God of War Ragnarok with Neutral reviews on Steam because the game can't run on PCs with less than 6 GB of VRAM (Update: Also because of forced PSN)

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
That's the secret truth of PC gaming and why a lot of people are angry about the Pro.

PC games release and they don't work on every configuration out of the box and most of these configs are lower end than PS5.

The PC gaming community likes to pretend like everyone has a 4090.

A higher percentage of PlayStation 5 owners will own a PS5 Pro than PC gamers own any of these high end cards.

It's like bragging about Lexus LFA and driving a Prius.

Reactions: mibu no ookami

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I am going to screenshot this and keep it for every quarterly report released from now onwards. Lets see how you will try to weasel out after fairgames and marathon bombs. Already looking forward to the 2nd quarter reports, the pc profits will grow according to your logic right?
Here you have their first party revenue outside PS, listed every quarter in their "Supplemental Information" as "other software".
  • 105,358M yen ($732M) for the previous FY, FY23 (+55.57% increase compared to FY22)
  • 33,103M yen ($230M) last quarter (more than doubling the same quarter of previous year thanks to Helldivers 2)
It isn't "my logic" or opinion, it's a fact, a reality that their revenue keeps growing every year.

image.png

image.png

Before merging their PC revenue with rival consoles under "other software", they reported PC specific revenue (didn't expect the Helldivers 2 mega successful release at the end of FY23) but they expected a 133% CAGR, which already is a crazy growth:

image.png

Back then already were top 20 publisher for the FY. Now are (at least in reviews/owners) in the top 10 for Steam history with under two dozen games, not just the FY. From a few days ago:

image.png

Every GaaS game Sony will release from now on will bomb on Steam, They are creatively bankrupt so they chase trends from other successful IP's. Looking forward to the numbers of discount monster hunter from Guerrilla too.
Sure, Jan.

Oh I forgot to add where is Destiny 2 on the charts - no 42 on US PSN 🤭
We don't know its position in the US PSN because we only have access to the "PlayStation store top downloads of the months".

In Steam -worldwide-, it has great data, its CCU "all-time peak" (316.75K) is top 35 in Steam history. As of now (low activity hours for EU and NA) it's the top 60 in "most played games (right now)" on Steam and top 88 in "best selling games (right now)" and has a 28.5K CCU peach. That's all we know. And well, that the recent Destiny 2 The Final Shape was a great success.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
The fact that a game like GTA 6 is not launching on PC day one, is showing how meaningless PC really is, for Premium Games.

That just shows rockstar is aware of double dippers. If you could get the best version of the game right away you lose lots of double dipping revenue.

Almost half of GTA V owners have the game on multiple platforms. One of the few games on the planet that can make that possible.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Exicide

theolreverend

15 Sep 2024
Really? They are still bitching about that?
As we're all aware, there will always be some dipshits who'll find something to complain about regardless of how good something is.

Personally, I just ignore the bellyaching and low-IQ criticisms from the terminally online.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I don't think folks with low end rigs would leave much steam reviews as you need to purchase the game to do that.

If I were in their shoes I would upgrade my pc first and foremost instead of trying to have a bad experience playing a AAA title. Something like an RX 5500 8 GB or GTX 1660 should do.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Could have made 5 psn accounts in the time it took to write that so called poetry, Good thing is Sony will never back down on something that makes the MAU metrics go up. Either the pc users will have to suck it up or the ports stop, A win for the console players regardless
Why do you hate poor people

• they're_right_you_know

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
Could have made 5 psn accounts in the time it took to write that so called poetry, Good thing is Sony will never back down on something that makes the MAU metrics go up. Either the pc users will have to suck it up or the ports stop, A win for the console players regardless
Explain how Sony's mau numbers going up is a win for console players

• they're_right_you_know

theolreverend

15 Sep 2024
"THE PORTS STOP!!!!1!!!11!" 😂

Dawg, how exactly do ports or even day-and-date cross-platform game launches impact your life as a console player?

Let people enjoy games. Stop being weird.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I just checked.
The 4GB complains are basically nothing on Steam.

They are trying (again) to review cancel the game due PSN requiriment.

But this time? Well there is no back... Sony already put in all pages and it is turned on since launch.
Helldivers 2 was an exception because the Deveveloper choose to turn it off on day one to try to find a server issue and after that they couldn't back it on again... plus there are the issues with Steam's countries which now fixed between Steam and Sony (Sony's ames only shows in countries with PSN support).