For those that hate Sony, What made you feel the way you do about them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
You're not even part of that forum, you were part of GS System Wars, where you got permabanned for being a lemming troll. You got permabanned from fucking GS System Wars LMFAO. What are you doing in this conversation?
Great rebuttal LOL. If you're incapable of making a real response why in the hell are you even here?

Deflect, deflect, deflect... Persecution complexes... Victims... LMFAO

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
I'm curious what the average age of the people in this thread is. I don't think I hate any corporation I just enjoy some products and don't use others.

Rivet

25 Jun 2022
I like Sony as a company and Playstation is pretty cool, but their fanbase kinda ruins it 😁 That's how I feel about a lot of things, like idk, K-Pop and Rick and Morty.

A couple of examples from GAF:

PC superiority, which is a purely objective fact, gets mentioned: Xbox fans don't care, Nintendo fans care even less, Sony fans... have regular meltdowns and try to prove how their SSD is the real king of performance or something and what about muh $399 and so on.

Switch is killing it in the console space, another objective fact: Nintendo fans don't exist because they got permabanned from GAF (🤣), Xbox fans either don't care or congratulate the Nintendobros, Sony fans... have regular meltdowns, trying to prove how Switch isn't a real console and that mobile gaming doesn't count and yada yada yada.

I bet there are more examples, but you get the gist.

But that's the thing, it's in your head Bernd. There's nothing "objectively superior" to PC. You pay $3000 for basically zero PC dedicated AAA exclusive (AAA games are made for console first these days outside of Cyberpunk...) and you basically get the same or inferior graphics to the big budget games on consoles because big budgets are on consoles anyway and so are devs talent. PC gets mostly ports (plus great indies, but as AAA, mostly ports....)

Graphics are a function of both machine power (which isn't very different between a PS5/XSX and a high end PC anyway due to console hardware optimizations and lower level APIs) AND talent / budget, which is why nothing looks close to Horizon FW right now on PC for example. What is superior in paying 5 times the price to get less ? Nothing really uses Nvidia cards properly these days. Sure, you get mods and more settings, but I'd hardly call that "superiority" unless you're a total mod nerd. Even less so now that console games run at dynamic 4K 60 fps with HDR... And that's without talking about all the hassles of PC you have to go through (sports games being last gen, bad PC ports and so on...). Diminishing returns and price increases really killed any momentum PC had in my opinion... You can hardly see the difference between a PC and a XSX / PS5 version these days and it'll get worse, so why bother ? Unless you're fan of PC strategy games or things like that, but that's your taste, not any kind of superiority. I like PC, I play on PC nearly as much as on console for strategy games. But is it superior ? Of course not. It depends on your preference.

Switch sales are another example, it's also in your head. Switch is handheld, so of course it will have handheld sales. It should be compared to Nintendo DS sales (150 million lifetime if I remember correctly), maybe it will reach that number one day... But it's stupid comparing it to non handheld consoles. I don't give a fuck, but that's just dumb. Apples and oranges. Of course Switch sells well... as a handheld. It looks like it hurts you inside that Sony sells the best and makes the best games. It's ok, man, just go outside, breath and maybe buy a PS5 if you don't have one. You'll feel better.

Like I said, people laugh at you and your friends because you say dumb things and make dumb threads like "Xbox and Gamepass are taking over the world" or "there will be a huge difference between Series X and PS5" while your favorite brand has always been last place with the less interesting exclusives to buy, unfortunately for everybody.

I'd laugh the same if someone made threads about the rain not being wet or other stupidity like that. Nothing personal. I have nothing against Xbox, but if you don't want to be laughed at, just say less stupid things.

Last edited:

Bernd Lauert

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
How do you explain the vast majority of banned users being Sony guys and CatLady still not being banned after trolling threads for days? and don't come with some "80% users are sony" BS because that's not true at all.
1) It's true, or at least was until everyone got banned or asked for an account lock.
2) CatLady never did anything wrong. She's like the least confrontative console warrior I know.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
1) It's true, or at least was until everyone got banned or asked for an account lock.
2) CatLady never did anything wrong. She's like the least confrontative console warrior I know.
Sure Jan GIF

Bernd Lauert

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
But that's the thing, it's in your head Bernd. There's nothing "objectively superior" to PC. You pay $3000 for basically zero PC dedicated AAA exclusive (AAA games are made for console first these days outside of Cyberpunk...) and you basically get the same or inferior graphics to the big budget games on consoles because big budgets are on consoles anyway and so are devs talent.

