Fully playable Wolverine PC build circulating 😬😥😥 PhD plus DMCA notices to ppl who downloaded.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
What a disaster. I think there is a high probability that the Game will be canceled.
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Why would insomniac wasted all that time and effort..and then ended up aborting the game

Only because a potato version of wolverine are hanging around on pc platform

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
How is that stupid? Every 3rd party developer does the exact same thing. They work on the games concurrently.
Most third parties release their games day one on pc and not years later . Its different if you are going to release both versions at the same time.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
The thing is, nowadays some PC games are starting to require SSD, so in the short term ports of PS5 only games will be able to do it without leaving a too big PC userbase behind.
Requiring a SSD doesn’t change that developers still have to take into account PC hardware with HDD and weaker specs overall.

Including part of the PC specific stuff in their engine it's only to highly reduce the time needed in future ports that very likely they will make. Stuff like widescreen or DLSS support, extra controls support, steam achievements, etc. it only means to copy paste a few things from the first ports of games using that engine to the engine itself, so in future ports won't need to do it. That code won't be used in PS5 builds/exclusive games, they don't care if it's there.

Why would I care about any of this? I only care about the best possible game on PS5. PC engines and fancy features do not matter to me and don’t benefit PS5 owners.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Free money. WTF? Are you 5? Stop writing moronic comments.
The ports did cost them around a couple millions each and are generating them hundreds of millions of revenue per year, with a YoY of around 50%. While their console business and 1st party PS sales continue growing. Pretty likely even the Sackboy port is going to be profitable.

So yes, it's free money.

Why would I care about any of this? I only care about the best possible game on PS5. PC engines and fancy features do not matter to me and don’t benefit PS5 owners.
Unused game agnostic code doesn't affect the game. Meaning, unused code that is there to later maybe be used in a potential port don't affect the PS5 version.

If something, may help to get a better version to debug the game in their pc or to require less specfic hardware to test it (like less specific GPU or controller models), decreasing the development costs.

Requiring a SSD doesn’t change that developers still have to take into account PC hardware with HDD and weaker specs overall.
Gamedevs make the game for PS5 thinking only in PS5. Later someone else, a porting team, will figure out how to port it if required and if possible.

Last edited:

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
And to think, this is the community Sony believes will bring in "free money" and profit growth.

Yeah, they'll bring "free" something...as in that Sony content for free...illegally. Massive fail the PC initiative has turned out to be; look at how these people blatantly disrespect their own work.

Do you even remember how weak the average PC was back in the day to even somewhat run those PS1 or PS2 games? How ubiquitous do you think those pirated copies got around? What, you think fiber and cable internet were the standard in 1997? 2002? You think millions of people were using forums to get games illegally?

You're just applying modern-day tech and internet culture to a period where NONE of the things we take for granted now, even stuff like CD or DVD burners, were common even among pirates. And only in certain countries where the laws were extremely lax, was piracy particularly big. But those countries in and of themselves weren't major markets at the time, not by a long shot.

It's funny how people like you will try saying piracy killed the Dreamcast, yet in the same breath say piracy was severely rampant with PS1, PS2 or PS3 and yet those console not only survived yet thrived. By your logic, PlayStation should've died decades ago if the piracy were as bad as you try implying.

Also funny to act like the piracy involved with this game, isn't with a group directly benefiting from an illegal ransomware attack that stole private employee data for blackmail purposes.
Piracy in general was huge on PS1-2, sure the PC boots came later but piracy was a big deal on PS first 3 consoles.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Horizon Forbidden West was just announced for PC a few months ago. The window now is less than 2 years for their biggest single player games and day 1 for GaaS. Two years from now God of War Ragnarok, Spider-man 2, FFVII Rebirth, FFXVI will all have already been released on PC. What will PS5 even have as actual exclusives(even just temporary) at that point?

One thing people don't seem to take in consideration is that what we have had so far were ports of games that were not initially made thinking about a future PC port and what we have now as we could see from the leak are game developed as PC games from the start, making it a lot more tempting for Sony in terms of short term profit to just release it on PC closer to the PS5 release.

And this is why recent PS5 games have so many bugs. There is no exclusive development being done on the hardware. Too many moving and changing parts first party developers have to worry about now instead of just one specification.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Tom Warren got banned from Era. LMAO
Tbh im kinda sick of hearing this scum post

Hopefully he fell into a meat grinder and become pig food

In such ways at least he can contribute for something usefull and we wont be hearing about his nonsensical post anymore

Last edited:

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
And this is why recent PS5 games have so many bugs. There is no exclusive development being done on the hardware. Too many moving and changing parts first party developers have to worry about now instead of just one specification.
What recent PS game had a lot of bugs? Famously the PC ports have had bugs, the worst offender being Last of Us (outsourced to Iron Galaxy, gradually fixed in house).

Reactions: Gamernyc78

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Probably the worst leak for a Triple A studio ever.
The closest I can think of is the Doom3 alpha leak which was a long ass time ago:

But they didn't get a bunch of business material leaked as far as I remember.

In either case, I don't think these game-related leaks do any damage at all to the success of the game. It's evidence there's a big appetite for the game. The business stuff might be more damning, since they obviously try to keep this shit secret. But MS just suffered a much bigger leak of business material. In the end, Sony is in better shape both competitively, and in what secrets were revealed.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
it all adds up because you're both conspiracy nuts selecting evidence you think boosts your case.

Jim Ryan's predecessor Shawn Layden told ArsTechnica that HE was one of "a number of people" interested in putting Sony games on PC prior to 10/2019. He told the interviewer "there's no losing in this transaction".

There isn't an Xbox mole in Playstation trying to sabotage the brand by supporting PC. A NUMBER OF PLAYSTATION EXECS want to sell their games on PC because it is free money with no downside.

That’s because you’re gullible. What do you want him to say? That our highly valuable first party games has the possibility to devalue our console business but we want to try and get a few extra pennies on PC?

And I don’t believe for second about “we all wanted to do it.” That’s just an excuse to shield the backlash from a such drastic change to the way PlayStation has always operated with their first party games.

Just like when Cory Barlog was talking about the God Of War PC port that all the first party developers wanted their games on PC so it just made sense. Yeah ok. Even David Jaffe immediately called that out as complete bullshit. The developers have no say on where the games are made. It’s a Sony decision.

That was another excuse like Shawn Layden’s to shield any backlash. “Well the developers wanted it so ok it’s fine.”

Oh please.

Reactions: Diah and Umar

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
That’s because you’re gullible. What do you want him to say? That our highly valuable first party games has the possibility to devalue our console business but we want to try and get a few extra pennies on PC?

And I don’t believe for second about “we all wanted to do it.” That’s just an excuse to shield the backlash from a such drastic change to the way PlayStation has always operated with their first party games.

Just like when Cory Barlog was talking about the God Of War PC port that all the first party developers wanted their games on PC so it just made sense. Yeah ok. Even David Jaffe immediately called that out as complete bullshit. The developers have no say on where the games are made. It’s a Sony decision.

That was another excuse like Shawn Layden’s to shield any backlash. “Well the developers wanted it so ok it’s fine.”

Oh please.
how much do you want to bet there's a PC build of whatever Cory Barlog is currently working on?