Final Fantasy XVI [OT] Clean Out Your PSClive Boys, We're Going Boss Hunting

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022

IGN constanly atacking this game

2nd diss

1st one by calling it game of thrones copycat/ wanabe...despite theres plenty other rpg game with mature theme like elder scroll, dragon age and witcher but they seems to ignore that statostics

Wtf is wrong with them

If the next final fantasy game return to turn based i think the narative they will use is how it is such an outdated rpg system

Last edited:

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022

2nd diss

1st one by calling it game of thrones copycat/ wanabe...despite theres plenty other rpg game with mature theme like elder scroll, dragon age and witcher but they seems to ignore that statostics

Wtf is wrong with them

If the next final fantasy game return to turn based i think the narative they will use is how it is such an outdated rpg system

These rpg nerds are weird 😆

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023

2nd diss

Wtf is wrong with them

And Final Fantasy is more of a God of War game than God of War Ragnarok is. Those epic Eikon battle is what I wanted to see in Ragnarok.

FF got the better out of that exchange as far as I'm concerned.

Why is Final Fantasy less of an RPG than TW3? Both games have the exact same structure and FF just happens to have drastically better combat.

Reactions: Airbus

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
And Final Fantasy is more of a God of War game than God of War Ragnarok is. Those epic Eikon battle is what I wanted to see in Ragnarok.

FF got the better out of that exchange.

Why is Final Fantasy less of an RPG than TW3? Both games have the exact same structure and FF just happens to have drastically better combat.
That ign post really made me angry

FF16 has to win 2023 VGA GOTY now ( at least for fan vote category ) just to mess with these fekin scumbag

Everyone here vote FF16

Xbox fans will vote Starfield

Nintendo fans will vote Zelda ToK

PS vote will be divided with this and Spiderman 2

But if every playstation fan vote FF16, i think FF16 gona win due to playstation bigger userbase

Finger crossed FF16 gona win both jury and fan vote

If FF16 can win double award ( jury decision + fan vote category) plus beat FF15 number at the end of the year.. thats a nice big feck you piece of shit sent off for the haters dipshit at resetera who constantly attacking this game

Last edited:

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022

It ironically reading this when I got I sword that's called wit for it... Ragnarok 🤣

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
That ign post really made me angry

FF16 has to win 2023 VGA GOTY now ( at least for fan vote category ) just to mess with these fekin scumbag

Everyone here vote FF16

The Xbox fans will vote Starfield

Nintendo will vote Zelda ToK

PS vote will be divided with this and Spiderman 2

But if every playstation fan vote FF16, i think FF16 gona win due to playstation bigger userbase

Finger crossed FF16 gona win both jury and fan vote

If FF16 can win double award ( jury decision + fan vote category) plus beat FF15 number at the end of the year.. thats a nice big feck you piece of shit sent off for the haters dipshit at resetera who constantly attacking this game
I'm just glad the game is great and while I have not finished it yet I'm hoping there is room for FFXVI-2. To me FFXVI is what AAA gaming is all about.

I haven't played a single minute of Zelda ToTK after I started FFXVI nor have I even considered it (and I had not beat Zeldo ToTK). Zelda ToTK never reaches the highs of FFXVI even if the begging is really impressive with the introduction of the new powers).

My personal GoTY will likely fall between FFXVI and BG3 (if it lives up to all it's potential).

Reactions: SLB1904

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
I'm just glad the game is great and while I have not finished it yet I'm hoping there is room for FFXVI-2. To me FFXVI is what AAA gaming is all about.

I haven't played a single minute of Zelda ToTK after I started FFXVI nor have I even considered it (and I had not beat Zeldo ToTK). Zelda ToTK never reaches the highs of FFXVI even if the begging is really impressive with the introduction of the new powers).

My personal GoTY will likely fall between FFXVI and BG3 (if it lives up to all it's potential).
IGN under Xbox influence now?

Theyre constantly attacking this game lately

1. FF16 lack diversity
2. FF16 49 reasons its a Game of Thrones copycat
3. GoW Ragnarok is a better RPG game than FF16

Wonder whats their next complain

That website is getting worse

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
IGN under Xbox influence now?

