For those that hate Sony, What made you feel the way you do about them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rivet

25 Jun 2022
TIL

60 fps > 144fps?

Even though there are perceivable differences, these differences don't matter?

Anything over 60fps is a waste?

People admit the graphical gap between ps4 and ps5, is minimal, but don't understand why PC gamers pay to have the graphics and performance gap between PC and ps5? I'm assuming ps5 was a freebie over ps4?

Only Sony is capable of creating AAA games, and 3rd party games are AA or less.

Ps5 >>> 3090 Ti, because 60 fps @ checkerboard rendering is better than 144hz @ native 4K, as power is being wasted.

Having no options >> having options

"Fanboy logic" >>> wisdom, experience and having actual logic

Maybe it's time to go for a walk or something before going full meltdown like that ? At least you're on topic as a Sony hater.

Of course other devs can make AAA. But fact is there are very few quality AAA games still released these days. This year ? 1 outside of HFW and Ragnarok (2 Sony AAA games) : Elden Ring which looks very average on every platform, especially compared to the beautiful Demon's Souls remake on PS5, and stutters on PC. So barely AAA actually.

3090Ti will give you zero new AAA game, just the same PC ports looking the same as on console. If you think it's worth the price, if you need to go beyond 60 fps for some reason, if you want to play in 8K or whatever, go for it. What people tell you if they don't think it's worth the hefty price anymore compared to playing on consoles now that you get great graphics, great resolution and 60 fps on consoles anyway. You do what you want with your money.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
So if the differences are so diminishing, why did we have so many upset people and multiple threads about the latest horizon in performance vs quality modes, and how big the differences were? Why were so many upset that PC gets the 60fps modes on some games, while ps5 gets it either late or never gets them? People even thought console updated version of GTAV would shit on PC version, which released how many years ago? We don't even need an update, and day one PC version still looks better. Same with cyberpunk, and every game Sony released on PC. Just because YOU can't tell the difference between 30 fps and 144, or faux 4K and native, or x16 anti aliasing vs x8, etc. There are several console-only players that complain about this very thing.
You are talking about different things, because there are differences does not mean that the returns are not diminishing.

For example, let's go back in time:
Arcade 1986 top quality racing was Outrun or something similar with sprites scaling at 30fps.
maxresdefault.jpg

Jump to 1993 years ahead and the best looking racing game was Daytona USA (bar none), full 3d, filtered textures, true colors, 60fps, advanced physics for the time, etc. like your jaw dropped the first time you saw this game in action.
MV5BZjdiNzhlNzYtZTBmOS00MDNjLWJlMTctZmY2Y2JhZjVjNWE2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTk5NDI0MA@@._V1_.jpg

No need to explain to your stupid cousin what the differences are.

Now, we went from GT6 on PS3 to GT7 on PS5 -- Somebody who is not on this forum could barely tell the difference unless you sat them in front of a TV and had them take a serious look at it.
maxresdefault.jpg

Like, obviously there are differences, but nothing ground breaking is happening anymore.

It's even worse when you go to PC, everybody knows that playing at "Ultra" is a waste. You can notice it (I'm the kind of person who does), but I'm also honest enough that there is no time where we will go from having 16 colors on screen from a palette of 54 (the NES) to a machine that has 512 and displays 64 (or more) in the next generation.... then the jump to true colors.

Back then having a computer (amiga) meant that you got this:
313580-dotc_ami_22.gif

While the console peasants (NES) got this:
761870-934276862_00.gif

Even on a game where it will show like TLoU PS3 vs the new one, there are still less benefits than when we went from PS1 to PS2 or even OG xbox, a top of the line PS4 game like TLoU 2 looks similar enough and well.. sadly it runs at 30fps, but this is not like it was a broken mess and you could barely look at previous gen games after seeing the PS5/xb series x.

How does the 2022 version of xyz car all of a sudden become trash, just because the 2023 model released? They share the same exact engine, same trim, etc, literally same car...? Why would that be trash/scrap?
Because the display is bigger on the new models, that's why!
And that's the other problem with you warriors. You glorify one thing, only until it releases for PC. Look at how many games you guys claim as GOTY, BEST GAME EVER, etc, only to call it scraps, ONLY when it's announced for PC?
I'm not sure which strawman you are talking to, maybe you forgot to take your pills?
Dc Comics Joker GIF by HBO Max

I played Horizon ZD on PC and I'm replaying Dad of War on PC at the moment.

