Helldivers 2 Review and |OT| "Fight for freedom, fight for Democracy"

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Can we start a list ot a thread for PSN names to play this game with? Info is all over the pages and we need a system to share (if we want) and get added to play the game.
If you would like to make a Thread for this feel free to make it in:
As soon as i or another mod notice it made we will sticky it (y)

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Controls are solid out of the box. Very rare that I didn’t need to mess around with default to find it playable. And there’s more options on console the usual for adjustments.

Sway cone is actually neat. You can go into first person ADS metal gear solid 2 style by clicking r3. It resets all the time. Hope the option is there to keep it as default.

Might switch to bumpers in keybinds for my fire button etc.

Never seen anti-aliasing on console as a selectable option. I put it on an no performance hit just yet. Blur to 0% and depth of field off.

Was too tired. Hope to get a few hours in this weekend.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Can we start a list ot a thread for PSN names to play this game with? Info is all over the pages and we need a system to share (if we want) and get added to play the game.
I made a post about that previously or maybe a thread previously but it didn't gain much traction so feel fee to make a post about ppl sharing their id's to join again. If I find my original I'll bump it up if not just create one.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Update everyone. As per Metacritic reviews will go up on the site starting today at 3pm Eastern time.
Most gaming press and streamers didn't receive a code until the release day and it's a live service game. Which means people who are profesional will take at least some days more to make a review with score.

But if they notice it's performing great in Steam they may do something -like an 'in progress' review- to get some clicks. First one I see in OpenCritic:
https://www.ggrecon.com/articles/helldivers-2-review-in-progress/

"

The Verdict So Far​

Helldivers 2 keeps kicking me in the rear end, and I can't help but respect it. Visiting its warzones often feels like a one-way trip, to the point where I'm surprised to make it through.

And yet, like a grizzled veteran who's seen some s**t, I've got a smile on my face every time I drop."

Last edited:

avenovah

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Helldivers 2 keeps kicking me in the rear end, and I can't help but respect it. Visiting its warzones often feels like a one-way trip, to the point where I'm surprised to make it through.

And yet, like a grizzled veteran who's seen some s**t, I've got a smile on my face every time I drop.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Most gaming press and streamers didn't receive a code until the release day and it's a live service game. Which means people who are profesional will take at least some days more to make a review with score.

But if they notice it's performing great in Steam they may do something -like an 'in progress' review- to get some clicks. First one I see in OpenCritic:
https://www.ggrecon.com/articles/helldivers-2-review-in-progress/
I've seen a few in progress. Best it's this way so they get a chance to let online settle in and sink their teeth into the mp.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Cant wait for the mech update!
No bs though this game is addictive and I love it. I love the DualSense haptics and vibration when you lift off going to the planet, it gets me really hype. Gunplay is also really good. I mean you really feel like your in a fucking war 😂 im here diving behind rocks, crawling, trying to figure out when to drop my turret and how, since a billion lazers are passing by me.

Kudos to the team to translating their game very well into the 3D space.

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
oh yeah we had a mission crash right at the extraction screen, no bueno. we still got thee mission completion but it showed us as all failing to extract lol.

also apparently hold square to change firing modes permanently on some weapons

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gamernyc78

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Btw dual sense haptics work on PC. It's great that this is becoming a standard from PS games. Early efforts only worked over USB, but Bluetooth is good now. The only stuff that doesn't work equivalent to PS5 is the mic/speaker.