Ghost of Yotei Announced | State of Play | 2025

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
The most insignificant nit picking complaint ever.
But he is right the game will be compared as a PS5 only title to Tsushima, Sucker Punch has to show significant improvements over a PS4 game.

Hiring that activist actor will also do them no favors, People will go over the trailers frame by frame like they did with AC shadows. I hope they put a gag order on the VA so she doesnt piss of people otherwise Sucker Punch is in for a hard time because there will be videos nitpicking animation clipping to dunk on the game like in that tweet.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
But he is right the game will be compared as a PS5 only title to Tsushima, Sucker Punch has to show significant improvements over a PS4 game.

Hiring that activist actor will also do them no favors, People will go over the trailers frame by frame like they did with AC shadows. I hope they put a gag order on the VA so she doesnt piss of people otherwise Sucker Punch is in for a hard time because there will be videos nitpicking animation clipping to dunk on the game like in that tweet.
Do you know how old the build was? Because I dunno what sense it makes be nitpicking an unfinished game at this stage.

I dunno why we can't allow final products of games to come out before casting these kinda judgements

I assume you said the same thing when the The Last of Us 2 footage was first shown , when animations was missing with such things as no impact on the snow from character movements and animation clippings

Reactions: Gods&Monsters

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Is he right?

Well if he believes these developers doesn't have these little bugs in their games...
All games have it.

Now about looking next-gen... yes it looks next-gen... PS4 can't do what they showed in SoP.

To be fair his comments looks like very bitter for whatever reason.
The vegetation and draw distance is so much better than the first game.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Do you know how old the build was? Because I dunno what sense it makes be nitpicking an unfinished game at this stage.

I dunno why we can't allow final products of games to come out before casting these kinda judgements

I assume you said the same thing when the The Last of Us 2 footage was first shown , when animations was missing with such things as no impact on the snow from character movements and animation clippings
Bro all I am stating is the game will be nitpicked on the internet, I dont care if the animations clip one way or another because I am not picking up the game anyways. The DF analysis of the trailer will highlight the low quality textures so we will see more tweets like the one that was posted.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Is he right?

Clipping happens in every video game and in my opinion can be a very nitpicky thing to point out especially in this instance where the chain is swining in motion and most people won't notice it is occurring in game because the game isn't moving in slow motion. This person also comes across as spiteful over the game for some reason. He said the trailer told us nothing about the story well the first reveal for Ghost of Tsushima also told us nothing about its story either.

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Sony made the game didn't they?

a1moqb-D-460swp.webp[img]
Sad little loser

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
All highborn women were samurai.

This is obviously not true, but it's probably irrelevant anyway.

Chances are the protagonist is an Ainu woman taking revenge on Japanese invaders.
IIRC Hokkaido only became a formal part of Japan after being annexed in the 1800s. The ethnic Ainu are actually a mix of Mongol and Chinese colonizers/invaders who probably also took northeast asians, perhaps as slaves, there (Vietnamese, Burmese, etc.).

I don't know what Ainu gender roles were, but if they were closer to the Mongol and Chinese then they should be very different from Japan.

Ghost of Yotei's protagonist being female should be rather accurate, if we're to trust in Insomniac as much as they deserve for Ghost of Tsushima.

Of course, this doesn't change the fact that the main character's voice actor is a toxic piece of shit who should have never been considered for the job.
But one should be able to discern the art from the artist, IMO.