Final Fantasy XIV possibly coming to Xbox Series S|X. Phil on stage in Japan |UP| Updated rumors.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022

Im amazed at how inept sony is at keeping long term partners locked down. May as well let MS buy them too and settle for 10 year deals.

hahahahaha. Sony you had 18 months and whatd you do with it? Garage studios and shut some down.

What new studios did Sony shut down? Also wtf does this have to do with Sony?

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Japan Studio, Manchester Studio, Pixel Opus.

This has to do with Sony because it's another exclusive gone and another long time partner getting in bed with MS.
Iron Man Eye Roll GIF

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Japan Studio, Manchester Studio, Pixel Opus.

This has to do with Sony because it's another exclusive gone and another long time partner getting in bed with MS.
Jesus Christ! What “new” none of those are new! Plz read careful before responding next time. Also it was an exclusive because Sony was blocking it. That has nothing to do with Sony. Did some of u pl start gaming like this gen or something? Because basic stuff about the history of the industry I guys have no clue what u r talking about. Square tried to put ffarr on Xbox over a decade ago Ian’s Microsoft didn’t want to change its server policies so square told them to Fck off.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Oof nearly 20 pages and you still haven’t enough. Stop this nonsense already. Sony is not going to give up nor do they intend to stop. I remember you it’s this very Japanese leadership which restructured a broken corporation into the second richest company of Japan after Toyota. They even managed to turn around the disastrous PS3 era. Not when even hell would froze over, Sony wouldn’t just let Microsoft do as they please. Microsoft is not getting Square Enix. If Square Enix will sell then you all know that Sony will be only to acquire them. Sony cares a lot about Final Fantasy after COD and GTA. FF and Square’s other properties like KH and DQ are very important to Sony. Just stop for god’s sake this doom and gloom preaching. It’s really getting annoying.

• brain
Reactions: Ezekiel

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
… errr accident post but screw it I’m enjoying the doomers going all 404 error over this .

I hope Xbox buys Kingdom Hearts exclusive forever. And PlayStation will still be better for it.

FF14 is their only moneymaker. I’m glad they actually want to stay in business.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Hey who was the publisher for day one Gamepass Outriders again? Please remind me…

UNPRECEDENTED BETRAYAL

🤣

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Hey who was the publisher for day one Gamepass Outriders again? Please remind me…

UNPRECEDENTED BETRAYAL

🤣
Gamepass is where publisher like square and capcom dump their garbage. Microsoft had to pay 10mil for gotg in gamepass and 100mil for tomb raider timed exclusivity. Square sees desperation in Microsoft like before so they will milk them for as much as they can.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Square dumped plenty of garbage with Forspoken and FF Origins. Outriders is par for the course altho received better than either of those.

Final Fantasy has already been on gamespass.

So I’m assuming this is just upsetting those who want Sony to buy Square and that any behavior from Square not being exclusively PlayStation will just induce rage.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Square dumped plenty of garbage with Forspoken and FF Origins. Outriders is par for the course altho received better than either of those.

So I’m assuming this is just upsetting those who want Sony to buy Square and that any behavior from Square not being exclusively PlayStation will just induce rage.
Square will probably just dump all the exclusive failures and back catalogue rubbish on Microsoft.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Square will probably just dump all the exclusive failures and back catalogue rubbish on Microsoft.

They might but I don’t think it’ll be like that. Too risky to actually sell software on xbox so would it be worth it? Even late ports… I don’t see anything being worth the effort outside of other FF games. I think it’s gotta be gamepass deals.

I’m thinking there might be another push to get specific games on gamepass at best. Could be an exclusive. Could be ports. Could just be gamepass day one.

A buyout is a different story but I’m just imagining what would be smart business for square. Ff14 for Xbox is good for them, the game and its future.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Final Fantasy will never sell on Xbox. Real fans choose to play FF on Sony and to a lesser extent, Nintendo. That's where all the history is. 13 proved this already, on the much more popular Xbox 360 platform. Without the Japanese market, Xbox will never be the home of any JRPG franchise.

It's just that Phil, and the diehard Xbox slobs who are fully invested in that whimpering, dying ecosystem know just how bad it looks that you have such a high profile franchise (and publisher) completely snubbing your dying platform. Especially when Square support Nintendo so much as well.

For many it was bad optics enough to spot the rotting Xbox corpse from miles away.

Phil's atleast got the common sense to plug that gaping wound and drum up this announcement as some sort of band aid, but the fact remains, xbox is still second class in everyone's eyes.

Let's see what this 'deal' amounts to in the future. For now, it's a nothingburger PR puff piece.

Good optics for X-BONE, but that's about it. You're still missing most Square-Enix releases on average a year, if all you have is an X-BONE.

and remember, it's written down in contract (law) that xbox can never recieve FF7R, 16 and FF7 Rebirth. X-BONE will never get these games, not for a decade at least.

Now it's up to Sony to sign more and more X-Clusion deals with pubs. Hit them where it hurts. It's clear MS is completely hostile and out for blood, and Sony can't let this one slide.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
You also now have a history of MS systematically targeting all of Sony's biggest partners (Activision, Bethesda, Square-Enix, Sega, Etc).

The "Spend Sony out of business quote" is very real. There's no doubt about it.

This is the same playbook MS used in the 360 era, its just that now with much less marketshare and a failing hardware ecosystem, MS can only get so much in return.

Sony is also really smart in that they learned from the PS3 era and signed exclusivity/exclusion agreements to prevent this from ever happening again.
Thank GOD for the xbox exclusion deals. They're made out by MS and their zealots to be anti-consumer, but they're just the opposite. They may very well keep the PlayStation brand alive in the future, so they're an absolute necessity moving forward.

I said it in the Persona announcement thread last year. If it was up to MS, they'd have paid to take these games away from the rest of us entirely. They're just so far behind no publisher would be willing to do it.

"When we all play, we all win" my ass.

When Xbox dies, we all win.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

FF Origins is good though. It would’ve benefited from a higher budget for sure.