Helldivers 2 Review and |OT| "Fight for freedom, fight for Democracy"

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
oh yeah we had a mission crash right at the extraction screen, no bueno. we still got thee mission completion but it showed us as all failing to extract lol.

also apparently hold square to change firing modes permanently on some weapons
Nice, thnks. Just played three 40!min ganes, no issue. This game is too fun. I love it.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Can we start a list ot a thread for PSN names to play this game with? Info is all over the pages and we need a system to share (if we want) and get added to play the game.

Anyone who wants to add me, it's the same: Bo_Hazem. Just send me a message telling me like "I'm ApolloHelios from IE" because some people don't have the same naming on PSN.

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Controls are solid out of the box. Very rare that I didn’t need to mess around with default to find it playable. And there’s more options on console the usual for adjustments.

Sway cone is actually neat. You can go into first person ADS metal gear solid 2 style by clicking r3. It resets all the time. Hope the option is there to keep it as default.

Might switch to bumpers in keybinds for my fire button etc.

Never seen anti-aliasing on console as a selectable option. I put it on an no performance hit just yet. Blur to 0% and depth of field off.

Was too tired. Hope to get a few hours in this weekend.

Yeah I put that aiming mode to "Global". So when you've chosen FPV when aiming it stays that way in all your weapons until you change it to 3PV. Much better that way.

Here at "Remember Aim Mode", set it at (Global).

6b38c-17074415331213-1920.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
image.png

survey_url = "https ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ"

I am unable to connect to any matchmaking session. I am unsure if it's my home network or the servers.
Message from the devs:

Quickplay not working

The Problem:

This is one of our most significant issues in the game right now. It manifests itself when you attempt to join a mission at the War Table on the ship, and you see a "Failed to join game lobby" message.

Why It Happens:
There's a problem with how we're finding valid matches for you, when you attempt to matchmake, and it gets worse with a very large player base. The core of the problem is that the matchmaking is attempting to put you into the same game as a lot of other players.

Frequency:
This happened at launch for almost all players who have attempted to use Quickplay, either on PC or PlayStation. Over the last twelve hours, it's reduced for the PC community, but is still prevalent for PlayStation users.

What We've Done / Are Doing:
We put out a patch yesterday that took the Quickplay success rate on Quickplay attempts from about 5-10% to about 75-80%, with a fair bit of regional variability. This is just a fix on PC at the moment, but an emergency PlayStation fix is coming out in the next four hours. Watch this space.

Last edited:
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
image.png

Message from the devs:

Quickplay not working

The Problem:

This is one of our most significant issues in the game right now. It manifests itself when you attempt to join a mission at the War Table on the ship, and you see a "Failed to join game lobby" message.

Why It Happens:
There's a problem with how we're finding valid matches for you, when you attempt to matchmake, and it gets worse with a very large player base. The core of the problem is that the matchmaking is attempting to put you into the same game as a lot of other players.

Frequency:
This happened at launch for almost all players who have attempted to use Quickplay, either on PC or PlayStation. Over the last twelve hours, it's reduced for the PC community, but is still prevalent for PlayStation users.

We put out a patch yesterday that took the Quickplay success rate on Quickplay attempts from about 5-10% to about 75-80%, with a fair bit of regional variability. This is just a fix on PC at the moment, but an emergency PlayStation fix is coming out in the next four hours. Watch this space.

Showed me this:ROFLMAO: One dev is trolling

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
In addition to the network related problems, Helldivers definitely has some Cyberpunk-style jank going on. I've seen rocket launchers stuck hovering in space. There's an animation when you enter your ship showing like a tram of helldiver pods zipping through before releasing your player. I've seen it where your player is just frozen at the door while all the pods clip through you. Weird collision/physics stuff in the game code that probably affects both platforms.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
image.png

Message from the devs:

Quickplay not working

The Problem:

Why It Happens:

Frequency:

Yeah, it’s 0% for me lol

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Steam user review score went up considerably.
Just goes to show much the temperature of scores is related to performance.

Of course, any game that releases and gets a 50-60%~ score in the first day on Steam means technical issues.
People don't leave quick reviews for anything else.
First few hours especially is basically a vibe check on the technical realities of a game.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
In addition to the network related problems, Helldivers definitely has some Cyberpunk-style jank going on. I've seen rocket launchers stuck hovering in space. There's an animation when you enter your ship showing like a tram of helldiver pods zipping through before releasing your player. I've seen it where your player is just frozen at the door while all the pods clip through you. Weird collision/physics stuff in the game code that probably affects both platforms.

Jank will get ironed out

People forget Arrowhead is like 120-130 devs, its not Activision, Ubisoft, EA, Rockstar…etc