DualSense Edge Controller announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
maybe if you made some research you would know that dualsense don't with battery out of the controller / broken.
The wire is still charging the controller and the battery is powering it.

Interesting, I guess you're totally screwed then for wanting to use a lithium ion battery product 30 years down the line because I think it's impossible to replace those

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Interesting, I guess you're totally screwed then for wanting to use a lithium ion battery product 30 years down the line because I think it's impossible to replace those
I am sure there will be other batteries and third party replacements but it doesnt have to be this way

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Nym

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Simple enough and also cheap to buy.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
I am sure there will be other batteries and third party replacements but it doesnt have to be this way

What do you suggest? Personally I would be happy if they released wired versions of controllers at a lower price but that will never happen, I don't really need a wireless controller.

Reactions: Deleted member 51

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
Internal batteries are rarely difficult to replace.

And I've.. still never done it. But that's partly because of forward compatibility.

So for my PS3 that's 15 years old I can use my DS4 or my Dualsense's on it.

The bigger deal is Sony seems to be meddling with that.. DualSense doesn't work on PS4 for instance.. because of how they did start to lock down controller support.

Sony making it so only their controllers work on PS5 games is not encouraging either.

It's fucking stupid and I have no idea why more people haven't called them out on it. Internal batteries? Way less of an issue than this locked-down controller future Sony wants.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 51

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Sony making it so only their controllers work on PS5 games is not encouraging either.

It's fucking stupid and I have no idea why more people haven't called them out on it. Internal batteries? Way less of an issue than this locked-down controller future Sony wants.

Third party aftermarket controllers are on their way.

They don’t let PS4 controllers work for native PS5 software. Dual sense trigger functions are no excuse.

To be fair however… it’s the only console where controller hardware add ons like Cronus or whatever they sell at common retail giants are not compatible. Those are built in with hacks … real bad news even for console gaming.

Seeing how cheating is worse now than it has even been in gaming… I appreciate closed proprietary systems of the sort.

• brain
Reactions: Sircaw

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
What do you suggest? Personally I would be happy if they released wired versions of controllers at a lower price but that will never happen, I don't really need a wireless controller.
Just put the damn battery door on there lol.
You can put AA in there / rechargables / battery pack whatever.

Or at the very least it would be good if sony sold their internal battery replacements.
And made new revision of the controller work wired with bad battery.

it is very easy to replace. It's not glued in and there is a plug. They could make a deal with Ifixit to sell the batteries at the very least

Reactions: Nym

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com

They don’t let PS4 controllers work for native PS5 software. Dual sense trigger functions are no excuse.

To be fair however… it’s the only console where controller hardware add ons like Cronus or whatever they sell at common retail giants are not compatible. Those are built in with hacks … real bad news even for console gaming.

Seeing how cheating is worse now than it has even been in gaming… I appreciate closed proprietary systems of the sort.
Do we have actual info on Sony licensing for PS5 controllers? Curious because I haven't seen any.

The hacking thing is interesting though not a bad point.. but it feels like a solvable problem to me from a game/console standpoint. Detecting woefully unrealistic and precisely consistent inputs should be a pretty basic anti-cheat feature to create.

Or just only accept licensed controllers for multiplayer modes or something.

Either way pretty clear what Sony's motivations are for the locking down of controllers lol The side effect of less hacky online experiences is good to point out though.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

Or at the very least it would be good if sony sold their internal battery replacements.

it is very easy to replace. It's not glued in and there is a plug. They could make a deal with Ifixit to sell the batteries at the very least
I am still working out how to put that screw in for the SSD, now you want to mind fuck me with batteries?

Confused Joe Biden GIF by CBS News

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022

I had a Move controller with a dead battery. It just holds nothing, but plugging it into a usb battery pack gets it going. It thinks it’s charging and allows it to switch on at the same time while plugged in. Unplug it, off instantly.

I assume most battery powered devices irrespective of battery health behave similarly.

Reactions: Hezekiah

alphachino

24 Aug 2022
As soon as GuliKit announce replacement stick modules with hall-effect sensors, I'm in.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022

Nah man. If hacks and such are an issue, make cross playform play a toggleable options switch.

DS5 is an unweildy half step into The Duke's territory. I use DS4 on PS5 on PS4 games/over remote play as much as possible.

Fancy rumble and triggers aint it.

D

Deleted member 140

After the price increase of the PS5, I have concerns about this controller because all the premium elite type controllers are already way too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.