GameDiscoverCo estimates have anywhere between 65% and 75% of Helldivers 2's LTD players on Steam |UP| 2/24/24 Overall, over 60% PC split.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I'm sorry, you were saying?

Page 24/55

I have reported your post since you didn't do any due diligence and instead decided to cast doubt on people, kinda implying the information is fabricated.
Thanks for finding this, this is a source! I don't see how you can say I didn't do any due diligence when the due diligence is literally documented in the post itself and i've asked the poster for the source previously. but hey, do you!

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Just to add to the previous post.

One of the lies that will be worked during the next couple of years will be this concept that “console generation reset” is a big problem for the console model and that it’s outdated yada yada.

But fact is they have already solved the problem this gen. Cross gen is the answer. It’s no different from how PC does it, the only difference is that PC does it in a more complicated way because there are so many configs and tiers.

One last point, additional “150 million active users” is a bunch of bullshit, because it assumes that those users can all access your game when that’s just a big lie about Steam unless your minimum requirements are a potato laptop where kids play football manager or whatever.

The amount of players Sony will actually be able to target with a port is way way smaller.
There is also no reset in terms of people significantly changing platforms, the more digital games you have in one platform the less likely you are to abandon it.

Xbox being the only exception since they pressure you to not own any game by relying entirely on Gamepass.

There is no reason for a generation change to not be completely smooth for Sony at this point.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Thanks for finding this, this is a source! I don't see how you can say I didn't do any due diligence when the due diligence is in the post itself and i've asked the poster for the source previously. but hey, do you!
No, you did not do any due diligence. Instead of casting doubt on the poster and on me indirectly, you could have gone to FTCs website and find the file. It took me 10 minutes if that to find it.

BloodMod

Fear the Old Blood
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Please argue in good faith, people.
Avoid speaking in absolute terms for lack of evidence unless you are absolutely sure.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: flaccidsnake

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I didn't even know my name was being brought up in this thread by the renowned PC warrior flaccid. Thanks Satoru for finding the official source because I got the original photo from the other era during the file leak.

Sony clearly knows that PC is a competitor but are choosing to port their games over for short term profits since their margins are in the gutter.

I think new IP's built from the ground up for PC/PS5 by second parties like Helldivers are a fine middle ground, as they don't devalue the importance of exclusives. Instead of wasting first party resources on porting PS5 exclusives.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Starting to really dislike frequently talking about platforms as if games arent just games. Why should i care about PS5 PC split? Especially when we dont have official numbers?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: flaccidsnake

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Thanks Satoru for finding the official source because I got the original photo from the other era during the file leak.
You have now entered a fate worse than death; you owe @Satoru a favour.

grim reaper death GIF

• haha
Reactions: nongkris

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Microsoft announces Game Pass.

"This is the future. Sony is doing things the old fashion way."

"It's not about game sales, it's about engagement."

Microsoft hardware sales decline.

"We're moving away from consoles. They won't be around in 10-15 years."

Microsoft will slowly put their games on PlayStation and Nintendo platforms.

"Exclusives are going to be a thing of the past."

Many "journalists" seem to believe Microsoft can't lose and that they're somehow leading the industry forward when in reality they're failing at nearly every single turn.
You have to remember that these journalists have part of their paycheck that Microsoft is responsible for. Either indirectly due to Microsoft advertising with the parent company, or direct sponsorship via access/sampling their products early/for free.

24 Jun 2022
There's a real need for some to make this game's success about Steam over PS5. It's probably due to hope that Sony will make more games Day 1 on PC, but it just takes attention away from the game itself.

That's exactly the reason, and it's transparent to the point of hilarity.

We also should factor, that a good chunk of the Steam sales are likely PS5/PC owners who chose the PC version due to factors like better performance potential (with high-power GPUs & CPUs for crazy frame rates) and free online play.

Safe to say at least 30% of the Steam sales are from that and WOM mainly being generated by PC/Steam (due to transparent CCU and player metrics data, most influencers/streamers being primarily PC as well).

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
PC is big in Europe so even if Steam would would be higher, it's still impressive for a PS5 exclusive 🤷‍♂️

Still, I know all these people have an ulterior motive. Pressurize Sony for Day 1 on PC.
Yeah I get it. Even if PC was more I wouldn't care as I know the sales are still great on PS5 but I'm going by what the devs initially stated about the split being almost equal.

Some ppl I know are trying to downplay it's success on PS5 like PC is what's making the game a success and thts just not true. This Game is thriving on Both platforms .

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Considering this was available to only half the userbase of playstation. I reckon the split would have been hugely in favour of playstation if those ps4 users had access.

The ps4 userbase right now are casuals, you can see it in the charts it's people who buy fifa and cod in europe. Those users are being enticed by helldivers and could have contributed to the sales aswell.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
PC is big in Europe so even if Steam would would be higher, it's still impressive for a PS5 exclusive 🤷‍♂️

Still, I know all these people have an ulterior motive. Pressurize Sony for Day 1 on PC.
Pretty interesting though isn't it how chris suddenly now wants to give out software splits between platforms.

The little toerag stopped giving playstation and xbox splits for games months ago.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters