God of War Ragnarok with Neutral reviews on Steam because the game can't run on PCs with less than 6 GB of VRAM (Update: Also because of forced PSN)

theolreverend

Banned
15 Sep 2024
Well if they have never released on PC then it means they have never played these games.

Why does a delay kill the hype?

Like I said, release Half Life Alyx on Playstation now after years of PC release and it would sell bucket loads.

Irrespective of the delay cause Playstation gamers have never played it.
Delay kills hype because A. people move on to the next big thing, B. you've already spent your marketing budget on the initial launch.

And your Half-Life Alyx theory is absurd when less than 5 million PlayStation users even have VR hardware.

• haha
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Exicide and arvfab

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Well if they have never released on PC then it means they have never played these games.

Why does a delay kill the hype?

Like I said, release Half Life Alyx on Playstation now after years of PC release and it would sell bucket loads.

Irrespective of the delay cause Playstation gamers have never played it.
A delay kills hype because people who wanted to play it that badly would have just gotten it on the platform it isn't delayed on, while you all tend to use the release after the delay to shit on PC (every single release) as if the delay had nothing to do with low sales.

I dare Sony to drop a game with no marketing whatsoever, no leaks, nothing, and you'd see how quickly marketing leads to sales.

Marketing = Hype; Hype = Sales. Without marketing for the port, there is no hype, without hype, there will be no big sales.

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
Arrowhead is responsible for the best game Sony released this year

Arrowhead made Astrobot?

I'm referring to the massive success the game has had, you'd be quite frankly disingenuous to say that the game's success would have been the same if it had been a staggered release.

Again, let's keep the same energy when GTA releases.

What about "pussy-devs?" They disabled the mandatory link because of an issue internally, not because people asked for it. Arrowhead is responsible for the best game Sony released this year and you called them "pussy-devs" for letting people play the game despite there being an internal issue? Crazy work.

Country issues are solved now, why is the PSN link still not mandatory even though it was part of the Steam description from the beginning?

Sony definitely deserves some backlash for the fiasco they did with Helldivers 2

They do, as they do for every other PC port. Let us boycott them together.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Landiri

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Arrowhead made Astrobot?

Again, let's keep the same energy when GTA releases.

Country issues are solved now, why is the PSN link still not mandatory even though it was part of the Steam description from the beginning?

They do, as they do for every other PC port. Let us boycott them together.
Do we have raw sales data for Astrobot yet? No? Didn't think so. Helldivers 2 sold over 12 million copies in 12 weeks starting from launch. That is PlayStation's fastest-selling game of ALL TIME.

I am willing to bet that GTA6's sales on PC will be impacted because of the staggered release, aside from double dippers, which GTA V proved there is a LOT of double dippers for that series, keep in mind for the future you can't use Steam for overall sales or CCU for GTA6 because Rockstar likes to force their launcher's store.

"Country issues are solved now" is the bleakest way of putting it, those countries still can't play the game because its still restricted there.

What are you boycotting them for? For making you question your purchase of a PS5 or something?

theolreverend

Banned
15 Sep 2024
A delay kills hype because people who wanted to play it that badly would have just gotten it on the platform it isn't delayed on, while you all tend to use the release after the delay to shit on PC (every single release) as if the delay had nothing to do with low sales.

I dare Sony to drop a game with no marketing whatsoever, no leaks, nothing, and you'd see how quickly marketing leads to sales.

Marketing = Hype; Hype = Sales. Without marketing for the port, there is no hype, without hype, there will be no big sales.
I gave homie an extensive list of games that got released on PC first. I outlined the exact delay times for consoles. I even gave him sales percentages by platform that clearly demonstrate the point being made.

But they already know the evidence is incontrovertible.

That's why they refuse to engage with it in good faith — all their narratives would fall apart.

Don't you just love the willful ignorance and dishonesty of people online?

• haha
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Exicide and arvfab

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
Do we have raw sales data for Astrobot yet? No? Didn't think so. Helldivers 2 sold over 12 million copies in 12 weeks starting from launch. That is PlayStation's fastest-selling game of ALL TIME.

We were talking about "best", weren't we? Astro >>>>>>>> Helldivers 2.

I am willing to bet that GTA6's sales on PC will be impacted because of the staggered release

Going by previous R* releases, I think you would lose that bet.

"Country issues are solved now" is the bleakest way of putting it, those countries still can't play the game because its still restricted there.

The game was erroneously sold in countries where PSN isn't available. Sony refunded those affected and delisted the game in those countries. Problem solved, nothing preventing Arrowhead and Sony to enforce the PSN linking. Outside of devs being pussies of course.

What are you boycotting them for?

For giving me less to play and of lesser quality because resources are being spent for useless ports.

Don't you just love the willful ignorance and dishonesty of people online?

Why do you keep giving examples of it then?

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
And let's also address the raw, undiluted bilge that you, @Landiri and others keep peddling about PC gamers.

Yes, piracy was common in the 90s, especially in poorer countries, due to a lack of proper distribution channels. For example, I grew up in Romania. I didn't have a GameStop or whatever that I could simply pick up Halo CE from. And even tho my family was pretty well off, physical copies of Microsoft games weren't even being sold in Romania before ~2008.

But then Steam came along in 2003 — their frequent sales and rapidly improving material conditions meant gaming was no longer a luxury for the fortunate few. Through Steam, Valve offered games you couldn't otherwise find locally.

