Ghost of Tsushima PC Directors Cut confirmed up on Steam, releases May 16. Rumor: Part 2 to be announced around May/June at a PS Showcase

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Just hope the open world is better than the first one.
Else I’ll beeline the main story.
OH nah we had two different experiences. One of the best open worlds I've played and I did all side missions. Loved it so much I platted it.

Reactions: JAHGamer
24 Jun 2022
That's a lot of text to say you don't want to share your toys.

Well, Valve doesn't want to share their toys and no one has a problem with that. Nintendo doesn't want to share their toys and no one has a problem with that. People were BEGGING Microsoft to make COD and ABK games exclusive so they didn't share their toys, those people had no problem with that.

Yet they're among the exact same ones demanding Sony must share their toys. You already know why and it's not because of "pro-consumer" sentiment. It's subterfuge.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
It is happening, Steam page up:
https://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/2215430/
  • Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut (includes Legends and Ikki Island DLC)
  • Releases May 16th
  • Port by Nixxes
  • Ultrawide support
  • DLSS3, FSR3, XeSS support
  • Nvidia Reflect low latency and DLAA support
  • Dual Sense support with haptic feedback and adaptative triggers
  • Unlocked framerate
  • Extra visual/graphic settings
  • Keyboard and mouse support
  • Wishlist and pre-purchase available
  • There are pre-purchase bonuses

Official tweet + blog post:

BB-Kun pretty much has perfect accuracy and usually only leaks fairly "imminent" stuff right? Almost confirmed at this point.
Some other people spotted the Steam page of the game a few minutes before he and Wario64 tweeted it.

Last edited:

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Great to see it! I'll buy at $30. I'm most excited about the first bullet point here:

• Experience Ghost of Tsushima with unlocked framerates and a variety of graphics options tailored to a wide range of hardware, ranging from high-end PCs to portable PC gaming devices.*
  • Get a view of even more of the action with support for Ultrawide (21:9), Super Ultrawide (32:9) and even 48:9 Triple Monitor support.*
  • Boost performance with upscaling and frame generation technologies like NVIDIA DLSS 3, AMD FSR 3 and Intel XeSS. NVIDIA Reflex and image quality-enhancing NVIDIA DLAA are also supported.**
  • Japanese lip sync – enjoy a more authentic experience with lip sync for Japanese voiceover, made possible by cinematics being rendered in real time by your PC.
  • Choose how you control the action: experience haptic feedback and adaptive triggers through a wired DualSense™ controller…***
  • …or go with mouse and keyboard, with fully customizable controls.
  • Haptic feedback – master your blade through the DualSense™ controller’s immersive haptic feedback.***
  • Adaptive triggers – enhance your accuracy with a bow using adaptive trigger resistance.***

• Shake
Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
So Nixxes can port HFW and GoT to PC simultaneously, but no one at Sony can port Astro to PSVR2? 😐 PlayStation is a joke
This is very true. They do some dumb ass shit and not having Astrobot at release or shortly after was the dumbest non idea. IDC how much money some of these execs make, many are clueless.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer
24 Jun 2022
he was right

Still think the reveal for GoT 2 should've came first or at least closer to the port announcement, even if it meant the port getting a release a few months later. That would've been the optimal way to it.

But it does seem this person is 100% about their stuff, similar to that person who did the Discord leak for Xbox future plans. I'd trust these people magnitudes more than the drama queens like Nick or whoever because they aren't doing this to clout chase or make money, given very low or non-existent follower counts as an example.

Guess this also confirms a May or June Showcase, but Sony need to make sure they it's a damn good showing. If a pattern is being set for ports to PC they don't want would-be console owners to think they can just wait a year or two for a better PC port (not to mention, that also removes a lot of need to them for a PS5 Pro), and they don't want to make the window so short that PC players with a console feel no need to buy the game on console Day 1.

That's why the 1-2 year window will always remain suspect and a growing negative for future software releases unless the window is increased.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
So Nixxes can port HFW and GoT to PC simultaneously, but no one at Sony can port Astro to PSVR2? 😐 PlayStation is a joke

Considering the timelines here, at some point Nixxes were finishing up on Ratchet Rift Apart while also beginning work on HFW and GoT.

It also makes sense why GoT came out 4 years after the initial release and 3 years after the Expansion while newer projects released on PC before GoT.
It looks like the earlier reports that Suckerpunch were working on in-house porting were either false or things didn't work out.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters