Helldivers 2 passed Destiny 2 all time CCU count. Top Seller all around on Steam |UP|Beats Dragon’s Dogma 2 to Reclaim #1 spot on Steam.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The peak is now 83,705 and the US is still at work 🤯

Complacent Sony with their movie games they said 🤭

They don't take any risk 🤡

Sony suck at MP 🤡

View attachment 4158

Sent to die 🤡
86,117 so far, and should continue rising in the next few hours.

It's interesting to see that reviews keep improving, maybe due to the fixes they are releasing, maybe because the pirates and cheaters already complained about the DRM that already is available in any popular MP game.

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
86,117 so far, and should continue rising in the next few hours.

It's interesting to see that reviews keep improving, maybe due to the fixes they are releasing, maybe because the pirates and cheaters already complained about the DRM that already is available in any popular MP game.

Fixes 100% as I mentioned earlier in the thread, China/KR/JP all have noticeably worse ratings than EU/NA. They would've been the first to play it when the game was at its hottest and buggiest(the game unlocked in late afternoon for Asia).

Now English is at nearly 60% of the reviews and Chinese is only at 20% down from 25%(in my earlier post above) and it was 30%+ of the total reviews at one point.

• fire

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Fixes 100% as I mentioned earlier in the thread, China/KR/JP all have noticeably worse ratings than EU/NA. They would've been the first to play it when the game was at its hottest and buggiest(the game unlocked in late afternoon for Asia).

Now English is at nearly 60% of the reviews and Chinese is only at 20% down from 25%(in my earlier post above) and it was 30%+ of the total reviews at one point.
This theory makes sense: those who played it first played it buggier so rated it worse. Now once has been released worldwide, and specially after releasing bugfixes, the percentages go back to the normality.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
This theory makes sense: those who played it first played it buggier so rated it worse. Now once has been released worldwide, and specially after releasing bugfixes, the percentages go back to the normality.

Even among Asia, the Chinese review percentage is an extreme outlier being that low.
In my experience, mainland China players are not more likely to review more negatively.

If we look look at the Top sellers Local list for the major countries where Mandarin is the/one official Language we get:
Singapore: #2
Hong Kong: #3
Taiwan: #1
Mainland China: #11

This tells me that something much more regional happened here.
Game fell off hard within 24 hours in only one of those regions.
Most likely that the matchmaking/servers were working even less within that particular region and/or maybe some other localized issue.

This is a bit of a shame, considering the first game had a lot of reviews in Chinese AND China is the largest portion of that particular playing block.
It is also probably the #1 or #2 in terms of Steam yearly revenue worlwide.
Loss of potential here is potentially huge, not only because of people not buying the game but then engaging with future MTX and whatnot.

At the end of the day, it is what it is.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
The peak is now 83,705 and the US is still at work 🤯

Sony suck at MP 🤡

View attachment 4158

Sent to die 🤡
Def cracking 100k over the weekend I feel. Resounding success. Imagine the numbers Factions would have done 😫.

I hope Hermen is providing them with some X-Dev support in the coming months

*Edit - just saw your post above 😬

• fire

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
The peak is now 90,136. Is it going to reach 100k 🤯

Sony suck at MP 🤡

Sent to die 🤡

The real intellectuals know Sony made the best exclusive multiplayers. They just got complacent and stopped.

I will die on the hill forever that Uncharted 3 Multiplayer was the original Fortnite and better in many ways than 90% of the multiplayers in general that's came after it. Just launched on the wrong PlayStation console.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Tbh y'all are celebrating way too early. While it's necessary and good to have strong launch sales, whether the game is a success will come down to how strong post-launch support is. That will be the determining factor in seeing whether sony gets it or not. That said I'm having a lot of fun so far so it looks promising. Tbh letting word of mouth carry the game rather than a big traditional marketing push seems to have been the right call so that would be an indication that Sony does know what it's doing.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Helldivers 2 has achieved the 100k CCU mark with a current CCU peak of 100,777.
Hello Jim Ryan, please come back

Phone Monkey GIF