For those that hate Sony, What made you feel the way you do about them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
You obviously are having a hard time following this whole conversation. No offense to you, but is English your first language @PropellerEar ? I kind of picked up on this in the other forms, as you have a very hard time understanding basic things, and I want to give you the benefit of the doubt.
Projecting again?

With that being out the way, I never said that the highest quality settings are the most important factor in a game, or when choosing a platform. I said that with my experience, I like to have the best of the best, which just so happens to include those higher graphical settings, better Ray tracing, better frame rates, better everything. But that's not my only reasoning, which you continue to fail to understand. To me, PC is the best place to play because it gets all of the games, there's unlimited customization, unlimited amount of peripherals, unlimited possibilities.
That's fine you enjoy what you enjoy...

Not to mention, if you want to be able to play all of Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo games, you can only do that on one single platform. Can you guess which one it is, and mine just so happens to run circles around your platform of choice
I play on all platforms (except Xbox currently), do you have problems with your understanding?
...also piracy isn't an option for me.

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
It's well known that game development has slowed down. This year is no exception.

I'm talking about AAA games, in general, not games specifically for this year. Things have been slow. That's a given fact. But we all know the AAA franchises that exist.

My point still stands. There are more AAA franchises than Sony's 1st party franchises.
I asked for the name of those great AAA games in general as well...

The other guy acting like it's absurd that people like PlayStation games but I have a PC and a PlayStation and to me it's pretty obvious that when it comes to single player AAA games very few studios can keep up with what Sony is doing.

D

Deleted member 51

Projecting again?

That's fine you enjoy what you enjoy...

I play on all platforms (except Xbox currently), do you have problems with your understanding?
...also piracy isn't an option for me.
This is your problem, you think you know what applies or doesn't apply to me. Who brought up piracy at all, but you? The same reason you don't have an Xbox is the same reason I don't have either consoles. I'll play all of old gen, last Gen, and next gen, without having to spend a penny. Interestingly enough, that kinda voids PC as being this super expensive platform, especially when people bought both initial release consoles, and then the pro versions of each consoles, and have now bought next gen consoles.

You can't change my opinion, and I can't change yours, but at least you admitted I was right about PC having superiority in hardware, as well as software. And by software, I mean games from across the board, plus Sony scraps. It's a win win. Thanks for participating though

D

Deleted member 13

I asked for the name of those great AAA games in general as well...
Why do we have to act ignorant? There are several great AAA games to play. If we are discussing of all-time, then it's quite obvious.

In the all-time chart on metacritic, the first 1st party exclusive for Sony is #29 - Uncharted 2.

The other guy acting like it's absurd that people like PlayStation games but I have a PC and a PlayStation and to me it's pretty obvious that when it comes to single player AAA games very few studios can keep up with what Sony is doing.
This is just a general opinion and shouldn't be taken as an objective fact. You can't strengthen your argument by trashing a game looking old or performing poorly. Bloodborne is a classic game despite it looking dated and having horrible frame-pacing issues.

• fire
Reactions: Deleted member 51

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
Why do we have to act ignorant? There are several great AAA games to play. If we are discussing of all-time, then it's quite obvious.

In the all-time chart on metacritic, the first 1st party exclusive for Sony is #29 - Uncharted 2.

This is just a general opinion and shouldn't be taken as an objective fact. You can't strengthen your argument by trashing a game looking old or performing poorly. Bloodborne is a classic game despite it looking dated and having horrible frame-pacing issues.
Again, why can't you just name the games instead of dancing around it, it's almost like you are ashamed of it. If they are so superior you should be going out of your way to name them.

Who gives a shit about metacritic, that's how you base your opinions? Last I head you didn't even play TLoU.

Did you even play Bloodborne? The game looks fine and what you call horrible frame-pacing issues, didn't get in the way of most people and if anything was the most technically sound From Software game up to that point.

edit: Hilarious that on your list the first PC game HL² comes at #24 (it's likely my favorite game of all time btw), that list is garbage, as if a difference of a few points on an aggregate of review meant anything. Imagine giving any creadit to a list that has Halo above Half-Life... :LOL:

That's why I hate these new "PC master race" zealots, seems like you don't even know what made PC great, it was never about ports of console games.

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
D

Deleted member 13

Again, why can't you just name the games instead of dancing around it, it's almost like you are ashamed of it.
Because I'm too lazy. I gave you a link to look at the games yourself. I don't understand what you are trying to entrap me of.

