FFXVI Metacritic Prediction

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
No way in hell. I played 70+ hours and it's one of the best games I've ever played. I have a female coworker who has put well over into 100 and she doesn't want it to end. The game is insanely great. Far from overstaying it's welcome, I had to finish the game so I would stop playing and thinking about it because I try to have an actual life. Almost no game does that to me these days because I've played and seen it all. Most games actually bore me quickly and I can't sit for more than an hour or so in any one session. There is a lot of weird bias against this series on this board, but the reviews that say TotK is a huge achievement/total masterpiece are being honest.

Stop comparing the two games and just be glad you can have both. That's what I'm doing.

Based on the demo I would put the score for FF at likely high 80s. Like 88 or so.
Based on playing Zelda ToTK until it got really boring I would score it as "gets rather boring fast", the quests are just torture.

Impressive game sure, due to the polished mechanics but all the boring text, boring story and uninteresting world can't get carried by the Ultrahand mechanic and the strong BoTW foundation.

You guys here think everything is a conspiracy, I loved BoTW, I was very impressed by ToTK early on but it got boring rather fast, it's not some bias, it is what it is.

Other than the very begging with the presentation of the new mechanics Zelda ToTK never reaches the highs that the FFXVI demo already hit, sure maybe the game won't live up to it just like ToTK doesn't live up to the strong opening area.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yobo

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Very doubtful it’ll be received as well as either of the last two God of War games. Could it happen? Sure. I just don’t expect it.

Review industry is a pile of shit. Don’t trust it. Just saying

Firefly

25 Jul 2022
I think TOTK has the same problem as GOW Ragnarok did last year. Its still essentially the same game as their predecessor, so you are not going to get the same first impression as BOTW and GOW 2018 did. So I don't think TOTK is a clear lock for GOTY as long as FF16 reviews really well (90+).

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Yobo and Gediminas

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I played 120 hours of zelda and loved it but i can’t say i wasn’t craving something that felt a bit more “fresh” or “new” after half that time spent playing.

Theres a lot to be said about big new games or in final fantasy’s case each iterations reboot. Peopel are saying its between ToTK or Starfield and I honestly think it will be between starfield and FFXVI just because of that newness factor. Especially for a game that doesn’t rely much on story like zelda its kind of hard to greatly separate it from its predecessor.

The last of us 2 is a great example of a game that pretty much had to burn everything down to be a GOTY winner. It would have never been considered if it was just “joel and ellie on the road again” and “heres some new mechanics”