Graphics are a function of both machine power (which isn't very different between a PS5/XSX and a high end PC anyway due to console hardware optimizations and lower level APIs) AND talent / budget, which is why nothing looks close to Horizon FW right now on PC for example. What is superior in paying 5 times the price to get less ? Nothing really uses Nvidia cards properly these days. Sure, you get mods and more settings, but I'd hardly call that "superiority" unless you're a total mod nerd. Even less so now that console games run at dynamic 4K 60 fps with HDR... And that's without talking about all the hassles of PC you have to go through (sports games being last gen, bad PC ports and so on...). Diminishing returns and price increases really killed any momentum PC had in my opinion... You can hardly see the difference between a PC and a XSX / PS5 version these days and it'll get worse, so why bother ? Unless you're fan of PC strategy games or things like that, but that's your taste, not any kind of superiority.

Switch sales are another example, it's also in your head. Switch is handheld, so of course it will have handheld sales. It should be compared to Nintendo DS sales (150 million lifetime if I remember correctly), maybe it will reach that number one day... But it's stupid comparing it to non handheld consoles. I don't give a fuck, but that's just dumb. Apples and oranges. Of course Switch sells well... as a handheld. It looks like it hurts you inside that Sony sells the best and makes the best games. It's ok, man, just go outside, breath and maybe buy a PS5 if you don't have one. You'll feel better.

Like I said, people laugh at you and your friends because you say dumb things and make dumb threads like "Xbox and Gamepass are taking over the world" or "there will be a huge difference between Series X and PS5" while your favorite brand has always been last place with the less interesting exclusives to buy, unfortunately for everybody.

I'd laugh the same if someone made threads about the rain not being wet or other stupidity like that. Nothing personal. I have nothing against Xbox, but if you don't want to be laughed at, just say less stupid things.
see-oprah.gif

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I like Sony as a company and Playstation is pretty cool, but their fanbase kinda ruins it 😁 That's how I feel about a lot of things, like idk, K-Pop and Rick and Morty.

A couple of examples from GAF:

PC superiority, which is a purely objective fact, gets mentioned: Xbox fans don't care, Nintendo fans care even less, Sony fans... have regular meltdowns and try to prove how their SSD is the real king of performance or something and what about muh $399 and so on.
Lies. PC gamers try to push this BS narrative that console gaming suck and All console fanbases constantly push this narrative back. Xbox fans have multiple meltdowns over this, stop lying.
Switch is killing it in the console space, another objective fact: Nintendo fans don't exist because they got permabanned from GAF (🤣), Xbox fans either don't care or congratulate the Nintendobros, Sony fans... have regular meltdowns, trying to prove how Switch isn't a real console and that mobile gaming doesn't count and yada yada yada.
Another lie. Nobody sees Switch as competition and Xbox fans use Nintendo when they are backed into a corner confronted about how Xbox is flopping.

Can't you talk without lying?

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Rivet

25 Jun 2022

CatLady never did anything wrong. Ah ah, nice one. Talk about lacking self awareness. Thanks for the laugh Bernd, once again.

Bernd Lauert

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Lies. PC gamers try to push this BS narrative that console gaming suck and All console fanbases constantly push this narrative back. Xbox fans have multiple meltdowns over this, stop lying.

Another lie. Nobody sees Switch as competition and Xbox fans use Nintendo when they are backed into a corner confronted about how Xbox is flopping.

Can't you talk without lying?
Your buddy Rivet literally proved my point ten minutes ago. You lose ☺️

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: DarkMage619
D

Deleted member 51

But that's the thing, it's in your head Bernd. There's nothing "superior" to PC. You pay $3000 for basically zero PC dedicated AAA exclusive (AAA games are made for console first these days outside of Cyberpunk...) and you basically get the same or inferior graphics to the big budget games on consoles because big budgets are on consoles anyway and so are devs talent.