Who gives a shit about metacritic, that's how you base your opinions? Last I head you didn't even play TLoU.
Now you want to throw out what the general population considers a great game? Really?

Did you even play Bloodborne? The game looks fine.
Why does that matter? I've owned BB before when I had a PS4. Don't make this about me. I just gave you receipts of games that aren't Sony-based and the general population consider greatest of all time.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 51

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
Now you want to throw out what the general population considers a great game? Really?
Do you even understand where the Metacritic score comes from? General population? Stop embarrassing yourself and at least try to hide your ignorance.

Hilarious that you try to use an aggregate of reviews made by critics to put down Sony games when they have produced many of the most awarded games ever by these very same critics and publications.

Because I'm too lazy. I gave you a link to look at the games yourself. I don't understand what you are trying to entrap me of.
If only you were just as lazy when it came to post the same empty claims again and again. Put up or shut up, you are all about criticizing game you didn't play while talking up a bunch of games you are to "lazy" to name.

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
This is your problem, you think you know what applies or doesn't apply to me.
I've said you're free to like and think what you like, I'm not forcing anything on you.

Who brought up piracy at all, but you?
Im just saying(I work with SW), I won't pirate other peoples hard labor.

The same reason you don't have an Xbox is the same reason I don't have either consoles. I'll play all of old gen, last Gen, and next gen, without having to spend a penny.
Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF

You can't change my opinion, and I can't change yours, but at least you admitted I was right about PC having superiority in hardware, as well as software.
You were never right on anything, you just want to polish that hard on for spec...
HW can be better, Software hell no...
And by software, I mean games from across the board, plus Sony scraps. It's a win win. Thanks for participating though
Keep waiting, I'll keep gaming....

Participating?🤣
You were never even in the match to begin with.
The Matrix World GIF by HBO Max

• brain
Reactions: EDMIX
OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
I will tell you what i find amazing, is how this conversation is going back and forward and people are still being civil to each other.

I am disgusted at the level of Tolerance you guys are showing to each other.

Kisses Love GIF by Alissandra
Dat psp 3 announcement is imminent
PSP Triple in da house

• party
  • haha
Reactions: EDMIX and Sircaw
D

Deleted member 13

Do you even understand where the Metacritic score comes from? General population? Stop embarrassing yourself and at least try to hide your ignorance.

Hilarious that you try to use an aggregate of reviews made by critics to put down Sony games when they have produced many of the most awarded games ever by these very same critics and publications.

If only you were just as lazy when it came to post the same empty claims again and again. Put up or shut up, you are all about criticizing game you didn't play while talking up a bunch of games you are to "lazy" to name.
I don't give a shit about you thinking Sony has more 1st party great games than 3rd party great games. There simply are more 3rd party developers than Sony 1st party developers.

If you are going to rate a Sony game as great, it wouldn't hurt to back up your claim by the overall opinion of reviewers. That's where metacritic comes into play.

I'm too lazy because it should be quite obvious that there are more 3rd party developers than 1st party Sony developers. You want me to list developers that have made great AAA games : CDPR, Nintendo, Capcom, Ubisoft, Blizzard, iDSoftware, Quantic Dreams, Microsoft, Bungie, EpicGames, Rockstar, Valve, Treyarch, Infinity Ward, FROM software, Namco, 4A Games, Remedy Entertainment etc.. etc..

I can't believe I have to practically list all the other developers outside of Sony's world to prove to you that there are MORE developers that make AAA games than Sony alone. Are your glasses that tinted towards Sony?

• haha
Reactions: Rivet

Rivet

25 Jun 2022
First of all, HFW and Ragnarok aren't technically advanced - like at all. Secondly, they will both come out on the PC and will have better graphics settings than the PS consoles.

My point was that there are more 3rd party AAA games than 1st party exclusive Sony games on the market. Most of the sales for Sony are from AAA 3rd party developers.

No, but if you want 60FPS @ 4k, you won't be able to run that on the consoles. A high-end GPU is required.

You can't tell me the name of a single technically advanced AAA PC game released in 2022 (hint : there's none) and you tell me there are better looking games somewhere than HFW. You understand how idiotic that sounds?

Of course HFW and Ragnarok are the most advanced, or at least HFW is certainly the best looking game. No other AAA was released in 2022. And even if Ubi had released a game on PC it wouldn't have changed anything.

Last edited:

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022

I don't give a shit about you thinking Sony has more 1st party great games than 3rd party great games. There simply are more 3rd party developers than Sony 1st party developers.

