Salalah, Oman
I don't care what you say "CATS STILL SUCK"
Animated GIF

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
@Papacheeks

Check out Shogun by James Clavell. It's what the recent series is based on. Not historically accurate but a very good read. Much better than the show.

Also Taiko by Eiji Yoshikawa. I found Taiko better than Musashi. It's, again, not historically accurate but is based on the unification of Japan.

You didn't care for new FX SHOGUN?

I Loved it. I loved it was more about the politics, and unspoken word of honor even when one has been betrayed by a life long friend.

Reactions: ToTTenTranz

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven

I Loved it. I loved it was more about the politics, and unspoken word of honor even when one has been betrayed by a life long friend.
Oh it was great. But they rushed certain parts up. It's not over the top and is believable, though. One of the best shows in recent times.

We're also getting a Season 2 that will go beyond the novel. Wonder what they do with it.

• party
Reactions: Papacheeks

Hatefield

I am the law
18 Jun 2024
Sucker Punch mentioned in the PS blog that vengeance will be theme of the story. I am down a Kill Bill style story for this.
It can only be a revenge plot. Her family was killed and the person fled to Yotei. And she will kill everyone to get to her family's killer.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

I watched the original back in the day with Richard Chamberlin in it. Are they still boiling people in the pots in the remake?

Reactions: Entropi

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
The most insignificant nit picking complaint ever.
But he is right the game will be compared as a PS5 only title to Tsushima, Sucker Punch has to show significant improvements over a PS4 game.

Hiring that activist actor will also do them no favors, People will go over the trailers frame by frame like they did with AC shadows. I hope they put a gag order on the VA so she doesnt piss of people otherwise Sucker Punch is in for a hard time because there will be videos nitpicking animation clipping to dunk on the game like in that tweet.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
But he is right the game will be compared as a PS5 only title to Tsushima, Sucker Punch has to show significant improvements over a PS4 game.

Hiring that activist actor will also do them no favors, People will go over the trailers frame by frame like they did with AC shadows. I hope they put a gag order on the VA so she doesnt piss of people otherwise Sucker Punch is in for a hard time because there will be videos nitpicking animation clipping to dunk on the game like in that tweet.
Do you know how old the build was? Because I dunno what sense it makes be nitpicking an unfinished game at this stage.

I dunno why we can't allow final products of games to come out before casting these kinda judgements

I assume you said the same thing when the The Last of Us 2 footage was first shown , when animations was missing with such things as no impact on the snow from character movements and animation clippings

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Is he right?

Well if he believes these developers doesn't have these little bugs in their games...
All games have it.

Now about looking next-gen... yes it looks next-gen... PS4 can't do what they showed in SoP.

To be fair his comments looks like very bitter for whatever reason.
The vegetation and draw distance is so much better than the first game.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Do you know how old the build was? Because I dunno what sense it makes be nitpicking an unfinished game at this stage.

I dunno why we can't allow final products of games to come out before casting these kinda judgements

I assume you said the same thing when the The Last of Us 2 footage was first shown , when animations was missing with such things as no impact on the snow from character movements and animation clippings
Bro all I am stating is the game will be nitpicked on the internet, I dont care if the animations clip one way or another because I am not picking up the game anyways. The DF analysis of the trailer will highlight the low quality textures so we will see more tweets like the one that was posted.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Is he right?

Clipping happens in every video game and in my opinion can be a very nitpicky thing to point out especially in this instance where the chain is swining in motion and most people won't notice it is occurring in game because the game isn't moving in slow motion. This person also comes across as spiteful over the game for some reason. He said the trailer told us nothing about the story well the first reveal for Ghost of Tsushima also told us nothing about its story either.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters