Helldivers 2 Review and |OT| "Fight for freedom, fight for Democracy"

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I'm playing solo and I'm having so much fun! There's no penalty for dying as far as I can see, you just respawn close to your body. I will go online...eventually.

I just did a mission on the red planet with Automatons and I won 16 medals! I was able to unlock lots of stuff on the warbond progression.
wow, 16 medals!

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Is it a bug? On the results screen I saw 1 medal but then I had 16 on the Acquisitions board (I bought the grenade and the 100 credit before the mission so I had like nothing left). I was confused.
16 was maybe your total? You accumulate them in different ways, e.g. Difficulty, can find them in levels, etc.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Been playing solo. The game is so much fun if played with a team, I think. Gonna skip playing for now and continue the amazing Avatar until I get a team to play with.
You can jump in on my games whenever you see me on.

• fire
Reactions: Bo_Hazem
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Also just wanna ask: What did you name your ship?

I called my "Claw of Law".
OH damn I forgot think I just left it generic like "destroyer" bcus I was editing other things lol. I'll probably name it Blood Monger or something 😂 I always put Blood in my names due to my love for Bloodborne.

• fire
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
OH damn I forgot think I just left it generic like "destroyer" bcus I was editing other things lol. I'll probably name it Blood Monger or something 😂 I always put Blood in my names due to my love for Bloodborne.

You have somehow a limited choice of words though. But could make something epic and something stupid as well, haha.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
16 was maybe your total? You accumulate them in different ways, e.g. Difficulty, can find them in levels, etc.
No it's not my total because I had enough medals to reach the second page and buy the banner and stuff. I probably found them during the mission. I'll explore more next time since I have tons of time left after completing the objectives.

FYI, you don't have to extract to finish the mission. I died before I could extract and I still had mission complete (Reinforce are lives so you die 5 times).

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Is it a bug? On the results screen I saw 1 medal but then I had 16 on the Acquisitions board (I bought the grenade and the 100 credit before the mission so I had like nothing left). I was confused.
The amount of medals depends on the difficulty. More difficulty, bigger bugs and more medals. In fact, the missions are different in each difficulty level.

As you complete a few missions you'll unlock harder difficulty levels.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Just finished my first mission on the Steam Deck, and I'm kind of shocked that it worked.

Anti cheat is NOT broken on SteamOS, contrary to speculation I've seen. You can absolutely play this game online.

Performance in game is mixed. I averaged around 27fps using the Performance resolution scale, and medium->high graphics settings. Not great, but serviceable.

At low settings with native res, I get around 38fps

At low settings with ultra performance scaling, Im getting 60fps, but it looks like a Switch game. Smoke shaders look insanely pixelated, and foliage is super jaggy.

Unfortunately I encountered general weirdness out of gameplay. The first run took a couple minutes to get to an in-game screen. I was beginning to think it was broken, but eventually it did start. Not sure if that was an anti cheat initialization thing, or a shader compilation or what. Subsequent launches are normal. I think there's a few bugs in the game that show up more obviously on a low power CPU. Changing the resolution scale will reliably make the game hang.

Overall this is pretty impressive. I wasn't expecting it to work at all. When Valve gets around to rating it, they'll probably say Playable. If Arrowhead does an optimized Deck mode and fixes some of the general issues, I could see it get Verified.

Last edited:

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
Can we start a list ot a thread for PSN names to play this game with? Info is all over the pages and we need a system to share (if we want) and get added to play the game.