Helldivers 2 Review and |OT| "Fight for freedom, fight for Democracy"

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Steam user review score went up considerably.

Just goes to show much the temperature of scores is related to performance.
Steam is definitely attached more to performance in regards to ratings. Those nerds get mad when they see any little issue lol klong but not. But yeah thry have valid points to complain about online not working initially, it's settling down now though.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
tbd
Metro GameCentral
Helldivers 2 Critic Review
Although it’s undoubtedly fun, the biggest question for Helldivers 2 is its longevity and variety. We haven’t played enough to judge that yet but then longevity is always difficult to discuss with a live service game, whose future plans are always in a state of flux. However, especially with its sensible price tag, this is definitely the best of the month’s online-only shooters, even if much of the appeal comes from shooting the wrong targets. [Review in Progress]

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Bo_Hazem
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
even if much of the appeal comes from shooting the wrong targets.
Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023

Hey everyone,

Okay, we have another build for PC. Since we launched, we've worked hard at solving some persistent crashes and bugs, especially the matchmaking issues you've likely seen and felt by now. In this new build, we've managed to improve the matchmaking success rate further, but unfortunately, it's not all the way there yet. The full solution might take additional days of work before it's fully functional. By the way, we have noticed that it works best if you join an active game by searching on planets rather than triggering Quickplay.

In this build, we've also addressed three other crashes. Please refer to the patch notes for more info on that. Additionally, Sagar had mentioned earlier that we hoped to send you a PlayStation patch today, but it's proving to take a little longer than expected.

Thank you for your patience. While we're getting this out as soon as we can, the thing that keeps us going is seeing all your awesome videos, stories, and reactions online. They're as good as Element-710 at fueling our brains over here!
/Micke

New patch for PC to address part of the matchmaking issues just released like 10 minutes ago.
Don't know when the PlayStation 5 one is going to launch, I think they said they also are aiming to release it today but PC vs console patch deployment is a tad different.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
So…

This is definitely an action arcade online game. It’s been years since I played the first but everything is familiar and it’s pretty much the same game bur juiced up and evolved.

They’ve absolutely delivered on gunplay. That much is clear early on. I know I’m in for a long haul so very much interested to see the rest of the launch package and its future.

It is very much designed for co-op. Solo is not so casual friendly. Once I do some more in solo queue and understand the game better I’ll jump into matchmaking for the rest of it in quick play.