GT7 is just trailing behind GT3 to become the biggest Gran Turismo ever in dollar sales, and the biggest game in the franchise.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
a game bundled with console is bad".

And I'm playing victim? For asking you to link me to a comment?

I've said, you implied it. SO WHAT if it was heavily bundled. As you mentioned it couple of times strictly. Yes, you are trying now to play victim card. I've provide a quotes. Read the post.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
I've said, you implied it. SO WHAT if it was heavily bundled. Yes, you are trying now to play victim card. I've provide a quotes. Read the post.
And I'm asking you to link me to the comment that implied that? What's so hard? Come on... It's a simple press of a button 😁🤣

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
And I'm asking you to link me to the comment that implied that? What's so hard? Come on... It's a simple press of a button 😁🤣

It is post above or last post on previous page. LOL. Read it. Your posts are on very first page. If you trying to be a prick, you'll be reported.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
It is post above or last post on previous page. LOL. Read it. Your posts are on very first It also on first page. If you trying to be a prick, you'll be reported.
So by asking you to quote my comment that you claimed (implied) "a console bundle is bad" ... Is now worth getting reported? 🤔

Though I can quote many of my comments in here that actually states I implied the opposite of what you claim...

It's okay for you to twist comments, call me delusional but if you get called out for it .. oh it's called being "a prick" 🤔

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
And bunch of delusional takes at times. All of a sudden game bundled with console is bad. :/

All of a sudden?
Bundles has always been a sales talking point, especially if a particular game gets bundled aggressively all through the generation.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
So by asking you to quote my comment that you claimed (implied) "a console bundle is bad" ... Is now worth getting reported?

You have it on last page, one of the last posts. With LINK.

What's so hard? Come on... It's a simple press of a button

Yes, you are trying to be a prick. I've provided you a YOUR quotes and you continuously asking for quotes post after post and mocking me. So, why is so hard for you to go back and read it.

As @Gamernyc78 also said

Sometimes ppl buy the bundle just bcus of the game. I hate when ppl bring up tht bundle excuse.

See it now? I hope.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
You have it on last page, one of the last posts. With LINK.

Yes, you are trying to be a prick. I've provided you a YOUR quotes and you continuously asking for quotes post after post and mocking me. So, why is so hard for you to go back and read it.
I literally just saw you went back edited a post after I replied to it, sorry the forum doesn't notify us if you go back and add stuff to a comment...

And neither of those comments implied anything about "a console bundle being bad"... I'm gonna just assume there's a language barrier as it's not the first time you've misinterpreted things.

Good day

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
I literally just saw you went back edited a post after I replied to it, sorry the forum doesn't notify us if you go back and add stuff to a comment...

And you didn't read at all what i've said back then. First post on this page

I've said, you implied it. SO WHAT if it was heavily bundled. As you mentioned it couple of times strictly. Yes, you are trying now to play victim card. I've provide a quotes. Read the post.

And neither of those comments implied anything about "a console bundle being bad"... I'm gonna just assume there's a language barrier as it's not the first time you've misinterpreted things.

If some game sold good, there is no need to bring bundle excuse (as you did couple of times). At all. That's the point of bundles.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
And you didn't read at all what i've said back then. First post on this page

If some game sold good, there is no need to bring bundle excuse (as you did couple of times). At all. That's the point of bundles.
And if you read the original comments...

1) I mentioned bundles first stating I doubt any GT game will ever surpass GT3 in units sold as it moved a ton of hardware bundles.

2) responded to a poster stating GT3 sold so much better in North America over GT4 as it was heavily bundled compared to the others.

Again nowhere did I imply "bundles were bad".

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Nah. Just from bots. Mario Kart 8 is probably the most bundled game and I don't hear a thing

On this very forum I've seen users downplay the sales figures of MK8 because of how bundled the game is.

. Probably here. 😁 On other forums it last for years.

During the Insomniac leaks you had folks on two opposing side of the fence when it came to TLoU Part II sales.

