Helldivers 2 Review and |OT| "Fight for freedom, fight for Democracy"

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I only played one mission after the tutorial but it's already pretty fun. Excellent controls and graphics. Can't wait to do my first online mission.
You're Going to DIE!

Denise Richards Smile GIF

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Early Steam reviews give it a 51%: they claim the game is good but crashes frequently, and it uses DRM (some claim it's nProtect Gameguard and that causes crashes "wrongly detecting them as cheaters", the matchmaking is broken (so you can only play with friends as of now). Some complain about many unlocks being under a battlepass.

Some claim it's unoptimized even for high end PCs (a few also claim no DLSS/FSR) and isn't Steam Deck ready.

Last edited:

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Early Steam reviews give it a 51%: they claim the game is good but crashes frequently, the matchmaking is broken (so you can only play with friends as of now) and it uses DRM (some claim it's nProtect Gameguard and that causes crashes).
Early steam reviews are often worthless for online games as any server problems like the matchmaking issue will drag the score down. Come back in a few days to see it's real score.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Early steam reviews are often worthless for online games as any server problems like the matchmaking issue will drag the score down. Come back in a few days to see it's real score.
Yes, seeing it was top 1 in sales and these folks coming from a smaller game pretty likely means their server are on fire saturated with a lot of people trying to play at the same time, and would need maybe a handful days to scale and rebalance the servers.

Many say in the reviews that as they fix this issue will change the review.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Early Steam reviews give it a 51%: they claim the game is good but crashes frequently, and it uses DRM (some claim it's nProtect Gameguard and that causes crashes "wrongly detecting them as cheaters", the matchmaking is broken (so you can only play with friends as of now). Some complain about many unlocks being under a battlepass.

Some claim it's unoptimized even for high end PCs (a few also claim no DLSS/FSR) and isn't Steam Deck ready.
This info has been discussed and can be the steam mixed review thread as well. .

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Cross play settings could be broken. Anyone try testing if that’s part of the issues? It’s not unheard of.

It’ll be worth turning it off to help a more stable console experience if the case. Hopefully

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I was able to finish a fuel resupply mission by myself. It was nerve-wracking but manageable. I died once but I respawn right away and I don't think I lost any progress 🤔

Reactions: Bryank75