I wonder if you ever posted anything promoting the series S, that would be kind of ironic.

and I will call it a day.

D

Deleted member 51

Damn man, the success of PlayStation really gets to you. You need to grow up.
You obviously like to war only, and not read. Scroll through to the original post by me, and each one after. No PC gamers cares about PlayStation success. Their games are welcome to come to PC for those who would like to play them. But they obviously are far from the best games. Look how poorly they sell on PC, right? That is your excuse about how poorly they sell, yet PC gamers are begging for these games that constantly flop in sales? You guys are pathetic in defending and debating, as y'all can never get y'all defense correct. Which one is it? Are they the best AAA? Are they scraps? Please help us understand.
Maybe it's time to go for a walk or something before going full meltdown like that ? At least you're on topic as a Sony hater.

Of course other devs can make AAA. But fact is there are very few quality AAA games still released these days. This year ? 1 outside of HFW and Ragnarok (2 Sony AAA games) : Elden Ring which looks very average on every platform, especially compared to the beautiful Demon's Souls remake on PS5, and stutters on PC. So barely AAA actually.

3090Ti will give you zero new AAA game, just the same PC ports looking the same as on console. If you think it's worth the price, if you need to go beyond 60 fps for some reason, if you want to play in 8K or whatever, go for it. What people tell you if they don't think it's worth the hefty price anymore compared to playing on consoles now that you get great graphics, great resolution and 60 fps on consoles anyway. You do what you want with your money.
Meltdown? I'm simply telling you guys there is superior performance and hardware. You guys will try and spin each argument into price, scraps, etc. It's kinda funny how no one will answer the question I asked a bunch of times.

If there are diminishing returns going from ps4 to ps5, why did you purchase it? GoW will be the same game on both platforms, right? Same with Horizon FW? RIGHT? But it's a problem that I prefer higher quality and performance? Does that even make sense? You had to pay extra money to get better visuals going from ps4 to ps5 in Horizon and GoW, and even had to pay more money for the same game with visual upgrades, so why is it a problem for those who want better than what console can provide?

• haha
Reactions: Rivet

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
I rather play rant game at release to be honest.
After release it is rare the game that I back to play… anyway I have no backlog list… I just select and jump from release to release on PS.
And thus is the crux of the failure in understanding why Sony's games are selling lower than some would expect on PC.

Who really wants to spend money on stuff years later? Sure it's the same game at the end of the day and it won't be any worse for it, but when that window of hype closes so does general interest.

Day and date is going to have to happen for any of this PC stuff to make sense. They'll lose respect from that consumer base if they don't get on board in relative short order.

D

Deleted member 51

And thus is the crux of the failure in understanding why Sony's games are selling lower than some would expect on PC.

Who really wants to spend money on stuff years later? Sure it's the same game at the end of the day and it won't be any worse for it, but when that window of hype closes so does general interest.

Day and date is going to have to happen for any of this PC stuff to make sense. They'll lose respect from that consumer base if they don't get on board in relative short order.
If any of their games were as amazing as some say, I'd own a ps4/5 already. But my backlog is longer than these warriors excuses and b.s replies. With more players on steam than PSN, you'd imagine the only AAA games in existence, would sell like hot cakes...but since they aren't... Let's blame piracy, the game is an old scrap now, etc. Just throw excuses at the forum, and see what sticks.

There's only a few PS fans that will admit I'm right, which is sad as we have all seen countless DF, NXG, VG, etc comparisons, and how so many whine when PC gets brought into the comparisons. People claim it's not fair, the PC costs more, the devs were not fair by optimizing the PC version while ps5 version is barely an upgrade from ps4. Especially when the games they love run and look better on PC.

