Final Fantasy VII Remake + Intergrade reaches over 7 million shipped and sold digitally worldwide

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
That has to be the bait and switch of the century, the game has little to do with the original and I will not show up for the next installments.

What a wasted opportunity,

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
But not FF7R.

FF7R come after 8, 9, 10, 12, 13 and 15.... not after 7.
Not two decades ago... just few years ago.
But the sales just merged 7 old and new remake and 7 sit on top as all time best selling final fantasy game, also second best selling ff game are 15 ( btw both game are doing well)

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
But the sales just merged 7 old and new remake and 7 sit on top as all time best selling final fantasy game, also second best selling ff game are 15 ( btw both game are doing well)
We don't know if the second best selling FF is 15 because we have no new data after 10 million.
With 10 million it is probably the 5th best selling or 4th best selling... depends if you add FFXIV.

I will repeat.

FF7 Remake due people thinking it is a remake (it is not really a remake but a new entry / sequel... more than that I will enter in spoiler) the sales are fine... because remakes sells less than mainline titles.
But if you will look at mainline titles 7 million is a decline... that even shows itself in the next mainline FFXVI that at the actual rate (it can change with strong effort from Square Enix) won't reach 7 million like FF7R.

I have no ideia what combined and merged means in your posts at all... or why you are focused in over 20 years ago.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Weak numbers for the entire franchise, tbh.
While I prefer action combat, naybe they need to listen to their fans and go back to turn based combat, good story, and carefully designed levels.
After Baldur's Gate 3, the argument that classic rpg design doesn't sell is definitely bullshit

sugarbetik

Banned
30 Jun 2023
For every GOW or ER, you can name other big series that never achieved that status.

Tales, Dragon Quest, Resident Evil, Sonic, Persona, Halo, Street Fighter, Yakuza.

Are you saying all these franchises are failures? They need remakes and re-releases to reach 10+millions for each entry.

It took 25 years for Zelda to reach that status but Fire Emblem, Xeno, Metroid, Pikmin, Kirby and Starfox are all flopping one after the other.
Kirby and the forgotten land
1 year - 6.46 million on 130m userbase

Final fantasy 7 remake
3.5 years - 7 million on 300m userbase

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
We don't know if the second best selling FF is 15 because we have no new data after 10 million.
With 10 million it is probably the 5th best selling or 4th best selling... depends if you add FFXIV.

I will repeat.

FF7 Remake due people thinking it is a remake (it is not really a remake but a new entry / sequel... more than that I will enter in spoiler) the sales are fine... because remakes sells less than mainline titles.
But if you will look at mainline titles 7 million is a decline... that even shows itself in the next mainline FFXVI that at the actual rate (it can change with strong effort from Square Enix) won't reach 7 million like FF7R.

I have no ideia what combined and merged means in your posts at all... or why you are focused in over 20 years ago.

What? Someone is combining og 7 with Remake!? LOLs

Reactions: ethomaz

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I have no ideia what he is trying to say... his comment was unrelated to what I posted.

Remake saga is a reboot/sequel not a direct remake. And it even if it were a more direct remake like Resident Evil does… it’d still be retarded to combine them.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
In roughly the same time, RE2 Remake sold 10million after 3 years. RE3 Remake 6Million. Both multi platform.

FF7 Remake sales are good for single platform, I almost didnt buy it and was gonna wait till all 3 parts are released. There might be more people like that lol

Reactions: Airbus

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
In roughly the same time, RE2 Remake sold 10million after 3 years. RE3 Remake 6Million. Both multi platform.

FF7 Remake sales are good for single platform, I almost didnt buy it and was gonna wait till all 3 parts are released. There might be more people like that lol
Have ff7r ever had a deep sale period like the resident evil games

alphachino

24 Aug 2022
Thats it? Shit, I wouldn't have been suprised if they were announcing 14 million sold. Where did the sales go? I remembered this game being a big deal.
14m would have been a lot just digitally
why? what sentence made you believe that?

what category? I didn't mention any category.

i just said FF HAD that status of prestige and must play. AND over the years this status has been deteriorated due SE's incompetence.

as in their marketing and hyped generated by thier

which over the years have become more fractured.

maybe for you. The truth is that since X, the entries have become more and more divisive.

Well IMO they do dilute , hurt and reduced the prestige of an IP.

But this is the thing, from Yoshi-P himself:

maybe be i am asking too much...but read again this:

-"We can kind of...' (used to soften what he is about to say)
-"REGAIN that sense of the FF SERIES is a must buy".
(you cannot regain something that you haven't lost...right?) "Series" (no just one entry)
-" RETURN to the idea that when a FF comes out is a must play".
(can you return to something that you haven't left?)

 Look bro....you and everyone here can bend over backward trying to...i dont even know what are you trying to do....
but yoshi-p's words quite literally states the sentiment inside Square-Enix (and even personally) that FF as an IP is not what it used to be.
and again:
You don't do that (mistreat your IP) and expect not to hurt it.

