GT7 is just trailing behind GT3 to become the biggest Gran Turismo ever in dollar sales, and the biggest game in the franchise.

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
GT7 is the racing sim of all racing sim. I still play it a lot.
Closes thing to playing A-Spec in my childhood is GT7, brings me right back to 2001.
Check out RaceRoom, iRacing or Assetto. They are substantially better when it comes to simulation.

I have to play more if it on VR. Think ima start tomorrow.
I won't ever have VR due to eye issues, but I heard it's great. I love that they were able to do mostly the entire game with it. GT7 is awesome. I am about to hit 2500 miles of racing in it!

24 Jun 2022
And if you read the original comments...

1) I mentioned bundles first stating I doubt any GT game will ever surpass GT3 in units sold as it moved a ton of hardware bundles.

2) responded to a poster stating GT3 sold so much better in North America over GT4 as it was heavily bundled compared to the others.

Again nowhere did I imply "bundles were bad".

You very likely did not mean that implication, but unfortunately it's become very popular these days for console warriors to use bundling of Sony 1P games to downplay the actual commercial success of their games. It's become a way of saying "the only reason Sony games even sell so well is because of bundles".

Despite the fact that trackers like Circana/NPD do not count bundles in their software sales charts. So again, you probably didn't imply that when just mentioning GT3 was bundled with PS2s (although from memory, I don't specifically remember coming across many PS2 bundles with GT3 in NA, or even a lot of NA PS2 bundles in general. Then again I didn't pay attention to gaming news as much back then vs. today).

That said, sadly you have to acknowledge there are a lot of disingenuous and bad faith folks online who default to the bundles argument to downplay sales of Sony games (but never with Nintendo, who have a similar history of bundles, some aggressive at times).

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Check out RaceRoom, iRacing or Assetto. They are substantially better when it comes to simulation.

I won't ever have VR due to eye issues, but I heard it's great. I love that they were able to do mostly the entire game with it. GT7 is awesome. I am about to hit 2500 miles of racing in it!
Nah GT7 with VR is top sim.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Saturo I belive said the same thing in the past. I never played them so I can't really judge.
I think people mistake force feedback with physics. Because I jump from acc and gt7 and the only difference is acc has a mind-blowing force feedback. Btw don't bother with ps5 version. Is rubbish gt7 definitely feels better but the PC version is something else.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
You very likely did not mean that implication, but unfortunately it's become very popular these days for console warriors to use bundling of Sony 1P games to downplay the actual commercial success of their games. It's become a way of saying "the only reason Sony games even sell so well is because of bundles".

Despite the fact that trackers like Circana/NPD do not count bundles in their software sales charts. So again, you probably didn't imply that when just mentioning GT3 was bundled with PS2s (although from memory, I don't specifically remember coming across many PS2 bundles with GT3 in NA, or even a lot of NA PS2 bundles in general. Then again I didn't pay attention to gaming news as much back then vs. today).

That said, sadly you have to acknowledge there are a lot of disingenuous and bad faith folks online who default to the bundles argument to downplay sales of Sony games (but never with Nintendo, who have a similar history of bundles, some aggressive at times).
Yes I know fanboys use bundles as a way to discredit Playstation sales. But it's an ill-fated argument as a game is most times included in a bundle because it will attract people to buy a console. Nobody rushes to buy a bad game so clearly the value proposition must be there to consider that game a system seller.

But yes GT3 was bundled a lot in North America upon launch and after. It was right after Sony gave the PS2 its first price cut and then dropped the bundle... It was the first true system seller for PS2 and they capitalized on that. They were being extra aggressive as GameCube and Xbox were launching in a few months and they wanted to expand their leads quickly and GT3 sold millions of PS2's for them that Quarter.

With that said. I don't come on this forum to engage in fanboy talks, so for me when I post I don't post with the intent to start fanboy conversations, so that thought about bundles didn't even cross my mind... As it's not something I would say.

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
1.43 update. The game that keeps on giving year round Clark! I have started the events in the World Circuits. Japanese Clubman.

A new update for Gran Turismo 7 has been released. The following is a list of the main features and adjustments introduced.

Main Features Implemented​

1. Cars
 - The following three new cars have been added:
  ・Audi TTS Coupe '09 (Sold at the 'Legend Cars' and 'Used Cars' dealerships)
  ・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR GSR '06 (Sold at the 'Legend Cars' and 'Used Cars' dealerships)
  ・Renault R4 GTL '85 (Sold at the 'Legend Cars' and 'Used Cars' dealerships)

2. World Circuits
 - The following new events have been added to 'World Circuits':
  ・Japanese Clubman Cup 550
   - WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca
  ・Sunday Cup Classic
   - Tsukuba Circuit
  ・European Clubman Cup 600
   - Suzuka Circuit

3. Brand Central
 - The following brands have been added to the Museum:
  ・Bvlgari

(The BVLGARI Aluminium Vision Gran Turismo is now available for purchase.)

