Final Fantasy XVI [OT] Clean Out Your PSClive Boys, We're Going Boss Hunting

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Man these sidequests... why? Yesterday night I played 1 hours doing 6 sidequests that were boring like hell... gone sleep after that.
I'm trying to rush them to focus on story that is better (yeap I do sidequests whatever they show because I don't like to left things to later).

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I recommend the "for greater justice" side quest. really did a great job extending the lore on lostwing

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Another evening. The game is incredible. Someohow it is better each evening. If it won't be my goty this year, then I will be surprised.
It looks incredible, it's emotional.. I make audible "wow, whoa man!" sounds when I play and that never happens lol.

More near endgame shots + babes. Damn this game!!!

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The game is a lot longer than I thought I understand why people said there is some pacing issue. I keep getting sidetracked.

Man these sidequests... why? Yesterday night I played 1 hours doing 6 sidequests that were boring like hell... gone sleep after that.
I'm trying to rush them to focus on story that is better (yeap I do sidequests whatever they show because I don't like to left things to later).
Just do the ones with the + sign. Do you do every sidequests in mmos, Zelda, Assassin’s Creed or jrpgs like Xenoblade or Persona? Even The Witcher had tons of shit I never looked at.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
The game is a lot longer than I thought I understand why people said there is some pacing issue. I keep getting sidetracked.

Yea I’m glad I still got a ways to go. I’m at the desert town now and still seems like there’s a lot of game left.

I’m doing every side quest and hunt along the way tho. But I don’t consider it too much padding. Just kinda middling padding.

There’s not enough gear and loot in the game. The buildcrafting aspect is kinda like devoid here. Ragnarok does that so much better. I still only mostly see “stats go up” items etc. That’s bad loot. Actual desirable chases tied to sidequests would’ve remedied the sterile feeling to these sidequests for sure.

I consider this the sequel to Tales of Vesperia. And seeing how that is previously my all time favorite action jrpg … and the similarities here with both Clive and Torgal to Vesperia’s main characters… and the old school layout to world and gam design.

… I have many criticisms but this is the most I’ve enjoyed final fantasy since ff9. Great game

• brain

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Holy Moses…

Welp, just did that Titan fight everyone spoke about.

That was an experience that I haven’t really enjoyed the likes of since Asura’s Wrath. Yea it was a bit scripted and on rails but still fun and I enjoy the spectacle of it all. The Attack on Titan and Shin Gojira vibes definitely welcomed as was the unexpected direction for the soundtrack.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Motion blur patch when? I really want to tone it down a notch. It’s too much. My only gripe with the game.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
I'm the minority. But I'm really enjoying these side quest. Loads of lore in them. The late ones are are quite interesting

• Shake

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Motion blur patch when? I really want to tone it down a notch. It’s too much. My only gripe with the game.
I hope never just so people shut up about it lol.
Game should have no 60fps mode too just to shut up the whiners haha !

OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I'm the minority. But I'm really enjoying these side quest. Loads of lore in them. The late ones are are quite interesting
The Otto one was great, some of them are a little basic but overall they are a big step up from the first half of the game

Reactions: SLB1904

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
The Otto one was great, some of them are a little basic but overall they are a big step up from the first half of the game
It isn't how basic they are, but how good the writing is. Even basic ones has great writing where you are interested what they want to say etc..
It is impossible to make all side quests big, meaninful and branching.

• brain
OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It isn't how basic they are, but how good the writing is. Even basic ones has great writing where you are interested what they want to say etc..
It is impossible to make all side quests big, meaninful and branching.
Sure, but them being basic can be distracting from the writing

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Damn. Talking about side quest... Theo
Yeah they definitely are. Pretty much conclusions of every boring ones.