Dragon's Dogma 2 Review and |OT| "If victory is elusive, seek new allies".

What do you think will be it's metacritic average?

• Total voters

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
L
Here, we have 8h of video.

1 huge thing which can be frustrating that there is big open world, but there is no horses, if you are running, you depleting stamina and you can't fight, fast travel also limited.

Combined all 3 and it is huge negative for open world game, no bullshiting gonna save it as it is big L.

Players have spoken.
200.gif
Seriously, you need to let It go. We get it, you don't like, or understand, the game.

Fast travel will be put in at a later update, like DD1 introduced the eternal ferry stone.

The idea of traversing the world is that's it dangerous, stamina is best saved in early levels. However, it stops being a consideration when you level up.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
So yeah, for me, it's going to be a pass currently.
I know I will like it because I did the first game, but not at this performance.
I'll put this on my list of games to play down the line with a beefier PC setup.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
The graphics aren't sub par. If anything, they're ott for what they need to be. Reduce visual bells and whistles to give a better frame rate.

I played the original at 30fps on xbox360 so I won't give too much of a shit if it's 30fps this time.
It is looking like PS4 game with subpar fps.
If you are looking like that, at least give me fps, or give me great graphics.
But there is no trade off here.

Still, game is good. And i am happy for it as SP games is my cup of tea. Every good SP game is a win in my book against all shitty trends.

And tomorrow i am not gonna defend Ronin for looking shit as you have 60fps.

Last edited:

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
L

Seriously, you need to let It go. We get it, you don't like, or understand, the game.

Fast travel will be put in at a later update, like DD1 introduced the eternal ferry stone.

The idea of traversing the world is that's it dangerous, stamina is best saved in early levels. However, it stops being a consideration when you level up.
How is it acceptable to not have a core mechanic like fast travel on day one? There's nothing wrong with being a DD fan, but at least have some dignity.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
L

Stop making excuses.
Yeah, i don't like stupid decisions as well as other gamers. What a shock. You should go into forums, do research, listen to gamers, watch what devs are doing. All this shit is highly unpopular.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
How is it acceptable to not have a core mechanic like fast travel on day one?
Yeah tht definitely is a core mechanic tht shouldn't be missing imo.
Without DLSS, DD2 runs at BARELY 30fps on a 4090... according to Cowboy.
Thts crazy. At least it's uncapped so when Pro comes out it should be able to push it to 60 (hopefully).

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
How is it acceptable to not have a core mechanic like fast travel on day one? There's nothing wrong with being a DD fan, but at least have some dignity.
It has fast travel but very limited. No horse. No swimming too. Stamina depletes while running. Time wating mechanics at its best.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
GOTG inbound! its been a long 12 years. Get ready for PC players to start crying about why their $1500 machine can't handle so much greatness at a perfect 60fps

• Shake
Reactions: Bryank75