Helldivers 2 passed Destiny 2 all time CCU count. Top Seller all around on Steam |UP|Beats Dragon’s Dogma 2 to Reclaim #1 spot on Steam.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I'm glad this game is doing really well, I honestly thought it was going to flop with the lack of advertising from Sony

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
I'm glad this game is doing really well, I honestly thought it was going to flop with the lack of advertising from Sony
lack of advertising?
Sony put it in 2? of there shows and now if you look at twitch some of the biggest streamers are playing it.
You have to remember its not a big AAA game so it will have a lower budget for advertising and just that "lack of advertising" worked.
I didn't think it would flop but i didn't expect it to do the numbers it is.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The first of Sony GAAS and it's blowing up the charts. Jim Ryan redeemed 😁

Look at these haters at Era. They are so used to their "Everything Sony is trash" bubble. Only 46 people votes out of 541. Less than 15k CCU was winning 😬

Screenshot_20240208_214304_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
lack of advertising?
Sony put it in 2? of there shows and now if you look at twitch some of the biggest streamers are playing it.
You have to remember its not a big AAA game so it will have a lower budget for advertising and just that "lack of advertising" worked.

I agree.

When you're dealing with an marketing budget of something like 5M-10M instead of 100M+ like the big tentpoles, you've got to pick up where you spend it.
Paying the big streamers something like 20k-50k per hour(yes some of them can command this pricetag or even more but that's for much bigger games) you can rack up a couple millions in just a matter of hours.
But you're getting WAYYY better return on investment than spending millions and putting images on buses and murals and whatnot. Streamers are extremely valuable because the people that watch them are something like x50 times more likely to buy the game than a random guy on the street seeing an image or a trailer for a game he was forced to watch on youtube.

Not all eyeballs are created equal in marketing.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Goes to show how delusional they are.

Most folks on Era have very poor understanding of the PC market due to being console players.
Each time you get a CCU prediction thread or anything related to Steam pops up you see the lack of knowledge clear as day.
Normally it's not bad, just folks stating opinions that are wildly incorrect.
But sometime you see some real hot Olympic level hot takes by individual users :LOL:

Reactions: Nimrota

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
The first of Sony GAAS and it's blowing up the charts. Jim Ryan redeemed 😁

Look at these haters at Era. They are so used to their "Everything Sony is trash" bubble. Only 46 people votes out of 541. Less than 15k CCU was winning 😬

View attachment 4144
Meanwhile the amazing smash hit live service game from Microsoft, Sea of THIEEEEEVEEEEES:

66k all-time peak.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
It's been some time, we can have a quick look at the breakdown of the game's reviews by language to see what's what:

English: 54.76%
Simplified Chinese: 25.06%
Korean: 4.35%
Etc...

It is a very standard distribution as far as Steam titles go, maybe a bit on the higher side for English.
But what's really interesting is the percentage of positive reviews.

27% for Chinese
52% Traditional Chinese
59% Japanese
67% Korean

Chinese speakers are an EXTREME outlier.
But in general these are clearly much lower than Europe/NA which tells me that the matchmaking and other issues were extremely prominent the closer the game was from launch.
This makes sense because the game launch at 9 UTC which would be 6PM JST. Asia would be the first to hop on the game.

We'll see what kind of effects that would have on Asia vs other region peaks going forward.
I am sure customers with one of those selected languages would get a VASTLY different reading experience compared to someone checking English or the other languages in the 80+ positive.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
It's been some time, we can have a quick look at the breakdown of the game's reviews by language to see what's what:

English: 54.76%
Simplified Chinese: 25.06%
Korean: 4.35%
Etc...

It is a very standard distribution as far as Steam titles go, maybe a bit on the higher side for English.
But what's really interesting is the percentage of positive reviews.

27% for Chinese
52% Traditional Chinese
59% Japanese
67% Korean

Chinese speakers are an EXTREME outlier.
But in general these are clearly much lower than Europe/NA which tells me that the matchmaking and other issues were extremely prominent the closer the game was from launch.
This makes sense because the game launch at 9 UTC which would be 6PM JST. Asia would be the first to hop on the game.

We'll see what kind of effects that would have on Asia vs other region peaks going forward.
I am sure customers with one of those selected languages would get a VASTLY different reading experience compared to someone checking English or the other languages in the 80+ positive.
Yeah I jumped on at launch which was 8pm my time in Australia. Played for over an hour but turned it off due to the connection issues. Most people would have gone to sleep and jumped back on today with the server issues being fixed.

Reactions: Box

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Gag. Hope this doesn’t somehow reinvigorate Sony’s GaaS aspirations.
They never went away, always were there. They only delayed a few games to improve them and canned the TLOU Online one because ND decided to avoid impacting their SP games resources in SP title. And wait for Concord and Marathon, their numbers will be way bigger.

67.8k peak. Surpassed GTAV, coming for Apex 👀
Until now reached a 81,840 peak, new record for a Sony PC title. Will go beyond this during the weekend.