Graphics are a function of both machine power AND talent / budget, which is why nothing looks close to Horizon FW right now on PC for example. What is superior in paying 5 times the price to get less ? Nothing really uses Nvidia cards properly these days. Sure, you get mods and more settings, but I'd hardly call that "superiority" unless you're a total mod nerd. Even less so now that console games run at dynamic 4K 60 fps with HDR... And that's without talking about all the hassles of PC you have to go through (sports games being last gen, bad PC ports and so on...)

Switch sales are another example, it's also in your head. Switch is handheld, so of course it will have handheld sales. It should be compared to DS sales (150 million lifetime if I remember correctly), maybe it will reach that number one day... But it's stupid comparing it to non handheld consoles. I don't give a fuck, but that's just dumb. Apples and oranges. Of course Switch sells well... as a handheld. It looks like it hurts you inside that Sony sells the best and makes the best games. It's ok, man, just go outside, breath and maybe buy a PS5 if you don't have one. You'll feel better.

Like I said, people laugh at you and your friends because you say dumb things and make dumb threads like "Xbox and Gamepass are taking over the world" while your favorite brand has always been last place with the less interesting exclusives to buy, unfortunately for everybody.

Tell me that you have never experienced over 165hz, REAL 4K+, ultrawide, with no compromises whatsoever. All while having discord open, streaming, listening to music, with chrome browser on the other monitor, while using any possible combination of hardware, software, etc.

Let's put it into a car analogy. Example A) and B) having the exact same Jeep or Toyota supra, whichever your choose.

A) You keep it bone stock

B) You get upgraded suspension, brakes, tires, sway bars, larger pistons, added a supercharger or twin turbos, exhaust, intake, better seats, speakers, paint, etc.

We all know example B) will cost more than A).... But we also know the experience will be miles ahead when it comes to comfort, performance, customization, etc.

Car B) is objectively better. It'll beat car A) in a race, offroad, in looks, comfort, etc.

Back to gaming, we all know Microsoft take on PC, and we're seeing each day, more and more Sony titles coming to PC. There's barely any games left at this point that people swore up and down wouldn't come to PC, like GoW or Spiderman, it's two arguably most popular and best-selling games they made. We are getting ALL of the games this generation, and from here on out. And this isn't to say consoles suck, or they are bad, etc. It's just they there's so much more you can do with a PC, instead of being limited to only playing games.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bernd Lauert

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Great rebuttal LOL. If you're incapable of making a real response why in the hell are you even here?

Deflect, deflect, deflect... Persecution complexes... Victims... LMFAO
I'm not talking to the permabanned fanboy from GS System Wars. Keep ignored. You have no place in this conversation. Bye.

• haha
Reactions: DarkMage619

Rivet

25 Jun 2022
Tell me that you have never experienced over 165hz, REAL 4K+, ultrawide, with no compromises whatsoever. All while having discord open, streaming, listening to music, with chrome browser on the other monitor, while using any possible combination of hardware, software, etc.

Let's put it into a car analogy. Example A) and B) having the exact same Jeep or Toyota supra, whichever your choose.

A) You keep it bone stock

B) You get upgraded suspension, brakes, tires, sway bars, larger pistons, added a supercharger or twin turbos, exhaust, intake, better seats, speakers, paint, etc.

We all know example B) will cost more than A).... But we also know the experience will be miles ahead when it comes to comfort, performance, customization, etc.

Car B) is objectively better. It'll beat car A) in a race, offroad, in looks, comfort, etc.

Back to gaming, we all know Microsoft take on PC, and we're seeing each day, more and more Sony titles coming to PC. There's barely any games left at this point that people swore up and down wouldn't come to PC, like GoW or Spiderman, it's two arguably most popular and best-selling games they made. We are getting ALL of the games this generation, and from here on out. And this isn't to say consoles suck, or they are bad, etc. It's just they there's so much more you can do with a PC, instead of being limited to only playing games.

But it's great for YOU, not me. For 99% of people, 60 fps dynamic 4k games are perfectly fine and look exactly the same as the high end PC version (when there's one). We have wives, kids, we don't care about discord and 250 Hz you know... It's worth zero for general population. PC used to be somewhat useful when games weren't all 60 fps on consoles. But now ? I really don't know outside of hardcore fans... And I say that as a PC strategy games fan.

