Ghost of Yotei Announced | State of Play | 2025

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
By the way. The story takes place in Hokkaido. This was the equivalent of the boonies in that era, as imperial power was mostly concentrated in the southern and central area of Japan. I suspect they are going to make the woman an Ainu (the indigenous natives of Japan). There's a lot of cultural complexity around the Ainu as they weren't treated well by the Japanese. So all this stuff about whether she's samurai or not... Really doesn't matter. It reeks of projecting. People just want something to be mad about.

If you like the first ghost game there is very likely 0 to be concerned about in this game. They already did "woke" and "progressive" subjects in the first game very tastefully. For example the story of Jin's elderly servant's dementia, as well as several LGBT side characters.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
The vistas are already looking insane due to greater draw distance with the PS5 hardware. I think graphically, Sucker Punch is dialing in on making the environment even more eye popping because that was Ghost of Tsushima greatest strenght in the graphic department.

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
By the way. The story takes place in Hokkaido. This was the equivalent of the boonies in that era, as imperial power was mostly concentrated in the southern and central area of Japan. I suspect they are going to make the woman an Ainu (the indigenous natives of Japan). There's a lot of cultural complexity around the Ainu as they weren't treated well by the Japanese. So all this stuff about whether she's samurai or not... Really doesn't matter. It reeks of projecting. People just want something to be mad about.

If you like the first ghost game there is very likely 0 to be concerned about in this game. They already did "woke" and "progressive" subjects in the first game very tastefully. For example the story of Jin's elderly servant's dementia, as well as several LGBT side characters.

I will buy the game day one either way, just like I'm buying every Assassin's Creed since 2007.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Well looking at the 4k shots the game does look spectacularly beautiful, For the people buying it you guys are in for a treat visually at least. The Mt. Yotei one is a proper money shot
Yup! And doing so while the environments look far more expansive, the vista and draw in distance and the detailed displayed with the draw instance is quite impressive too.

Should definitely be a standout on the Pro.

Can't imagine how much more impressive their loading tech has improved with the SSD too.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Yup! And doing so while the environments look far more expansive, the vista and draw in distance and the detailed displayed with the draw instance is quite impressive too.

Should definitely be a standout on the Pro.

Can't imagine how much more impressive their loading tech has improved with the SSD too.
Damn man I'm getting hyped to play it already lmao

• Shake
Reactions: Danja and Kokoloko

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
They shat on it by just the looks and before they played it. Because it was woke.

So are PS fans gonna shit all over this?…

Majority of people who gave their opinion never played it.
No reviewer said the gameplay is terrible, actually they said it was pretty decent
I can’t speak for everyone else. The designs in concord were absolutely atrocious to me. For ghost she actually looks great. I like her design a lot.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I can’t speak for everyone else. The designs in concord were absolutely atrocious to me. For ghost she actually looks great. I like her design a lot.
Yes the designs were mostly bad for me too with a few exceptions. And the new ghost character looks fine, yes.

But I wasnt exactly just talking about looks. I was talking more about the cancel because of “woke” battle. Which was about developers, characters, voice actors etc.

On a side note. I dont see too much wrong with Haymar compared to the new ghost character

IMG_4853.jpeg IMG_4852.jpeg

IMG_4855.jpeg

IMG_4854.jpeg

• thisistheway
Reactions: EDMIX and Exicide

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
She's blocking people who harass her for her beliefs and who she is as a person, as she should. She also seems to be blocking everyone involved in the stupid gamergate 2, dei detected, sbi detected discourse, which again, as she should.

EDIT: just looked at the individual images, all those people blocked are awful people.

kabrutus
cyael
hypnotic
masterofthetds

I watched some of her videos I guess she was chosen because she also knows Kenjutsu?

She's actually built more like a physical martial artist, the made her more slender and appealing in the game. But reading into it, all the fighting mo-cap is done by her.

• Informative
Reactions: Exicide

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
I watched some of her videos I guess she was chosen because she also knows Kenjutsu?

She's actually built more like a physical martial artist, the made her more slender and appealing in the game. But reading into it, all the fighting mo-cap is done by her.
that's some pretty amazing credentials to have for this game.

Reactions: Papacheeks

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Do you remember this photo from the PS Creative Arts support studio from Malaysia? The environment seems maybe a bit fantasy stuff, but the character reminds me of this game:

image.png

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
She also embrace/encourage children to undergo gender surgery change
that's not a thing, they can't do that until 18. Trust me, I don't want to argue about this, I've done the research about it. the most that can be done is top surgery and that is around 16 or 17 (even then the waitlist is usually till 18)

otherwise, its puberty blockers, which are reversible.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
that's not a thing, they can't do that until 18. Trust me, I don't want to argue about this, I've done the research about it. the most that can be done is top surgery and that is around 16 or 17 (even then the waitlist is usually till 18)

otherwise, its hormone blockers, which are reversible.

Can we not talk about this.

EDIT: No political talk,

Last edited:
Reactions: EDMIX

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Let's get back to talking about the game and not politics. Let's give all the hardwork from Sucker punch and all involved a chance before people lose their minds. For what little they have shown, i am excited.

Since I watched SHOGUN this year and this taking place in similar time period I am super stoked for where they are taking this series.

If the final game is at the end of the samurai age, we could get something like a Last Samurai situation with a American or foreign character learning from the ghost of whatever area.

I would love that. Imagine a dual protag? You playing the Ghost of that area and their story, and then of the foreigner. You could have more 17-18th century weaponry like revolver pistols, cutlas swords.

God do it Sucker, do it!!

EDMIX

They spent all that time and effort creating Jin and his Ghost attire, it doesn’t really make sense to go this way.

Being stuck with origin stories that have no time to develop the main character just sounds like a stupid idea but I guess this is what the marketing people thought would hit.

I disagree

I've been saying this for years, they will go with a different route, different time frame, different character and move on.

The game is literally set in a time about an invasion that occurs, that isn't some open story concept, that is limited to that exact event.

So they made a new character before, they'll have no issue making another. At least now its in a time frame they seem to favor with Edo Period as the original Ghost seem to be in love with this shit despite literally being hundreds of years prior.

They'll be just fine.

During the time the game takes place, only samurai were allowed to wear a katana.

Ok, that probably means she is one, keep in mind, what was allowed or not is irrelevant, this is a fucking video game, what she is doing in the game isn't arguing what is the norm, isn't saying that was common in Japan, isn't say that ALL PEOPLE did that in japan or some weird shit like this.

So I don't get this thing of getting triggered by this type of thing as they are not telling you this is some documented biography of some fucking person or something lol

So this whole "Samurai did this" or "allowed to do that"

Sir...they had fucking fire swords and where fighting demons in Ghost 1, they don't give a shit lol

This is a fake video game.

So I'd lower the expectation as I don't think they are doing this 1.1 thing for anything you are saying to be relevant here.

@TubzGaming sadly, we'll see lots looking to attack any game now, to the point of going after voice actors if they can't get to the game.

To get the point where now even the content of the game won't be judged, but just the folks around it by looking at tweets and social media is just beyond absurd and makes me question why some of them even play games if this is what they are basing a purchase on.

You can almost see the odd hesitation of folks to accept the game when the trailer first released, looking into the team, voice actors ANYTHING to start some attack against the game

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Exicide