BUT let's say what I just said is wrong:

you stated:

why then?
IS FF enable to appeal to a bigger audience?...but you said:

so...sales aren't great but still are big events with massive LOYAL following?

LOYAL implies people who buy day one...something is not computing my friend.

nah, loyalty doesn't necessarily equate to massive sales today. You can be a fan and loyal follower of a game or series and not be there day-1 anymore, due to many factors such as cost of living, inflation, $70 games, etc... lower sales than expected is the norm in this current economic climate. Combined with the rise of sub services and big sales, consumers are being trained to not only not purchase a game day-1, but also to wait an undeterminable amount of time to get it for "free".

The way this market works today and has done for decades is that a bad entry in a series is often followed by mediocre sales in the following game, even if it's a great game. However, if the next game attracts the same or similar kind of buzz and the quality is there, then it has the potential to become a best-seller again.

Bottom line, loyal doesn't necessarily mean day-1 purchasers in today's world. I'm a loyal PlayStation fan, but I don't buy everything they release, not by a long shot.

Also, you might not have mentioned Halo by name in OP, but what you said would be far more fitting if you were talking about Halo rather than Final Fantasy. Final Fantasy is still massive and 7 million sales digitally for 1 platform is excellent.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

Have ff7r ever had a deep sale period like the resident evil games
It was given away on PS+ twice, very quickly and it's still there.

That's why the sales number are not 10+ millions. Player numbers must be through the roof tho but they don't count.

It's only when people want to make damage control for Xbox that player numbers are suddenly important 😒

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

sugarbetik

Banned
30 Jun 2023
And it never reached the high prestige 10+ millions club. Thanks for confirming the franchise didn't grow enough and it's a flop.

Bye.
The average sales of Kirby main series is 1.52 million copies per game and now Kirby and the forgotten land is going to sell around 8-10 million copies on a single platform. Meanwhile XVI is going to sell around 5 million at best on PS5.

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The average sales of Kirby main series is 1.52 million copies per game and now Kirby and the forgotten land is going to sell around 8-10 million copies on a single platform. Meanwhile XVI is going to sell around 5 million at best on PS5.
The install base on Switch is 4x times bigger so it should grow to 20 millions according to your own standard.

Are you telling me Nintendo is satisfied with Kirby never growing to Zelda and Mario level after 30 years? It's sad how they just can't make it work for a modern audience.

GOW did it, Horizon did it first try. Why can't Nintendo? It's just pathetic at this point.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke

sugarbetik

Banned
30 Jun 2023
The install base on Switch is 4x times bigger so it should grow to 20 millions according to your own standard.

Are you telling me Nintendo is satisfied with Kirby never growing to Zelda and Mario level after 30 years? It's sad how they just can't make it work for a modern audience.

GOW did it, Horizon did it first try. Why can't Nintendo? It's just pathetic at this point.
There are things called expectations and budgets.

f30c85fd-f2a2-4d86-a77d-6fb605d823be-Kirby_Sucks.jpg

Kirby had less than 1/10 budget of Horizon series budget which was around $212m for development budget alone. So, in terms of profits and ROI there's no doubt Kirby is much more profitable to Nintendo than Horizon to Sony.

Let's take a look at the price history for HZD and Kirby.

HZD
IMG-20230916-111344.jpg

IMG-20230916-111103.jpg

IMG-20230916-111246.jpg

Bundles
Td29cQ3_d.webp

It's like comparing gamepass sales numbers to real sales numbers.

92161_2021_nintendo-conquers-console-publishing-revenues-beats-sony-by-3-billion-xbox-8.png

Total 1st party revenue during Switch era = $27 billion

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
24 Jun 2022
There are things called expectations and budgets.

f30c85fd-f2a2-4d86-a77d-6fb605d823be-Kirby_Sucks.jpg

Kirby had less than 1/10 budget of Horizon series budget which was around $212m for development budget alone. So, in terms of profits and ROI there's no doubt Kirby is much more profitable to Nintendo than Horizon to Sony.

Let's take a look at the price history for HZD and Kirby.

HZD
IMG-20230916-111344.jpg

IMG-20230916-111103.jpg

IMG-20230916-111246.jpg

Bundles
Td29cQ3_d.webp

It's like comparing gamepass sales numbers to real sales numbers.

92161_2021_nintendo-conquers-console-publishing-revenues-beats-sony-by-3-billion-xbox-8.png

Total 1st party revenue during Switch era = $27 billion

Of course someone like you is going to be a brainlet and forget the bundles Nintendo has done for their own games, such as Mario Kart and Super Mario Odyssey.

I may be speaking less-than-glowing stuff about VII Remake sales relative budgets and stuff, or unfortunate implications of SE/Sony partnership, but don't ever think that puts us on the same boat. We are not the same. I speak from a perspective of wanting things to be better for PlayStation. You speak from a perspective of wanting to shit on and denigrate PlayStation.

I have never once, seen you offer any form of actual constructive criticism that wasn't disingenuous hogwash.