Theyre constantly attacking this game lately

1. FF16 lack diversity
2. FF16 49 reasons its a Game of Thrones copycat
3. GoW Ragnarok is a better RPG game than FF16

Wonder whats their next complain
They got to shit on PS to get some clicks, nothing new. The PS5 can take it.

If the gaming media started to shit on Xbox for clicks instead it would be completely dead in a matter of weeks and so would be most of these websites.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
If IGN started to shit on Xbox for clicks instead it would be completely dead in a matter of weeks and so would be most of these websites.
That cant happen on IGN as long as Ryan McAfrey in charge there ( or any other of their green brand ambasador still resides there)

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

2nd diss

Wtf is wrong with them

While they are doing clickbait I agree with the claim.
In terms of RPG elements GoW had more than FFXVI.

But I don't consider neither RPGs... they are action games with RPG elements.

• haha
Reactions: Vertigo and Airbus

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

That is true too.

I consider Ragnarok just a completment to GoW... so I think both together could be a single game.
Said that FFXVI has more from the old GoW games than the new GoW has... at least in terms of boss battles.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Was using the berserker charm for a bit and I think I’m done with it. It allows you to go semi-primed with the limit break-like flame attacks just by doing a well timed dodge.

The change to combo animations when semi primed and how often that dodge animation procs… I dunno. Kinda just hurts readability of combat with all the fire effects. I haven’t noticed if the dps is worth vs my dropped combos.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
The game is not perfect but I think if the game was exactly like it is but wasn't a PS moneyhat and did not carry the Final Fantasy name it would easily beat a game exactly like Tears of The Kingdom if it wasn't a Nintendo exclusive and carried the Zelda name.

It gets so much shit for things other games get away with, including Zelda.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Game is totally half-baked. Not gonna pretend like it’s not. Reviews were fair if not pulling punches.

I love it and actually gonna finish it. 4 out 5 stars.

Reactions: ethomaz

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022

The whole point of a "Role Playing Game" is you have some choice as to how you want to play. What kind of character do you want? Do you want to be a melee player, magic user, how are you going to arrange your party, etc?

The reason FF16 is not a role playing game is there is basically zero choice in it. What upgrades you want? That doesn't really materially affect the game, and it is pure action combat. There is no way for you to choose how to play. It's basically completely on rails.

It's not an RPG at all. It's an action game. And I don't understand why this is making people "mad.' The funny thing is I was personally thinking "God of War Ragnarok is more of an RPG than this is" a day or two before IGN put up their article. There is simply more choice in GoWR. I still wouldn't call GoW an RPG really, but it has more elements than FF16 does.

Seriously, I don't understand why some people are getting mad at a genre description. FF16 is an RPG the way Back to the Future 3 is a western.

Game is totally half-baked. Not gonna pretend like it’s not. Reviews were fair if not pulling punches.

I love it and actually gonna finish it. 4 out 5 stars.
This is such a great take, and I think you're completely right on the reviews. And I'm totally gonna finish it. :p

The game is not perfect but I think if the game was exactly like it is but wasn't a PS moneyhat and did not carry the Final Fantasy name it would easily beat a game exactly like Tears of The Kingdom if it wasn't a Nintendo exclusive and carried the Zelda name.

It gets so much shit for things other games get away with, including Zelda.
Gotta disagree hard on this one! This game got a huge pass in the reviews, it's not even close to what an "88" (close to 90) game should be. I think it's getting a better response because it's a PS exclusive called Final Fantasy. You take those things away and people would rate it much lower. If it was on Xbox too? I really don't think people would be trying to put so much "weight" on it. It would be just like Final Fantasy XV.

Reactions: Vertigo

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I don't play this game yet, but from my personal observation looking at youtube reviews and gameplay, I think this game is 8/10. The story is great like typical FF goodness, and the boss battles is THE best of all mainline FF games(Platinum Games unchained LOL). The only things lacking are lack of RPG elements, and lack of customizations(some Eikons skill are underwhelming). But they have a great foundation already, need to punch up that RPG customizations like what SE did with Stranger of Paradise.