For those that hate Sony, What made you feel the way you do about them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Quick, someone get bodycount to share tweets from game enthusiasts with 10 followers so we can act like that shit matters.

I’m happy to have never participated with Twitter aside from scoping out a few thots. Not anymore tho… wife checks mobile history :/
you just don't understand or 'get' the switch lifestyle. Western gaming is irrelevant to switch fans, and so are graphics. the types of games we play are completely different.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
you just don't understand or 'get' the switch lifestyle. Western gaming is irrelevant to switch fans, and so are graphics. the types of games we play are completely different.

I’m already well aware of the prejudice Nintendo fans have towards games not from Nintendo. That’s why every 3rd party release is dead on arrival and instead you get ports of decades old Red Faction.

4 Aug 2022
That’s what you’re doing. You can keep pretending some overpriced, underpowered HANDHELD is next gen when it cannot run modern games. So, you can carry about being as is… wrong

Again, your conflating what the term next gen even means. You are burying your head in the sand and shoving your fingers in your ears.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Exactly. We are 5 pages in now and the actual Xbox fans admit they like PlayStation. Add me to the list. I've bought every single PlayStation, at launch, since PS1. I like many of their games. I completely dislike many of their obnoxious fans.

For a group of people who claim the PlayStation is the best platform ever, they spend a tremendous amount time attacking Xbox, MS, Game Pass, and fans of anything related to Xbox. Look at the posts in this thread. How many Xbox fans attacked Sony or the PlayStation? Even a thread supposedly about Xbox fans attacking PlayStation has Sony fans trash talking Xbox. It's a sight to behold.

Most Xbox fans admit PlayStation has good games if you like the genre. I have not seen many PlayStation fans acknowledge the opposite. Oh well I'm glad to see MS really invested in their platform and look forward to seeing what they come up with going forward. The market is best with plenty of competition.

All of this is absolutely spot on.

Unfortunately this is being posted in the middle of a shark pit so it's already getting the expected replies and emojis 🤷‍♂️

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
No, I use the appropriate conditions of what actually is considered next gen. Nintendo hardware hasn’t been next gen since the GameCube. There’s nothing to debate here. It’s a handheld with technical standards on par with games from a decade ago. It’s literally just a repackaged Wii U.

4 Aug 2022
No, I use the appropriate conditions of what actually is considered next gen. Nintendo hardware hasn’t been next gen since the GameCube. There’s nothing to debate here.
Oh so you're the gate keeper of what next gen specs are? Sorry I didn't know you were so important.

The term is literally next generation. The next generation is defined by whatever comes next. Hence the term...next generation.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Yea I’m fully aware of the mental gymnastics Nintendo fanboys use to justify lies about their handhelds being next gen.

Maybe they’ll finally have a working online infrastructure. Because they’re about 20 years behind on that too.

LED

Twitter Legend
26 Jun 2022
Jim Ryan is doing a lot of anti-consumer trash since he got promoted to CEO of PlayStation, $70, PR disasters whenever a new Sony game releases, now he’s gonna usher in the 12 live-service games to be released by March 2026.

Y’all better get ready for a huge disappointment of a September showcase, if you’re expecting a Single-player games blowout, you’re sadly mistaken, you’ll get:

- Spider Man 2 3 minute “gameplay trailer” like how they marketed GOWR with that trash trailer.
- Something new from Bluepoint.
- A new single-player IP from one of their studios.
- 3 or 4 new live-service garbage.
- A couple of PSVR 2 games.
- Some 3rd-parties with exclusivities.

It’s gonna be embarrassing.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster
4 Aug 2022
Yea I’m fully aware of the mental gymnastics Nintendo fanboys use to justify lies about their handhelds being next gen.
Lol. Nobody is using mental gynamstics except you. You can not like their strategy and success. But to remove them from groups because you are manipulating words is a next level of mental gymnastics.

Its the same argument people love to use when Xbox went PC. No longer were they Xbox exclusives but people used the term Microsoft exclusive.