And budgets are on consoles anyway... Look at Horizon FW. Where are those technical gems on PC ? You get AAA ports... And until now not day one for a lot of them...

I respect your taste. But that's your taste. Not a factual superiority of any kind.

To be superior the difference should be meaningful for most people, or at least somewhat justify the huge price difference.

Games aren't technically significantly superior on a high end PC compared to a PS5 / XSX console these days. I know, I play on both.

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
But it's great for YOU, not me. For 99% of people, 60 fps dynamic 4k games are perfectly fine and look exactly the same. We have wives, kids, we don't care about discord and 250 Hz you know... It's worth zero for general population. PC used to be somewhat useful when games weren't all 60 fps on consoles. But now ? I really don't know outside of nerds... And I say that as a PC strategy games fan.

And budgets are on consoles anyway... Look at Horizon FW. Where are those games on PC ? You get AAA ports... And until now not day one for a lot of them...
It's all a matter of priority. To some people it's worth it, to others isn't.
I can afford a high end PC, I just chose not to because it's too expensive to play the same games at slight better settings.
Yes, I have experienced all that and it's not worth the paying price. I'd rather spend that money elsewhere.

Rivet

25 Jun 2022
It's all a matter of priority. To some people it's worth it, to others isn't.
I can afford a high end PC, I just chose not to because it's too expensive to play the same games at slight better settings.
Yes, I have experienced all that and it's not worth the paying price. I'd rather spend that money elsewhere.

Exactly. I don't say it's not the best choice for some, it clearly is. But Bernd said PC was factually superior, which is obviously dumb.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Exactly. I don't say it's not the best choice for some, it clearly is. But Bernd said PC was factually superior, which is obviously dumb.
It is superior as far as settings go, But the ROI is not superior or worth it at all.

Reactions: Rivet

Rivet

25 Jun 2022
It is superior as far as settings go, But the ROI is not superior or worth it at all.

Of course, it has its pros including mods and settings choices, nobody denies that. ;)

I used to love all that. I upgraded every 2 years. Then I got older and when I went back from work, the last thing I wanted was tinkering with settings. Now I upgrade less frequently. I could buy multiple high end PCs, that's not the problem here.

PC is a great platform. It's just not factually superior or factually inferior. It has its pros and cons.

Last edited:

Rivet

25 Jun 2022
Your buddy Rivet literally proved my point ten minutes ago. You lose ☺️

You certainly was the one proving my point by saying dumb things again and then failing to answer anything . ;) Then you and your friends will complain again about people laughing at you, go figure...

Look at how silly your point is when you think a certain "fan base" is more arrogant or different. Those are the same people playing you genius.

There's no reason a fan base would be different to another one, individuals are the ones being different. I was a PC Gamepass subscriber multiple times.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 51

I have a buddy who has a 9700k and a 2080 ti that he got pretty cheap, before both next gen consoles came out, and before prices went up on both PC parts and consoles. He didn't have to upgrade his PC at all to play all the latest next gen games. As a matter of fact, he plays them at higher resolution, and higher frame rates to be exact. He more than likely won't upgrade till the next upcoming generation oc console release. So he can play any games from the 80's to all the future games.
Of course, it has its pros including mods and settings choices, nobody denies that. ;)

I used to love all that. I upgraded every 2 years. Then I got older and when I went back from work, the last thing I wanted was tinkering with settings. Now I upgrade less frequently.

PC is a great platform. It's just not factually superior or factually inferior. It has its pros and cons.
You don't have to upgrade every two years, like my example above. You don't have to tinker with any settings, I'm not sure why people think it's the early 90's still?? People who say this as an excuse almost 99% of the time, have never played on a gaming PC in their life. And the numerous people who have, know this excuse is outdated, and probably older than some posters here.

Factually speaking, there's PC's they came out before current Gen consoles, that have much better performance than a ps5/xsx. I don't get why some people hate to admit this. You might prefer 30 and 60 fps modes, limited to no raytracing, lower quality of details, more shimmering and aliasing, etc. But there's no way that is equal to the performance I started earlier. You may not NEED it, but it is a fact that it is superior hardware/performance. You can't say a 200hp car is superior to the 400hp variant of the same car, it would make no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.