Meanwhile, console gaming remained unfeasible because PSN only became available around 2015 and Xbox Live entered the Eastern Bloc in 2018.

Yet Valve didn't just sell us games, they created access where there was none. Before Steam, all we had access to were the handful of overpriced retail copies we could barely find locally. This is why PC gaming culture is so deeply entrenched in the Eastern Bloc and other regions.

As Gabe once stated: "Piracy is more of a service problem than a pricing problem."

This is inarguably true because Steam alone reduced PC piracy by as much as 70%.

Now I can understand this PC vs. Console shit's always had an element of tribalism to it.

However, this "us vs. them" narrative that "PC users don't buy games, they steal them." you guys are pushing? It's a baseless, 30-IQ opinion that falls apart like a cheap suit at the slightest bit of scrutiny.

@Landiri aka "please notice me, daddy!" asked me to name PC-only games that sold over 20 million copies. Then pretended I didn't answer and continued to parrot his nonsense about piracy.

If PC gamers are all thieves, why did The Witcher 3 — A SINGLE-PLAYER GAME WITH NO DRM — sell way more copies on PC than on PlayStation or Xbox?

Who did Half-Life², StarCraft 2 or all the other PC-only titles sell tens of millions of copies to?

Plenty people still pirate games on PC. Writing about it like its a bygone era of poor countries is a weird. But whatever

PC gamers buy games, but they also pirate alot they dont care about. I mean I can call out a family member and friend who do it all the time. They buy games they support the studio. The rest…. Nah, but they surely come online and say the same stuff you do lol.
Like they all say Nintendo Emulation isnt illegal if you own a copy, but how many of those downloads own a Nintendo copy…

This isnt all PC gamers, but there is clearly a high amount of piracy. Just look online

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Landiri and arvfab

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Delay kills hype because A. people move on to the next big thing, B. you've already spent your marketing budget on the initial launch.

And your Half-Life Alyx theory is absurd when less than 5 million PlayStation users even have VR hardware.

Then stop begging for them if you move on cause of the delay.

Except GaaS almost all Sony games will be delayed on PC.

Right now we still have PC gamers begging for Bloodborne and even Astro Bot.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Then stop begging for them if you move on cause of the delay.

Except GaaS almost all Sony games will be delayed on PC.

Right now we still have PC gamers begging for Bloodborne and even Astro Bot.
I haven't seen any PC begging for Astro Bot and I'd be more inclined to believe they're trolling because platformers like that don't do that well on PC.

Bloodborne is Sony's easy money maker for PC but they'd rather faff about and let it die instead of doing anything with it.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I haven't seen any PC begging for Astro Bot and I'd be more inclined to believe they're trolling because platformers like that don't do that well on PC.

Bloodborne is Sony's easy money maker for PC but they'd rather faff about and let it die instead of doing anything with it.

I have seen them begging for Astro Bot.

Bloodborne isn’t easy money. It released on Playstation 9 years ago.

There’s no hype for it on PC cause of the delay.

You can’t have it both ways pal.

Argue that Sony games sell shit cause of the delay which kills hype then say release Bloodborne after 9 years cause it is easy money.

BTW, Bloodborne isn’t dead. Playstation gamers have played it and continue to play on PS4 and the PS5.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Only one I've seen begging is you for Alyx.

I gave an example.

Bar GaaS all Sony games will be delayed. So stop begging for them if there’s no hype cause of the delays.

We don’t make that excuse for shit sales.

Release Alyx and it will sell regardless of the delay.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Landiri

theolreverend

Banned
15 Sep 2024
Plenty people still pirate games on PC. Writing about it like its a bygone era of poor countries is a weird. But whatever

PC gamers buy games, but they also pirate alot they dont care about. I mean I can out a family member and friend who do it all the time. They buy games they support the studio. The rest…. Nah, but they surely come online and say the same stuff you do lol. This isnt all PC gamers, but there is clearly a high amount of piracy. Just look online
Piracy still exists on every platform. And yes, it's still prevalent in poorer countries. Did I say it's completely eradicated?

And yeah, I also know one guy who still does it regularly. Then again, he's the exception because the overwhelming majority of people I've played with for 20 or so years buy everything. Also, many people end up buying games they've pirated as demos.

Personally, I haven't pirated a game since 2010 because it's just inconvenient. I don't have that much time for gaming lately, so I buy the handful of games I play every year. Still, my Steam account is worth ~€1000-1500. Hell, I spent well over €300 on cosmetics in Dota 2.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
I have seen them begging for Astro Bot.

Bloodborne isn’t easy money. It released on Playstation 9 years ago.

There’s no hype for it on PC cause of the delay.

You can’t have it both ways pal.

Argue that Sony games sell shit cause of the delay which kills hype then say release Bloodborne after 9 years cause it is easy money.

BTW, Bloodborne isn’t dead. Playstation gamers have played it and continue to play on PS4 and the PS5.
You can, actually have it both ways. The majority public on PC didn't care for the sequel to GoW:R, let alone the GoW 2018 release, the public has been wanting Bloodborne on PC since it's release, there were literally accounts dedicated to "is Bloodborne on PC yet?", "Days until Bloodborne is on PC", etc.

The hype for Bloodborne has not died out for PC, and as we both know, From Software makes a killing on PC with every release.

Bloodborne isn't "dead" perse but it hasn't even gotten a next gen port, its only backwards compatible, you call that alive?