I just wish people weren't in denial so hard, as I'd just read this forum without posting. But it gets annoying so see so many NPC's spew illogical fallacies.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
If any of their games were as amazing as some say, I'd own a ps4/5 already. But my backlog is longer than these warriors excuses and b.s replies. With more players on steam than PSN, you'd imagine the only AAA games in existence, would sell like hot cakes...but since they aren't... Let's blame piracy, the game is an old scrap now, etc. Just throw excuses at the forum, and see what sticks.

There's only a few PS fans that will admit I'm right, which is sad as we have all seen countless DF, NXG, VG, etc comparisons, and how so many whine when PC gets brought into the comparisons. People claim it's not fair, the PC costs more, the devs were not fair by optimizing the PC version while ps5 version is barely an upgrade from ps4. Especially when the games they love run and look better on PC.

I just wish people weren't in denial so hard, as I'd just read this forum without posting. But it gets annoying so see so many NPC's spew illogical fallacies.
Sony makes some good games and I won't knock them for that, but outside of their safe space bubble they're pretty oblivious to how unremarkable other people find them to be in the masses.

Why do you think Sony basically has one game template now? You know the third person cinematic experience? Because little else beyond that appeals to their bread and butter demographic which is why they've abandoned variety.

For all the shit Microsoft gets for trickle fed releases their level of genre and perspective variety is all over the map. They create something for everyone, and that's why coupled with day one releases they are thriving on PC.

Sony is going to have to grasp this kind of thinking if they want to draw new blood into their fold and expand.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 51

EDMIX

I love Sony as a company and I love their games.

What I hate is the attitude of some Sony fans that their games and hardware are superior to everything out even if there are other hardware/games that are better. There are some games that are definitely very good and even superior at times through the years. So the attitude "so which Sony game will be GOTY this year" even before the year has started is what I'm talking about. There is just no open mindedness about other studios that are great that may take the crown (i.e. like Elden Ring or RDR2 for example).

True, but RDR2 is a great game.....simply not as great as a Sony game "cites the superior Days Gone shakespearen writing" /s

Sony will likely always have a collection of GOTYs as they've got an amazing set of studios and allow a great amount of freedom that at any time, some new IP can emerge from that gets majority of those awards, I don't think that should be ignored, I however don't believe that should be seen as the default for all Sony titles though in terms of expectations.

They take lots of risk, flops happen. Not everything will be Horizon or The Last Of Us or Ghost Of Tsushima, they might get hit with Days Gone, The Order and many more flops lol

So If I believe Sony will collect some GOTY's, its only cause this year is up to 2 titles by them that have already collected a fuck ton with Horizon and God Of War

and if I believe next year they'll have it too.....well Spiderman 2 is going to be doing fucking gangbusters with Venom. By 2024, what ever that new IP is by Naughty Dog's other half or any of their other studios that have yet to put something out, I can see how they can continue that combo for some time. That doesn't mean every Sony title will get it or should get it btw, simply that they have the teams to make that shit happen yearly if the timing is right lol

I know even the titles I personally like or want in the future won't be in that GOTY area or unlikely to. Like a Getaway reboot or Ico prequel or The Order sequel etc

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
If any of their games were as amazing as some say, I'd own a ps4/5 already.
This is the most stupid argument ever... (Illogical fallacy)
You want to rub your complex(inferiority or superiority take your pick) that's your problem, you don't seem to love the games, you love the spec.
But my backlog is longer than these warriors excuses and b.s replies. With more players on steam than PSN, you'd imagine the only AAA games in existence, would sell like hot cakes...but since they aren't... Let's blame piracy, the game is an old scrap now, etc. Just throw excuses at the forum, and see what sticks.
Second dumbest argument.. (illogical fallacy)
Backlog, i have back log on all the platforms since 80s get on my level noob...am I doing it right?
Third dumbest argument...(illogical fallacy)
What exactly do you want out of gaming, be right?

I have a better experience playing on console than PC, I prefer PlayStation and call my self a fan mostly due to the games they make and the experience I get. ( Subjective, but logical)

• brain
Reactions: Rivet and EDMIX

EDMIX

This is the most stupid argument ever... (Illogical fallacy)
You want to rub your complex(inferiority or superiority take your pick) that's your problem, you don't seem to love the games, you love the spec.

Second dumbest argument.. (illogical fallacy)
Backlog, i have back log on all the platforms since 80s get on my level noob...am I doing it right?

