God of War Ragnarok with Neutral reviews on Steam because the game can't run on PCs with less than 6 GB of VRAM (Update: Also because of forced PSN)

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
And let's also address the raw, undiluted bilge that you, @Landiri and others keep peddling about PC gamers.

Yes, piracy was common in the 90s, especially in poorer countries, due to a lack of proper distribution channels. For example, I grew up in Romania. I didn't have a GameStop or whatever that I could simply pick up Halo CE from. And even tho my family was pretty well off, physical copies of Microsoft games weren't even being sold in Romania before ~2008.

But then Steam came along in 2003 — their frequent sales and rapidly improving material conditions meant gaming was no longer a luxury for the fortunate few. Through Steam, Valve offered games you couldn't otherwise find locally.

Meanwhile, console gaming remained unfeasible because PSN only became available around 2015 and Xbox Live entered the Eastern Bloc in 2018.

Yet Valve didn't just sell us games, they created access where there was none. Before Steam, all we had access to were the handful of overpriced retail copies we could barely find locally. This is why PC gaming culture is so deeply entrenched in the Eastern Bloc and other regions.

As Gabe once stated: "Piracy is more of a service problem than a pricing problem."

This is inarguably true because Steam alone reduced PC piracy by as much as 70%.

Now I can understand this PC vs. Console shit's always had an element of tribalism to it.

However, this "us vs. them" narrative that "PC users don't buy games, they steal them." you guys are pushing? It's a baseless, 30-IQ opinion that falls apart like a cheap suit at the slightest bit of scrutiny.

@Landiri aka "please notice me, daddy!" asked me to name PC-only games that sold over 20 million copies. Then pretended I didn't answer and continued to parrot his nonsense about piracy.

If PC gamers are all thieves, why did The Witcher 3 — A SINGLE-PLAYER GAME WITH NO DRM — sell way more copies on PC than on PlayStation or Xbox?

Who did Half-Life², StarCraft 2 or all the other PC-only titles sell tens of millions of copies to?
Imagine typing all that just so you can wear Gabe's diapers.

GOW is flopping bad and it's struggling to sell 200k at release. It doesn't even pay for an Astrobot banner in a FIFA match. You have no legs to stand on. Flop platform.

• haha
Reactions: Diah and Landiri

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

GOW is flopping bad and it's struggling to sell 200k at release. It doesn't even pay for an Astrobot banner in a FIFA match. You have no legs to stand on. Flop platform.
looking at his comments, i think, he smells those diapers, that piss gas has melt his brain.

Last edited:

Boswollox

7 Sep 2024
I don't understand. Everyone on this site told me that PC players all buy 4080ti GPUs and that's why PC is more expensive than PS5Pro.

Pc gamers buying games and running on cheap machines?!!? How is this possible?

• Heart
Reactions: Diah

theolreverend

Banned
15 Sep 2024

Imagine being such a dishonest coward that you'd rather type out this embarrassingly dumb shit instead of engaging with the arguments made.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
A quick reminder asking everyone to tone down the rhetoric: too many personal insults are floating about.

Please get your points across in a respectable way.

If the insults continue, I am going to crack some eggs.

Face Egg GIF by The nutrition guru

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Imagine being such a dishonest coward that you'd rather type out this embarrassingly dumb shit instead of engaging with the arguments made.
We've had so many of your kind here if you think I'm going to bother.

I know how this movie ends. Bye.

Lol at Exthanus. There is nothing wrong at all in my tone. My post is 100% PG. You got the wrong person.

Landiri

12 Sep 2024
I don't understand. Everyone on this site told me that PC players all buy 4080ti GPUs and that's why PC is more expensive than PS5Pro.

Pc gamers buying games and running on cheap machines?!!? How is this possible?
PC-Gamer Budget:

95% Hardware
5% F2P/Live-Service Games

• haha
Reactions: Gediminas

theolreverend

Banned
15 Sep 2024
Exactly.

If they actually bought these games they would appear on their platforms Day 1.

They wouldn’t need to port beg.
So why did Diablo 3 sell over 20 million copies on PC?

Why did Half-Life² or Elden Ring sell like crazy on the platform?

Why did the PC version of Witcher 3 sell 2 million more copies than the PlayStation version?

I'm curious, will at least one of you will find the backbone to engage with the points being made in good faith?

Or will you just continue this laughably dishonest circlejerk?

Reactions: Exicide

theolreverend

Banned
15 Sep 2024
We've had so many of your kind here if you think I'm going to bother.

I know how this movie ends. Bye.

Lol at Exthanus. There is nothing wrong at all in my tone. My post is 100% PG. You got the wrong person.
Yeah, I've seen these negative-IQ echo chambers before and so far.

It's a truly revolting mixture of intellectual dishonesty, illiteracy and tribalism.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
So why did Diablo 3 sell over 20 million copies on PC?

Why did Half-Life² or Elden Ring sell like crazy on the platform?

Why did the PC version of Witcher 3 sell 2 million more copies than the PlayStation version?

I'm curious, will at least one of you will find the backbone to engage with the points being made in good faith?

Or will you just continue this laughably dishonest circlejerk?

Exceptions don’t make the rules.

Secondly those aren’t even Sony games.

They are Multiplatform and the series started on PC and ported over to console with success.

That’s the key. They were successes on console too.

Same can’t be said about Sony games on PC.

They sell peanuts and yet considering the port begging you would think there’s a huge demand.