet on this one right now. They might be holding out since Rise of the Ronin is their competitor this week.
it was based on germany reviewers. it was speculation on 19th, but it was translated wrong as they said Wednesday.. but yeah, Capcom is silent.

Reactions: reziel

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Why is everyone saying this game is 30fps only on PS5? I saw this post here a while ago saying that the game was targeting 60fps on PS5? 🤔 I'm confused

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Why is everyone saying this game is 30fps only on PS5? I saw this post here a while ago saying that the game was targeting 60fps on PS5? 🤔 I'm confused

One guy said he attended a pre launch event and counted 60fps but then the dev said it was uncapped 30 fps as well as IGN saying it was 30fps.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: JAHGamer

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

if game runs at 15fps, but you show it in 60fps, game bacames 60fps? 😁

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
bad example

the game is out in 2 days and still not clear smh, we already know Ronin and Stellar blade performance modes
no, it is good example. just lower fps, to give you good example.

i direct capture my games on PS5, almost never play them in performance mode, aka 60fps. almost all in 30fps. but youtube always uploads and shows in 4k60fps. do i play in 60fps? of course not.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
no, it is good example. just lower fps, to give you good example.

i direct capture my games on PS5, almost never play them in performance mode, aka 60fps. almost all in 30fps. but youtube always uploads and shows in 4k60fps. do i play in 60fps? of course not.
thats not how it works, just cuz you render a video at 60fps doesn't mean the frame data will be read at 60fps. And they played it...you can feel the difference between 30/60fps