Gaming commentator @JapanHatesXbox sheds light on Xbox’s parity clause with Sega

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Well yeah i'm sure they can do it, i mean alot of us on here have been shouting for ages for sony to buy big publishers.

Personally i would love to see sony take ATLUS from sega, and leave sega to rot.
Hey man, SEGA is my childhood. If we gonna save the weeb stuff we gotta save Sonic too, ya hear :) lol

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
No I’m not talking about 10+ years ago, I’m talking about last gen. Before Jim/Hermen came into the picture. PS5 is outpacing PS4, Xbox Series consoles are selling worse than XB1, and GamePass has ruined Xbox game sales almost entirely. But for some reason, Xbox is able to curry a lot more favor with 3rd party partners this time around….. It has nothing to do with “the times changing” or anything like that, and has everything to do with Sonys current leadership being incompetent failures!
I don't consider having to beg and throw money around just to get crumbs to be much of a reward for "currying favor" compared to what PlayStation gets from these devs. If anything, it's a sign of how bad things are for Xbox.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS
OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Nah, still on the fence on that. Got Infinite Wealth. Shops here aren't exactly up to date on releases.

Wonder how FF 7 remake will go...
You have to get Gaiden, that one’s a must play before Infinite Wealth. You miss out on huge context by skipping it, it’s also one of the best games in the series, if not the best.

Reactions: Johnic

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
You have to get Gaiden, that one’s a must play before Infinite Wealth. You miss out on huge context by skipping it, it’s also one of the best games in the series, if not the best.
Just checked, it's on sale now. Digital though. Might go for that and then get a physical later because it'll probably take a while to get here.

I still have like 5 games still sealed, waiting to be played. Spent several hundred on games just this month alone and not much time to play. And they keep piling on.

Mobile Suit Gooch

21 Jun 2022
Hey guys,

Yep, it's all true. I'm doing my best to follow up on the story and have some promising leads. A few game journalists and developers I won't name have been sharing info with me as well.

My hope is that I can cause enough of a stink to get this deal torn up. There is no reason why games like Unicorn Overlord, which has such a limited reach as is, has received an xbox port. It's literally insane.

If games like Monster Hunter Stories and Gundam Breaker can't find an audience on xbox, how the HELL has xbox managed ports from Vanillaware and atlus?

It just doesn't add up. Something somewhere stinks to high heaven -- And it all points directly to a deal of this nature.
Virtually no one bought persona 3 reload on Xbox.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
that's nice compared to what Sony does to Xbox by blocking the game from being on Xbox entirely

found-this-filthy-cheater-on-balmung-wearing-3-bracelets-v0-oezxvmp3yofa1.png
Dis you?
Screenshot_20240221_171221_Discord.jpg

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I mean, if they are getting the money I don't think it matters, it's business as usual.
Yeap../ that is why I don’t understand the discussion.

If it was good or bad doesn’t matter… Sega accepted the deal.
If you want to blame somebody is Sega not Microsoft.

It is like weird Xbots blaming Sony for FFVII being exclusive 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
that's nice compared to what Sony does to Xbox by blocking the game from being on Xbox entirely

found-this-filthy-cheater-on-balmung-wearing-3-bracelets-v0-oezxvmp3yofa1.png
The irony of Xbox complaining they FF isn't being released on Xbox when they would not buy or play Final Fantasy in the first place.

Anyone that cared about FF would have a PlayStation or the very least a PC at this point.

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Just checked, it's on sale now. Digital though. Might go for that and then get a physical later because it'll probably take a while to get here.

I still have like 5 games still sealed, waiting to be played. Spent several hundred on games just this month alone and not much time to play. And they keep piling on.
For what it’s worth, it only took 2 days for my order to ship from PlayAsia to California.

And I feel you, I still have Prince of Persia Lost Crown and Granblue that I bought day 1 and still haven’t gotten to 😂 Because I’ve been playing Infinite Wealth non stop, I’m over 60 hours in and still not close to beating it. I’m gonna play all weekend, hopefully I can complete it before FF7 Rebirth drops.

• Shake
Reactions: Johnic

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Just an FYI, when MLB went multi-plat, Sony secured multiple multi-year deals with MLB for things outside of gaming. Hawk-eye innovations, Sony camera tech used in all MLB stadiums, deeper Statcast integration with more accurate data and metrics. Also Hawkeye is the company that manages the S.M.A.R.T. Video replay which has been in use since 2014 season.

While MLB the show is always discussed as “MLB pressuring Sony, Sony bent the knee blah blah blah”, Sony provides CORE features to MLB that are vital to their business, they didn’t get shafted on the game going multi-plat deal, IMO, they positioned themselves to be even more vital to MLB outside of video games.
Agreed and to add, i feel like MLB themself had pressure to bring the games to as many platforms as possible. Sony got lucky with the ip being exclusive for over a decade.
The alternative was most likely go multi-plat with the ip or we find someone else to do it.

Kx11

Banned
7 Jan 2024
Katar
flickr.com
The irony of Xbox complaining they FF isn't being released on Xbox when they would not buy or play Final Fantasy in the first place.

Anyone that cared about FF would have a PlayStation or the very least a PC at this point.

it's Fax, be real and stop the fanboyism

rnxVkeD0cy7SkWgcwoacCNbyfDhL93uDDPdUI3qof3O9d2KC_DEldcaGNBij6cRUEWc