Helldivers 2 passed Destiny 2 all time CCU count. Top Seller all around on Steam |UP|Beats Dragon’s Dogma 2 to Reclaim #1 spot on Steam.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I think MS is assembling its acquisition team to try and snatch Arrowhead or key people at the top. PS can’t rest on its laurels and should act quickly.
You're not the first person saying that. They tried with Housemarque and the Kena devs. People are genuinely concerned MS will sabotage Helldivers out of pure jealousy. They are a cancer in the industry.

If you are from Europe, please go to sleep, let other people play the game too.
Tomorrow is an holiday in US and the peak will be in about 1 hour so it wouldn't help at all 😅

Did you ever play the game or you're stuck since you got it?

It's at 409k CCU, they must have increased the cap to 700k or something.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
You're not the first person saying that. They tried with Housemarque and the Kena devs. People are genuinely concerned MS will sabotage Helldivers out of pure jealousy. They are a cancer in the industry.

Tomorrow is an holiday in US and the peak will be in about 1 hour so it wouldn't help at all 😅

Did you ever play the game or you're stuck since you got it?

I played for 2 min on Linux, I crashed twice, when I fixed the crash I got stuck waiting for servers. I booted Windows and doesn't work on Windows either and I have been stuck ever since.

Gave it a bad review on Steam, but when I play the game if it's good I'll replace it with a good review instead. I won't refund it, I'll see if I can play during the week because I have no hope for next weekend.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Hermen didn't tweet or posted in Instagram since last year. Weird to see he didn't send big props to Arrowhead publicly. Maybe he's waiting to see how high the peak ends being or until they fix the issues? Maybe he's busy working on the aquisition or helping them to fix the stuff?

image.png

I'd say 800-900K

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Hermen didn't tweet or posted in Instagram since last year. Weird to see he didn't send big props to Arrowhead publicly. Maybe he's waiting to see how high the peak ends being or until they fix the issues? Maybe he's busy working on the aquisition or helping them to fix the stuff?

image.png

I'd say 800-900K
Last time we saw him he was announcing a AAAA game for the PS6 with Kojima.

Dude is on a roll despite the lack of announcements for the second half of this gen.

I just hope the guy replacing Jim Ryan is more prone to hype and big events, I don't mind the wait, I just want to see what is coming in the second half to decide if I'll get a PS5 Pro or not.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

DForce

Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
I think MS is assembling its acquisition team to try and snatch Arrowhead or key people at the top. PS can’t rest on its laurels and should act quickly.

How much does the studio make when Sony owns the Helldivers 2 IP? I'm assuming they at least get some extra bonuses based on how well the game performs.

They don't own the Helldivers 2 IP (as we know), so if they acquired them, all the money would go to Sony and Microsoft would reap no financial benefits from their success. The studio would also have to make a completely new game under Microsoft where success is not guaranteed and if the game fails, then maybe so does the studio.

At least with Sony, they have more reassurance of success as they continue to work and expand on Helldivers 2.

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Glad I didn't fall for fomo.

Ain't got time for these server issues.

With rebirth dropping soon not even gonna have time for it when it does get fixed.

Only one day since release I didn't manage to get in. Every time I wanna play, I simply jump in and play. Some crashes happen but not so often, at least to me. Been enjoying the game a lot.

• Shake
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
24 Jun 2022
proof.jpg
So turns out the guy who had that post on Twitter that blew up out of nowhere claiming PlayStation gamers are begging for Helldivers 2 to go to Xbox...DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A PLAYSTATION 5! Here's what I originally asked him btw:

I'm just trying to inquire, why you feel the game should suddenly go to Xbox platforms, and why so after Phil Spencer was publicly complaining about the game not being on his platform (as if it's owed games simply for existing)? Surely that can't be a lot to ask, right?

Now, reading that, why did they respond that particular way unless they either 1: can't read questions properly or, 2: low-key admitted in their response they only have an Xbox, and not a PS5 or PC to play the game on? And which of those two do you think is more likely to be the case?

Yeah, exactly. Just like I thought, all this "Helldivers 2 on Xbox" stuff is just portbegging mainly from Xbox-only (at least between Xbox, PlayStation and PC...or maybe they have a crappy PC that can't even play most modern games at 1080p who knows) gamers and I assume these legions of "PlayStation gamers" asking for the game on Xbox are actually just Xbox diehards.

Though knowing how gullible a lot of people in the PlayStation community are (it's a giant community so of course there will be gullible people), I wouldn't be surprised if there are some casual/fairly-new-to-PlayStation gamers who aren't wise to the type of controlled narrative/agenda public optics push the Xbox brand in particular has engineered and pushed for over a decade at this point, nor how that may be involved in their extremely weird campaign to bring Helldivers 2 to the platform after Phil Spencer was crying about it not being on Xbox immediately after the 'Business Update'.

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
It's honestly sad how that game flopped, it was pretty fun though it's very repetitive since every map has the Vegas night aesthetic and there's only like 4 maps total in the whole game.

It's because it's the extreme contrast of Helldivers. Characters are your typical woke garbage.

DForce

Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
The usual Xbox fans on Twitter were making fun of Sony's 2024's lineup for months and now it appears that Helldivers 2 will likely be more successful than Halo Infinite, Forza Horizon 5, Starfield, Indiana Jones, and Hellblade 2.

To be fair (just a little), no one could have predicted the success of Helldivers 2. It exceeded their expectations when it was around 75k CCU on Steam.

Concord and Twisted Metal are next (apparently). I hope these two games find success.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Yeah good luck with that. There's no way Key people at the top is gonna leave their studio after building it up 15 years and finally having a massive game... To go work at Xbox to start over again.

Key people alone don't make a game successful otherwise they wouldn't need a team. And I can safely say Arrowhead isn't gonna sell to Microsoft.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

Unfortunately there's no WiFi or Cell Towers out in the middle of the ocean on his luxury yacht.

• fire
Reactions: Bo_Hazem
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Yeah good luck with that. There's no way Key people at the top is gonna leave their studio after building it up 15 years and finally having a massive game... To go work at Xbox to start over again.

Key people alone don't make a game successful otherwise they wouldn't need a team. And I can safely say Arrowhead isn't gonna sell to Microsoft.

Exactly. If you look at it, Sony only bought successful studios, and Microsoft bought failing company in Zenimax and a bloated company that the CEO wanted cash in and succeeded in ABK. MS is so shit in management they couldn't make shit out of their existing studios, now they'll run the whole company to the shitter.

Last edited:

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
"We were totally going to release Halo Helldivers guys. We actually are really good at making great games, you just can't tell."

Actually, rereading this, Gene's wording is absolutely disgusting. "Nothing is more frustrating to see someone else succeed on your very good idea" Helldivers 2 was not Halo/343's idea. Nobody is succeeding off of your "idea" (doesn't exist except in your brain) they simply beat you to a successful design. Absolutely deranged thinking here.
lmaooooo fuck gene park
Helldivers 2 builds on Helldivers’ 1 ideas. No one else should take credit but Arrowhead.

Gene can’t help himself to take shots at PS devs.
Gene is the same clown who said “PS can’t create a game like Halo Infinite”.