Camp liking TLoU Part II: TLoU Remastered was bundled aggressively through the early/mid gen, sales are inflated, TLoU Part II is doing fine.
Not liking TLoU Part II: Look, Druckmann ruining Naughty Dog, sequel is going to sell way less than the 20M+ of Part I.

The point I'm trying to make is that people will talk about bundles differently depending on how they feel about a particular game, especially in the enthusiast sphere. One day certain things will matter, sometime they will not.
Would it be cool if everyone was more consistent with their stances? Yeah, but that's not often the case.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Alright ppl not that serious. Let's not start the back and forth warring, it's just games and opinions.

Reactions: Danja1187

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
During the Insomniac leaks you had folks on two opposing side of the fence when it came to TLoU Part II sales.

Funny thing is... TLOU 2 was ONLY bundled with PS4 Pro.
And if you read the original comments...

1) I mentioned bundles first stating I doubt any GT game will ever surpass GT3 in units sold as it moved a ton of hardware bundles.

2) responded to a poster stating GT3 sold so much better in North America over GT4 as it was heavily bundled compared to the others.

Again nowhere did I imply "bundles were bad".

As someone said to you, it really doesn't matter. Bundled copy is a sold copy.

Reactions: ethomaz

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Bruce already tried making a Jak 4 all along with Naughty Dog and it couldn't work. I also doubt he would want to work on a Naughty Dog intellectual property.

Sumo Digital is great, the Sackboy big adventure team is amazing, y'all slept on them lol.
I wasnt a fan of Sackoy, it was ok, but lacked some charm and depth. Maybe they could get it to work but I felt Asobi got the feels down much better for Astrobot. They need someone else to help them if they do give it to Sumo.

I could see Ember Lab maybe pulling it off but they're a super small & I dunno if they're even working with Sony anymore?

Sony gave them there first big break. Hopefully they are working together. It was a decent first game for sure. And the graphics were great so a small team

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
As someone said to you, it really doesn't matter. Bundled copy is a sold copy.
We were discussing Franchise Unit sales stop being obtuse. The numbers were posted and the discussion started. Again, I said I doubt any GT game will ever sell 7+ million in NA again. Nowhere did I imply bundles sales doesn't count.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
I wasnt a fan of Sackoy, it was ok, but lacked some charm and depth. Maybe they could get it to work but I felt Asobi got the feels down much better for Astrobot. They need someone else to help them if they do give it to Sumo.

Sony gave them there first big break. Hopefully they are working together. It was a decent first game for sure. And the graphics were great so a small team
I thought Sackboy was brilliant. I think Sumo is working on another PlayStation exclusive but could be wrong.

I really don't want to see other PlayStation studios given legacy IP's honestly so Asobi should do their own thing personally. But I'd be down for a new Jak though not sure what direction would work as the series itself kinda changed with each iteration

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
GT7 feels like it was made by people who care about the product. The attention to detail is staggering, and the VR implementation is perfect. It earned its success.

I’m glad PlayStation gives PD all they need to succeed. Imagine if the game was designed by middle managers and developed by 18-month contractors.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I thought Sackboy was brilliant. I think Sumo is working on another PlayStation exclusive but could be wrong.

I really don't want to see other PlayStation studios given legacy IP's honestly so Asobi should do their own thing personally. But I'd be down for a new Jak though not sure what direction would work as the series itself kinda changed with each iteration

I agree. Give it new blood or mix it up with some vets and new guys. Same with Resistance and Killzone etc. Get some older devs and recruit some new people like ND and Insomniac always does. Sucker Punch should do the same with Sly which wouldnt even need a huge team.

They have plenty of ex JapanStudio guys who help make games for PS on the side. I they should just get them to help Sumo make it with some ex ND, ex Cerny japan studio guys.

As for direction. Between Jak & Daxter 1 and Jak 2 lol. Wasnt Jak 3 more like Jak 2.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
GT7 feels like it was made by people who care about the product. The attention to detail is staggering, and the VR implementation is perfect. It earned its success.

I’m glad PlayStation gives PD all they need to succeed. Imagine if the game was designed by middle managers and developed by 18-month contractors.
Would be a shell of itself even though they also outsource alot but I'm sure they are on top of it with quality control.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Entropi