4. Café
 - The following Extra Menu has been added:
  ・Extra Menu No.36: 'Collection: Lamborghini' (Collector Level 43 and above);

- Added new sets of conversations with the Car Designers and Characters appearing in the Café. These new conversations can be accessed by changing to the following cars in 'Garage' and speaking with the Characters in the Café:

CAR DESIGNERS
  - Kunihisa Ito
   ・Nissan R92CP '92
   ・Porsche 919 Hybrid '16
   ・Toyota TS050 - Hybrid '16

- Hikonori Kagurazaka
   ・Eckert's Rod & Custom Mach Forty
   ・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR GSR '06

- Tom Matano
   ・Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 '12
   ・Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat '15

- Shiro Nakamura
   ・Mazda RX500 '70

CHARACTERS
  - Jeremy
   ・Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM '98
   ・AMG 300 SEL 6.8 AMG '71

- Stella
   ・Mazda RX-VISION '15

5. GT Auto
 - Car Maintenance & Service
  Engine Swaps have been added for the following cars (Unlocked at Collector Level 50):
  ・Nissan GT-R Premium Edition '17
  ・Suzuki Jimny XC '18
  ・Toyota GR Corolla MORIZO Edition '22
  ・Toyota Sprinter Trueno 3door 1600GT APEX (AE86) '83
  ・Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A '88

6. Scapes
 - The 'Pyrenees' has been added as a featured Curation in Scapes.

Other Improvements and Adjustments​

1. Cars
 - The text indicating a car's aspiration type has been adjusted as follows:
  ・TB (Turbo) → TC (Turbocharger)
  ・ST (Superturbo) → TC+SC 
 *'TC+SC' indicates a forced induction system equipped with a TC (Turbocharger) and a SC (Supercharger).

2. Legend Cars
 - Legend Cars (Hagerty Collection) prices have been revised based on real-life valuations from Gran Turismo partner, Hagerty. Hagerty provides valuations and vehicle insurance for classic cars and has sponsored some historic car events in recent years. New prices will be applied the next time a vehicle goes on sale. The next price revision is scheduled for May 2024.

3. World Circuits
 - The Weekly Challenges are now updated every Friday;
 - It is now possible to enter Drift Trials and Time Trials even when Performance Points (PP) cannot be calculated.

4. Multiplayer
 - Fixed an issue in 'Split-Screen Race' wherein the race display would disappear during a pit stop.

5. Localisation
 - Fixed various text localisation issues.

6. Others
 - Various other issues have been addressed.

Thank you for your support and please continue to enjoy Gran Turismo 7!

• Shake
Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1.43 update. The game that keeps on giving year round Clark! I have started the events in the World Circuits. Japanese Clubman.

A new update for Gran Turismo 7 has been released. The following is a list of the main features and adjustments introduced.

1. Cars
  ・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR GSR '06 (Sold at the 'Legend Cars' and 'Used Cars' dealerships)

2. World Circuits
  ・Sunday Cup Classic
   - Tsukuba Circuit
   - Suzuka Circuit

3. Brand Central
  ・Bvlgari

4. Café

- Added new sets of conversations with the Car Designers and Characters appearing in the Café. These new conversations can be accessed by changing to the following cars in 'Garage' and speaking with the Characters in the Café:

CAR DESIGNERS
  - Kunihisa Ito
   ・Nissan R92CP '92
   ・Porsche 919 Hybrid '16

- Hikonori Kagurazaka

- Tom Matano

- Shiro Nakamura
   ・Mazda RX500 '70

CHARACTERS
  - Jeremy
   ・AMG 300 SEL 6.8 AMG '71

- Stella
   ・Mazda RX-VISION '15

5. GT Auto
  Engine Swaps have been added for the following cars (Unlocked at Collector Level 50):
  ・Suzuki Jimny XC '18

6. Scapes

1. Cars
  ・ST (Superturbo) → TC+SC 
 *'TC+SC' indicates a forced induction system equipped with a TC (Turbocharger) and a SC (Supercharger).

2. Legend Cars
 - Legend Cars (Hagerty Collection) prices have been revised based on real-life valuations from Gran Turismo partner, Hagerty. Hagerty provides valuations and vehicle insurance for classic cars and has sponsored some historic car events in recent years. New prices will be applied the next time a vehicle goes on sale. The next price revision is scheduled for May 2024.

3. World Circuits
 - It is now possible to enter Drift Trials and Time Trials even when Performance Points (PP) cannot be calculated.

4. Multiplayer
 - Fixed an issue in 'Split-Screen Race' wherein the race display would disappear during a pit stop.

5. Localisation

6. Others

I'm sure there was another thread for updates if I see it I'll add this, thnks.

Last edited:
Reactions: KvallyX
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

1. Cars

2. World Circuits
  ・Sunday Cup Classic
   - Tsukuba Circuit
   - Suzuka Circuit

3. Brand Central
  ・Bvlgari

4. Café

CAR DESIGNERS
  - Kunihisa Ito
   ・Nissan R92CP '92
   ・Porsche 919 Hybrid '16

- Hikonori Kagurazaka

- Tom Matano

- Shiro Nakamura
   ・Mazda RX500 '70

CHARACTERS
  - Jeremy
   ・AMG 300 SEL 6.8 AMG '71

- Stella
   ・Mazda RX-VISION '15

5. GT Auto
  ・Suzuki Jimny XC '18

6. Scapes

1. Cars
  ・ST (Superturbo) → TC+SC 

2. Legend Cars

3. World Circuits

4. Multiplayer

5. Localisation

6. Others

OH I had already added that few days ago in another thread :)

Last edited:
Reactions: KvallyX