Just state how you feel without the theatrics and maybe people would take your seriously.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Believe it or not, I'm not biased to any kind of developer that makes a game. Every year, for me, it's open season. I have no idea what will dazzle me and what won't. But that's me personally.
But you are, coming and asking that PlayStation fans declare Elden Ring goty before other games will be released (since you love third party titles so much, why is it that the only other options you mention are ltou and gowr?).

Just to be clear, I don't care that you like or don't the Sony games. But you seem to think that there seems to be a problem with people who like them, and you keep questioning their quality at all levels.
Most of the Sony exclusives have similar graphical tech than any other game. Pre-baked everything with PBR materials. When I make the 'what should be considered next-gen' thread, you'll see this.
This is true, a given technique can be implemented for the first time only once.

I think that this is the care and quality of the craft on display that impresses the most.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Lol. Nobody is using mental gynamstics except you. You can not like their strategy and success. But to remove them from groups because you are manipulating words is a next level of mental gymnastics.

Its the same argument people love to use when Xbox went PC. No longer were they Xbox exclusives but people used the term Microsoft exclusive.

Just state how you feel without the theatrics and maybe people would take your seriously.

Yea that Xbox point you’re trying to make is a bunch of nonsense. Try again.

Nintendo doesn’t make next gen hardware or consoles. They make handhelds.

4 Aug 2022
Yea that Xbox point you’re trying to make is a bunch of nonsense. Try again.

Nintendo doesn’t make next gen hardware or consoles. They make handhelds.

Ok lets start over.

Since when does the term next gen have to encompass certain specs? Who makes these cut offs? What are the cut offs?

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
It’s about next gen gameplay guys! Watch me shake this controller!

Nintendo hasn’t made a next gen gaming machine since GameCube and switch is a handheld with mobile tech. It’s on par with Wii U.

Sub-standard across the board. Has nothing to do about the quality of their software or sales. The tech itself is trash

There’s a reason they QUIT the console market. They cannot compete

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Meanwhile you would consider anything next gen in some vague, broad parameter simply because it’s their next machine. Pfft.

It’s better to have some standards than none at all. Can barely run HD, online infrastructure that’s outclasssed by the first variation of Xbox Live and Dreamcast.

It’s a handheld. And has the shit tech of one

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
They don't get enough praise from Sony fans. That's my point.

How many of you will admit that Elden Ring is going to be a better game than GoW: Rag or TLOU Remake and deserves GOTY?
Well I can only talk about TLOU as being fan of both franchises.
TLOU is a better game than Elden Ring.

Now about GoW Ragnarok it needs to release first, no? That is the issue with claims already putting Elden Ring as the definitive GOTY.
BTW my GOTY 2022 is right now Gran Turismo 7 but it can change with late releases.

Last edited:

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
I’m already well aware of the prejudice Nintendo fans have towards games not from Nintendo. That’s why every 3rd party release is dead on arrival and instead you get ports of decades old Red Faction.
?

Almost everything i play on it is 3rd party. JRPGs, shoot em ups, visual novels, a lot of Atlus, square-enix, koei-tecmo, NIS, Spike-chunsoft, falcom, capcom, and namco-bandai stuff. Pretty much every Japanese 3rd party is giving switch their all.

It gets pretty much everything I want. Now with Persona coming over, the only other 3rd party games left i'd like it to have on Switch are the higher fidelity Resident Evil games and FF games, but there's no point in begging because those games can't run on it, and what I get exclusively on it vastly outweighs the few games I can't get on it. Maybe Yakuza would be nice too.

Really can't complain with Shin Megami Tensei V and Persona 5 together on one system. Embarrassment of riches, really.

you're stuck in this regional western pissing contest between Xbox and PlayStation and which has higher fidelity games, better online MP, and more cinematic games.

meanwhile I don't even own a TV.

risitas-yes.gif

• haha
Reactions: Vertigo
Status
Not open for further replies.