Helldivers 2 Review and |OT| "Fight for freedom, fight for Democracy"

Vaolor

27 Oct 2023
The premium sub-machine you get from super citizen edition is definitely not the way to go if you're solo. It eats up ammo too fast and if your enemy has any armor, you're dead.

Also matchmaking isn't working at all. I've dropped the SOS beacon on every mission I've done and tried to quickplay and so far no one's hopped in a match and the connection always fails when I try quickplay.

Also for people who want to know how to find POIs without wandering over the whole map just bring up the map and then simply drag your finger slowly across the touchpad/move the cursor over the map and it will reveal points of interest when your cursor intersects them. Found 100 supercredits on my first level but just know some points of interest require two people to press a button together to open a door, you can't open it solo.

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
I'm playing now, no issues so far although controls feel foreign to me but we shall see.
I am at the final test of the basic training, so I don't have any experience yet. But the controls do seem weird, but I will get used to them I am sure. I have never played a game where you call in drops by using the d-pad and follow the LEFT LEFT UP RIGHT, etc to call in the drop. Good thing I can look at the screen to see what I need to press 😂

Opening cutscene was funny. Graphics looked great during the cutscene. During training, the graphics seem, hmmm, normal? I will finish up the basic training after work tonight and hit the battlefield!

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I am at the final test of the basic training, so I don't have any experience yet. But the controls do seem weird, but I will get used to them I am sure. I have never played a game where you call in drops by using the d-pad and follow the LEFT LEFT UP RIGHT, etc to call in the drop. Good thing I can look at the screen to see what I need to press 😂

Opening cutscene was funny. Graphics looked great during the cutscene. During training, the graphics seem, hmmm, normal? I will finish up the basic training after work tonight and hit the battlefield!
The controls feel better during missions, idk in tutorial it feels so restrictive.

• Informative
Reactions: KvallyX

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I'm playing now, no issues so far although controls feel foreign to me but we shall see.
Switching languages from Russian to English, you pillock, should fix the problem.

Russian GIF by Italia's Got Talent

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Can't stop laughing...

Casuals realizing this ain't COD and strategems ain't killstreak rewards.

"How does this even work?" :LOL::ROFLMAO:

I guess any game that requires a brain is probably too much for your COD fanatic 😂

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Can't find ppl on "quick play" how are ppl playing otherwise with ppl on coop? Found a game then failed smh!

Some people have found success turning off the crossplay option and restarting, a common tactic during a wonky launch.
But it might just be placebo, although it doesn't hurt to try.
But yeah, quickplay is a bit dicey right now from what I've read online. The best is to play with other people and not randoms through the matchmaking.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Some people have found success turning off the crossplay option and restarting, a common tactic during a wonky launch.
But yeah, quickplay is a bit dicey right now from what I've read online. The best is to play with other people and not randoms through the matchmaking.
I did the opposite, turned it on because I couldn't join a game. I'll restart though.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
This is a good point, I remember doing it in Diablo 4; I turned it off at the start of season 1, fixed a lot of large issues for me.

Unfoturently did not fix all the other problems the game had then.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Since I was threadbanned from another thread for the reason of being insulted, I want to add here that the reason this anti-cheat pisses me and others is because it acts as a rootkit and has pretty much low level access to your whole machine. Anybody willingly agreeing to provide low level access to their machine, especially with such a shitty provider, is just asking for trouble if that provider is ever compromised.

For those unaware, a rootkit can be used as malware to gain control of an entire machine remotely.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
70% user rating would actually be good for a online only game tbh. Divisive score for much maligned genres from forum folk is pretty commonplace.

I glad the work push is over so I can cut out a bit early today 😁