Final Fantasy XVI | Review Thread

What scores do you think Final Fantasy XVI will get?

• 40-50%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60%

• 60-70%

• 70-80%

• 80-85%

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 27 62.8%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Why do people have to go to twitter to declare they dropped the game? I’m farther than him and his statement is BS. I guess the FF16 smear campaign is in full effect

How is he claiming to be so many hours in when he is watching and reporting the FTC hearing more than he’s played the game?

It's bizarre how many journalists with a big following (even Jason) are really making a point about not liking Final Fantasy 16. Huge coordinated smear campaign about the game. I'm worried it will affect the sales.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Maybe some people just like the game and don't view certain things as issues. It's cool to have issues with a game, everyone does, but everyone doesn't have to agree on those issues either.
So why some guys are mad because the game is not perfection or that some others guys have fair criticism?

The Twitter is not saying anything crazy or false.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
So why some guys are mad because the game is not perfection or that some others guys have fair criticism?
Why are some mad when people disagree with their criticisms? You are free to have criticisms just like others are free to disagree.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Why are some mad when people disagree with their criticisms? You are free to have criticisms just like others are free to disagree.
Who?

If you look at review thread, the other 10/10 thread, this thread… are people mad because reviewers didn’t give that game 11/10.

As if not giving a game [that have flaws] something different than 11/10 make you a monster.

Last edited:

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I can see the arguments detractors are making and I'm hugely positive about the game. It just doesn't matter to me. The critical consensus is the game is great (88/89) but not a masterpiece (9x+) which is nothing to be up in arms about.

Reactions: ethomaz

AuraCuba

28 Apr 2023
I'm glad that I'm not the only person who seems to notice that people are being unreasonable harsh towards FFXVI. Stuff that would barely be a scratch on other games is suddenly a deal breaker with this one, meanwhile TotK manages to get away with so much bullshit.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I'm glad that I'm not the only person who seems to notice that people are being unreasonable harsh towards FFXVI. Stuff that would barely be a scratch on other games is suddenly a deal breaker with this one, meanwhile TotK manages to get away with so much bullshit.
Most important parts of the game is nearly flawless, just few are mediocre. People blowing out of proportion those.

At the same time parroting Starfield... Like what?

Reactions: Box

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Who?

If you look at review thread, the other 10/10 thread, this thread… are people mad because reviewers didn’t give that game 11/10.

As if not giving a game [that have flaws] something different than 11/10 make you a monster.
I can't speak for others, ask them. I personally don't care if someone doesn't like it.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Hey how do i insert image from my phone here

Got some high score review ff16 pict

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Small performance issues (like slowdowns, not bugs) or bad side quests are not enough to lose points usually (they still get mention in the cons) but 96 meta games have plenty.

Some journalists are literally dropping the game because of small nitpicks about the story or light rpg elements.

I'm not saying the experience is flawless but they are going out of their way to criticize it.

Reactions: Box

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Every criticism people are throwing at FFXVI honestly applies to GoW and Ragnarok, but since they got a 94 they are pretty much bullet proof from a wider narrative being formed.

Its like since this game didn’t get the holy 90, people are more vocal about why that is. It’s like a weakness in the Death Star. Same with Horizon, its like if a game gets 90 and up its auto GOTY and untouchable, anything less for a major AAA game and its critical theater.

Its wild that a game that scores an 88/89 is even open to this amount of skepticism. One or two points for a sony game makes that much of a difference.

While those same journalist rant and raved about the latest pokemon which barely worked