FFXVI Metacritic Prediction

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
high 80s low 90s….

Then again Zelda came out with a $70 copy and paste rehash with zero gameplay improvements… and everyone is okay with it

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I predict sub 90 because I don't trust reviewers to get this right but it looks like a 95+ to me (as in one of the best games we'll see this gen based on the demo).

If Nintendo or Microsoft were releasing FFXVI it would get Zelda ToTK like score if it keeps up with the quality of the demo. PS5 games are scored on a completely different scale and held to much higher standards.

Zelda ToTK was great and I was extremely impressed by it but the demo alone captured me way more than Zelda ToTK ever did. Narrative counts a lot for me and FFXVI seems to have nailed it.

high 80s low 90s….

Then again Zelda came out with a $70 copy and paste rehash with zero gameplay improvements… and everyone is okay with it
This is some bullshit, did you play Zelda ToTK? The new powers alone change the gameplay completely.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Puff and Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Yobo

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
I mean obviously a lot depends on how the rest of the game is but if it maintains the quality of the demo all through and opens up a bit more then I'm predicting mid 93-94

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
After playing the two sections of the demo :

I didn't find a controller layout that I liked. Maybe I'll get used to it. I'm currently using Type B, but square for Eikonic powers with R1 and R2 doesn't feel great. Would prefer if L1 was eidonic powers.

Japanese campiness is toned down, which is good.

Story and depth of combat remains to be seen.

I know this isn't the final build, but framerate mode wasn't very stable. I'm playing with a VRR display, but the drops below 55fps are apparent.

Edit : if I have to guess, I'd say probably in the same ballpark as FF7R

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
After playing the two sections of the demo :

I didn't find a controller layout that I liked. Maybe I'll get used to it. I'm currently using Type B, but square for Eikonic powers with R1 and R2 doesn't feel great. Would prefer if L1 was eidonic powers.

Japanese campiness is toned down, which is good.

Story and depth of combat remains to be seen.

I know this isn't the final build, but framerate mode wasn't very stable. I'm playing with a VRR display, but the drops below 55fps are apparent.

Edit : if I have to guess, I'd say probably in the same ballpark as FF7R
you can change it with inside PS5 system some buttons around. or buy 3rd party, which can help customise even further.
but i agree, one of my negatives, that you aren't allowed to change buttons. me, is not much, i had just change R1 with X.

Reactions: Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
you can change it with inside PS5 system some buttons around. or buy 3rd party, which can help customise even further.
but i agree, one of my negatives, that you aren't allowed to change buttons. me, is not much, i had just change R1 with X.
You know what, forgot about that! I have a Dualsense Edge and can customize the buttons and have a profile for that game!

• thisistheway
Reactions: Gediminas

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
What I played felt like an epic masterpiece like God of War or Witcher 3. I get a feeling it should be 90+ but there was so much doubt before release I hope reviewers keep an open-mind.

The story was kind of slow in the middle but then oh my god 😲 and the battle system is unbelievable. A+ demo

Reactions: The Icon

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
high 80s low 90s….

Oof you are so bitter lol 😂 I love to see the bitterness on this website lol 😂

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Feeling like low 90’s, its turning out ot be a better game than what God of War Ragnarok ended up as and i liked that game

Its very rare for a demo to receive unanimous praise when so many people could simply play 15 minutes of it and decide they hate it just because.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Feeling like low 90’s, its turning out ot be a better game than what God of War Ragnarok ended up as and i liked that game

Its very rare for a demo to receive unanimous praise when so many people could simply play 15 minutes of it and decide they hate it just because.
GoW Ragnarok did come to mind in some of the epic scenes in the demo, God of War Ragnarok despite being really good mostly failed on giving that sense of grand scale.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I think I predicted sub-90 earlier because of bs nontroversies and the internal debate between new and old FF players. But no, I think this one looks good enough to break through. I think it might get a 92 to 95 from outlets.

• Shake
Reactions: Gods&Monsters