Final Fantasy XIV possibly coming to Xbox Series S|X. Phil on stage in Japan |UP| Updated rumors.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
He said the same thing about Sega years ago and it happened to the point they were willing to spit on Playstation fans and withhold a freaking next gen patch for 3 - 4 months. We just had persona games revealed at their conference and embargoed.... Wake up.

Square already turned down Xbox offer to purchase them. Best believe Phil and Co. Will be throwing money at then at every given turn... To See Sony's strongest Ally even publicly commit to them, says a lot.

Capcom is next, and the excuses here to defend incompetent leadership will continue. Maybe Shawn Layden should have won the power struggle over Jim (just doing it for a check) Ryan.. he definitely can't be worse than what we are stuck with now.. An absolute coward of a man... The Activision testimony was enough for me to write him off. Weak.
Shawn Layden is the dumbass that greenlit PC ports. He is friend with Phil.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
FF Origins is good though. It would’ve benefited from a higher budget for sure.

It should of been more like Souls and a lot less like Nioh, also they should have kept Nomura far far away from the story

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Nomura’s stories are the best in FF.

His only been in charge of the story for the ff7 remake and origins, his kingdom hearts games are terrible in terms of plot (besides the first one)

He wanted to turn FFversus 13 into a musical after he watched Les Misarables, Nomura is insane and its no wonder he was kicked off thr project

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
*Note that FF16 and others were always known to be "timed Exclusives" as per the developer and Square Enix.

Shpeshal Nick revealed that Final Fantasy XVI will be coming to Xbox Series X|S. Same source that revealed Visions of Mana’s presence at the Xbox Developer_Direct.

phil-spencer-comenta-sobre-a-possibilidade-de-final-fantasy-vii-remake-e-final-fantasy-xvi-chegarem-no-xbox-095238.jpg

IGN asked Xbox boss Phil Spencer in an interview at gamescom 2023. His answer teased deals are currently being worked on, although Spencer stopped short of announcing Final Fantasy 7 Remake and 16 for Microsoft’s platform.
“I recognise that when people buy an Xbox, they want to make sure the great games that they want to play are coming. If there's any publisher out there where that hasn't been true, Square's one of the top. Sarah Bond [Corporate Vice President, Game Creator Experience and Ecosystem at Microsoft] and I fly to Tokyo and have conversations, and we’ve spent a lot of time with Square. There's obviously business deals and relationships that will have to get worked through on certain games.

“But I'll say it was really great to have the CEO of Square and Yoshi there to just talk about their commitment to Xbox. Because I can say, like, ‘I'm the head of Xbox, blah blah blah,’ but having the CEO of one of the third-parties make a commitment to the platform, I thought was a really meaningful step.

So you'll hear more. I'm not going to push them. They’re going to have to find their own rhythm. But having them make a commitment to Xbox was really important both to me, and I've heard it from the community, to the community as well. And 14 was more of a commitment.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • noneofmybizz
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
So it is not confirmed to coming like several xbox fans make "everybody" believes...

Everything because Square accepted to release a 14 years old game on Xbox 🤷‍♂️

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
"We've spent a lot of time with Square — there's obviously business deals and relationships that will have to get worked through on certain games — but I'll say it was really great to have the CEO of Square and [Final Fantasy 14 producer Naoki Yoshida] there to just talk about their commitment to Xbox...
So, you'll hear more. I'm not going to push them, they're going to have to find their own rhythm, but having them make a commitment to Xbox was really important, both to me and I've heard it from the community as well."

This is pure cope. Means literally Xbox would love to get this games, but Square Enix won’t do so. As I said people need to read again what Kiryu said: “Whenever possible“ 🙋🏻‍♂️😏💀
Square Enix is basically in a situation like Bethesda: “Case by case”.
It’s just a matter of time when Sony announces to acquire Square Enix. Mark my words!

VillaiN

Veteran
10 Feb 2023
Lol series s d explode from ff16. So wont happen. Considering sony devs helped,and money was involved, uta not happening

OP
OP
Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Why bother with FF16? They spent 3 months shitting on the game day in and day out. They hate it they said.

Port FF Pixel Remasters instead that will satisfy them.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly