FINAL FANTASY XVI Surpasses 3 Million Units Sold Worldwide

CloudStrife

9 Jul 2022
I went on Era and Installbase and they are comparing it with Pokemon sales 🤦‍♂️

Lol you know they mad as hell at those other sites

View attachment 1740View attachment 1739

Slowly but surely more people are waking up!🙏

That reset thread is 18 pages of ridiculousness.

Also this...

jPpvFmK.png

Last edited:

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
just the fact that the sales thread is 18 pages is enough evidence, this is after their thread on monday going over 26 pages and another one that got locked already.

I can’t remember any other game this year having that many sales threads and pages dedicated to it. Happy for the team despite all the people pushing back against it

For example, The resident evil 4 sales thread is 6 pages, and its the only one that exist.

24 Jun 2022
Looks like ResetERA's boycott campaign failed miserably 🤣

I was going to wait to buy the game but the amount of hate, salt and hope it would fail prompted me to buy it and I did it yesterday. Masterpiece through and through.

Funny thing: that same stuff convinced me to buy Horizon Forbidden West, because the footage I saw around the time in no way validated the vitriol that game was getting.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Looks like ResetERA's boycott campaign failed miserably 🤣

Funny thing: that same stuff convinced me to buy Horizon Forbidden West, because the footage I saw around the time in no way validated the vitriol that game was getting.

Like i said in another thread it happens either literally every major playstation game at this point. They did it to Forspoken, Horizon, God of War, etc.

Expect this same thing to happen for Spider-Man 2, Rebirth, etc. but it is worse for Square Enix games.

The problem starts because everyone feels entitled to something like Final Fantasy, xbox players think they are being screwed over cause they got 15 and 13, pc players think everything should be a simultaneous release, nintendo players think if its a japanese game it should automatically be on nintendo or fail, ps4 players for not having the money to upgrade, etc.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
That reset thread is 18 pages of ridiculousness.
That place manages to be wrong about everything.

It was the same with Horizon, Forspoken too.

It is looking like m$ employed or use AI, for a whole new Hate department.
Most aren't paid they all believe if MS had their way they would be playing all games day one for $9 a month and quality would not suffer. They are really stupid.

Reactions: Gods&Monsters
24 Jun 2022
So much for panicking.

Trashera trying real hard to downplay these numbers. They’re so mad. Mostly Nintendo drones I bet.

You can already tell from the usual suspects. Fiendcode (Nintendo fanboy who also masquerades as an Xbox fanboy in proxy when it comes to the ABK acquisition), BassForever (similar), Charamiwa (just sounds stupid/slow), Reil (not a "usual suspect", but a useful idiot trying to spin an industry practice into something only SE is doing here to fluff XVI's sales numbers when even companies like Nintendo report shipped & digital sales for their sales PR announcements), The Unsent (overly emotional), Yozora XV (just seems like an idiot backpacking off fiendcode),...

...and that's just the first page.

IMO it's only a matter of time before era fizzles out. A website like that can't survive if the only ones left on there are rabid Xbox fanboys.

It's already fizzling out; their traffic numbers have been dropping like a stone the past few months. The only threads that get any real traction are the MS/ABK one (mostly Xbox fanatics who have nothing else to do in their day replying to & fellating each other), and anti-PS outrage threads (useful Xbox, Nintendo & PC idiots piling onto something that's ultimately fake news, like the Imran Khan rumor thread).

The forum's eating itself alive and deserves whatever happens from there. The good members will be able to find healthier communities to join, when they're ready.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Hopefully this game win GOTY i cant wait to see the meltdown

Happy Season 2 GIF by Law & Order
It's unlikely to beat Zelda but I could definitely see it sneak a few wins here and there, if one happens to be in one of the big one... Oh boy.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
FF16 manage to pull that with only 1 platform ( PS5) and with higher restriction ( more adult rating ESRB)
That is a weird point... ~4.5m from these 5 million come from PS4.

It is undeniable that FF name is not in the same postiion today as when they released FFXV.
They need to build the franchise to that point again.

The initial sales shows a decline in day one buyers and that can only be worked with time in the hope the FFXVI increase again the sales of the franchise.
The real show of what FFXVI did is after years from now and peharps only FFXVII will really tell if FFXVI was sucessful in build a strong franchise again.
FFXV was a disaster for the franchise and that is showing now.