Third dumbest argument...(illogical fallacy)
What exactly do you want out of gaming, be right?

I have a better experience playing on console than PC, I prefer PlayStation and call my self a fan mostly due to the games they make and the experience I get. ( Subjective, but logical)

Agreed 1000%.

I believe Call Of Duty, Mario Kart, Assassins Creed and many more are as amazing as the people who love them say they are....TO THEM. I don't force this idea that if it was "amazing" I'd play it lol the fuck? I feel lots of great titles exist that others like, that I don't, but I understand to them its amazing and they like it, me liking it or not doesn't define something being amazing or great or of good quality etc and I think its odd that anyone thinks this way. Clearly Sony is doing something right by their fans to have broken as many records as they have broken.

I believe their concept of how they publish should be supported by most publishers. New IP every generation, revisit of IPs that were successful last gen, some remakes and sprinkle on some smaller risk taking titles lol Thats all I can ask of a publisher.

I also don't get the backlog thing lol I have a backlog of titles on all platforms. So many amazing games come out and I just don't have the time to run thru them all and when I look back at my most active years, they are also years I was in 1 business or doing 1 job or something, but those transition years of college, starting a new business, going to a different country or something cause backlogs as I knew I wouldn't have time to run thru as many games.

I'm in that transition right now as I'm transferring to a university. I know I won't have time for God Of War this fall, I didn't have time for Elden Ring this year, I know many titles will be bought used, on sale or something, but that isn't based on them being bad, its based on me personally not having the time. Anyone can have a backlog of a lot of amazing titles. I just don't get the whole steam argument as if that can't occur elsewhere lol

I love PC gaming and will always game on PC in the future, but titles I grew with on PS, I will continue to play on PS. Why would I change a set up on Tekken that I've known for decades causes I can get it on PC? Thats nice....I can get shit on my phone too, why on earth would I want that? How would that benefit me? Not to mention PC in and of itself has a whole fucking host of issues I may not want to deal with on certain titles. Sometimes I want to just stay home and play a title knowing it will work, not looking up 10 different work arounds for a bluescreen, white screen and turn off V-sync combos lol Not everyone wants to do that shit for every game.

I'm sure God Of War will be better on PC, but I grow up on that mash X button on the QTE and I'm continuing that vibe with the next God Of War, how the hell am I going to fuck the hoes in Valhalla pressing F? foh lol

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Sony makes some good games and I won't knock them for that, but outside of their safe space bubble they're pretty oblivious to how unremarkable other people find them to be in the masses.

Why do you think Sony basically has one game template now? You know the third person cinematic experience? Because little else beyond that appeals to their bread and butter demographic which is why they've abandoned variety.

For all the shit Microsoft gets for trickle fed releases their level of genre and perspective variety is all over the map. They create something for everyone, and that's why coupled with day one releases they are thriving on PC.

Sony is going to have to grasp this kind of thinking if they want to draw new blood into their fold and expand.
That's only if you ignore dreams, gran turismo, iron man vr, MLB The Show, demons souls remake, Spider-Man miles morales, astro playroom, sackboy's big adventure all of which released since 2020.
We also know of Horizon Call of The Mountain as well which is first person.
Also Blood and Truth, Erica, Concrete Genie, and Medievil remake happened only three years ago and some of them even after gears 5 came out.

Anyway this whole cinematic third person crap is nonsense, days gone plays nothing like horizon, tlou 2 plays nothing like god of war and because of that those games will attract different audiences and the camera perspective in those games arent even the same, God of War's camera is a lot more closer to Kratos most of the game then the camera is to Aloy in Horizon. Trying to lump all these third party games together as if their all the same is a very disingenuous argument.
also what genre and perspective variety does microsoft have?
gears, halo, and forza?

Bernd Lauert

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
also what genre and perspective variety does microsoft have?
gears, halo, and forza?
Nice meme but it doesn't really work anymore, unless you actively try to ignore a bunch of games that came out in the past couple of years. If you're gonna put stuff like Iron Man VR (lol?) in your Playstation list, you also have to include smaller XGS games.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

haha, what an absolutely gutter-level take,

Status
Not open for further replies.