If you are going to rate a Sony game as great, it wouldn't hurt to back up your claim by the overall opinion of reviewers. That's where metacritic comes into play.

I'm too lazy because it should be quite obvious that there are more 3rd party developers than 1st party Sony developers. You want me to list developers that have made great AAA games : CDPR, Nintendo, Capcom, Ubisoft, Blizzard, iDSoftware, Quantic Dreams, Microsoft, Bungie, EpicGames, Rockstar, Valve, Treyarch, Infinity Ward, FROM software, Namco, 4A Games, Remedy Entertainment etc.. etc..

I can't believe I have to practically list all the other developers outside of Sony's world to prove to you that there are MORE developers that make AAA games than Sony alone. Are your glasses that tinted towards Sony?
That list... :LOL: Nintendo is third party now? Did Quantic Dream made anything without Sony in the last 15 years? Are ere buying those expensive cards to play Fortnite? Lets not even mention the fact that Bungie is part of Sony now (a dev I never cared about btw). Listing CoD studios as well, rough, I didn't realize the state of third party studios was that bad. CDPR? Come on now, they made the only game I ever asked for a refund given how bad of a game it was. :ROFLMAO:

The irony is that if you combine the output from all those third parties devs since 2020, I would take what Sony has produced over them easily, most were hardly able to put out any games.

edit: Didn't even realize you listed Ubisoft as a reference for quality, you and I have a very different idea of what quality is.

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
TIL

60 fps > 144fps?

Even though there are perceivable differences, these differences don't matter?

Anything over 60fps is a waste?

People admit the graphical gap between ps4 and ps5, is minimal, but don't understand why PC gamers pay to have the graphics and performance gap between PC and ps5? I'm assuming ps5 was a freebie over ps4?

Only Sony is capable of creating AAA games, and 3rd party games are AA or less.

Ps5 >>> 3090 Ti, because 60 fps @ checkerboard rendering is better than 144hz @ native 4K, as power is being wasted.

Having no options >> having options

"Fanboy logic" >>> wisdom, experience and having actual logic
Why are you so incapable of understanding that these differences are negligible to the vast majority of console players and that we are fine playing with console settings? We have no desire to pay for the asking price to have all that.
And this includes Xbox and Switch people.
Get this on your head: We are fine with what is offered to us and we don't crave ultra settings and ultra high fps. It's simply not worth the ROI.
Accept this and move on.

Reactions: Rivet

Rivet

25 Jun 2022

CDPR releases one game every 10 years and so does Rockstar. Those are the only ones who still release technically advanced AAA games outside of Sony. But it's really really rare they release anything

2k / ea / Ubi are focused on GaaS and microtransactions... Capcom does remasters / remakes (so does Sony by the way unfortunately).

There are very few non Sony good looking AAA games released these days. Otherwise we wouldn't have got exactly zero of them in 2022.

Last edited:

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
Why are you so incapable of understanding that these differences are negligible to the vast majority of console players and that we are fine playing with console settings? We have no desire to pay for the asking price to have all that.
Get this on your head: We are fine with what is offered to us and we don't crave ultra settings and ultra high fps. It's simply not worth the ROI.
Accept this and move on.
It's funny that he understand why people don't play in 8K on PC, have RT on or all maxed out settings and how not everyone upgrades to the most powerful newest GPU, yet have a really hard time understanding that the PS5 is more than fine to most people. The best looking games he'll be running on his RTX 3090 were all made for current gen consoles anyway, all he gets are slightly improvements (assuming it ain't a bad port).

D

Deleted member 51

Accept this and move on.
Get this over your head. I never said YOU have to be able to notice or want these things. I've never implied you console players need to step it up or anything. I've simply stated I not only notice these things, but I prefer having completely full control over everything from my hardware to software. Again, you don't have to like this at all.

But you have no say in whether PC has no ROI. It might not to YOU, but there's are several people who's livelihoods depend on PC's. Look at all of the employees at Sony for instance, you think any consoles would be in existence, without PC's? You think they could create the games or engines without a PC? Do you know these very forums we post in were not created or monitored on consoles, right? And this again isn't to say consoles are bad or you guys need to make the jump, but I'm simply telling you that you can't speak for everyone else or gatekeep.

Not to mention you can be a budget PC gamer, who only cares about indies or playing recent games at lowered settings. You don't have to be an ENTHUSIAST to enjoy PC, so I'm unsure why you think it only has to be pricey high end hardware. There's plenty in between budget and enthusiasts, but they all have access to all of these next gen games.

Status
Not open for further replies.