FINAL FANTASY XVI Surpasses 3 Million Units Sold Worldwide

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Pointless... If it does then I'll be wrong and I'll have no issues owning it. I just don't see it happening but lets see how it sells over the next few weeks.

It’s possible it’ll break 10 million but in how long? 3 to 5 years? Can you hold your breath that long?

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
My colleague bought it the next day after he tried the demo. He loves it.

When a game is good, the demo will sell it. No amount of youtube shills and sockpuppet metacritic review bombing will prevent that.
“YouTube Shills” That shot at Skillup. Lol

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
If that 13.5 million figure is legit then PS+ numbers were definitely included. Last official numbers we got was 5 million.

Well that's why I said like a Bloody Palace esque update ... It's just an action challenge. It's definitely something to keep some fans engaged after.

Yea I think it was launch year 5 million and if Ps plus sub freebies are included I think FF16 is going to bitchslap Ff7r. Hope it does

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
FztNnbhX0AU4Vpk.jpg
Okay? The point here is?

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
we just discussing. it is good example of the projection where it is going..
Okay fair enough! Look I'm not trying to rag on the game let's get that clear, I know how some people on this forum are. It's my fave game of the year. It's just my personal opinion. I'd love for it to sell 10+ million but I'm just not seeing it now, but that they still have plenty ways to keep sales going... In the coming months.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
If that 13.5 million figure is legit then PS+ numbers were definitely included. Last official numbers we got was 5 million.

Well that's why I said like a Bloody Palace esque update ... It's just an action challenge. It's definitely something to keep some fans engaged after.
They don’t count ps+ downloads as sales.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Okay!
Then the 13.5 million figure is definitely not real then.
they haven’t released it, but it’s easily higher than 10 million, why would they say the game is a massive success and that it made them raise the budget for the sequel? You have nothing to back this gloom and doom of yours.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
they haven’t released it, but it’s easily higher than 10 million, why would they say the game is a massive success and that it made them raise the budget for the sequel? You have nothing to back this gloom and doom of yours.
when i searched numbers. FF7R was listed as it sold 5M+. never got updated. they never updated it.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Okay!
Then the 13.5 million figure is definitely not real then.

I don’t buy it. FF7r’s success is way overblown by fanboys with nothing to back it up. I’d love to see some actual up to date numbers for sure. And without the subscription fluff. 13.5 million tho would sound right for a remake overhyped for nearly a decade.

I’m totally hoping for FF16 to beat it. Let’s go.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
I don’t buy it. FF7r’s success is way overblown by fanboys. I’d love to see some actual up to date numbers for sure. And without the subscription fluff.
It was included in Plus a year after, that definitely chopped off whatever legs it had left and Retrograde didn't do much. I think it's around 6 - 7 million though.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Oh shut the hell up. We never got official numbers a over 5 million. What's your source for the 10+ million other than it being from up your ass.?

Reactions: Vertigo

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Oh shut the hell up. We never got official numbers a over 5 million. What's your source for the 10+ million other than it being from up your ass.?
Are you mad because the OFFICIAL INFORMATION we have is that the game is a massive success and it made them raise the budget for the sequel? Don't cry because your fake concerned citizen act is not working.
Now, chill down because nobody is being disrespectful with you. Behave like a civilized person.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Are you mad because the OFFICIAL INFORMATION we have is that the game is a massive success and it made them raise the budget for the sequel? Don't cry because your fake concerned citizen act is not working.
Now, chill down because nobody is being disrespectful with you. Behave like a civilized person.
Why would I be mad? It's a forum, get a grip. I bought the game Day one on PS4 and Bought Intergrade day one 🤣. I've been playing Final Fantasy games since Final Fantasy 9. Please spare me the Victim persecution complex mentality. The only person here mad is you since you're all bothered by a civil discussion about sales, that you yourself cannot prove. But it's all concerned trolling because I dare to question your mythical 10+ million sales figure that you have no proof of existing.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
whatever massive success means :D Returnal sold 1M and it was massive success.

by the way. it is great that they see it as massive success and it is nothing just great to sell 5M+ copies.