Helldivers 2 Review and |OT| "Fight for freedom, fight for Democracy"

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Pro tip: get the autocannon and shoot the massive 3-floor high mushrooms that create the fog with 1-2 shots max. It would make the game much more easier.
i was orbital striking them but it only alleviated the problem a little

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Autocannon🌚

reload after passing mid magazine to fast reload and lose no bullets.

I just unlocked the autocannon on the second to last round I played tonight, it feels like a better anti-materiel rifle but not a huge fan of the half mag reloads

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I think some big public events would be awesome.

Like some massive bugs that 4 teams spawn in to take down.

Also cant wait for the mechs... hope they eventually have tanks & titan size mechs etc. Things could get really wild.
Bro you gotta play on higher difficulty

Automaton missions are absolutely insane

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
I just unlocked the autocannon on the second to last round I played tonight, it feels like a better anti-materiel rifle but not a huge fan of the half mag reloads

This is probably the only gun that you can reload at half mag without losing a single bullet because each mag consists of 2 patches of mags. If you dry it out it takes two reloads actually which makes it longer than anticipated. half or even 1 bullet left then you reload half a mag is the way to go to stay agile if you reload solo.

• Informative
Reactions: anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
This is probably the only gun that you can reload at half mag without losing a single bullet because each mag consists of 2 patches of mags. If you dry it out it takes two reloads actually which makes it longer than anticipated. half or even 1 bullet left then you reload half a mag is the way to go to stay agile if you reload solo.
oh, wasn't aware of that. that actually is pretty cool, can you dive out of the animation after a single reload or does it stay at empty?

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman

oh, wasn't aware of that. that actually is pretty cool, can you dive out of the animation after a single reload or does it stay at empty?

I think you can't but not 100% sure. Need to try that. Safe thing to do when fully empty is to hide of course. It's faster than reloading the early machine gun IIRC.

• Informative
Reactions: anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
i love this game, fucking weird, it really wasn’t on my radar at all
yeah tbh it's kind of taken over, can't stop thinking about it even when i'm not playing lol. I hope sony sees this and recognizes that a lot of people who play games aren't put off by difficulty, in fact one of the things that draws people to games is the fun of overcoming challenge. I really hate that some devs get the idea in their heads that things have to be super easy so everyone can complete the story, no mf it cheapens the experience

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Autocannon? What is its real name?

The score I predicted xD

But over a hundred reviews more should come later if they still care about doing it after the stuff gets fixed.
Yeah waiting for more reviews to come in and it to settle to really take a look at the meta.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
yeah tbh it's kind of taken over, can't stop thinking about it even when i'm not playing lol. I hope sony sees this and recognizes that a lot of people who play games aren't put off by difficulty, in fact one of the things that draws people to games is the fun of overcoming challenge. I really hate that some devs get the idea in their heads that things have to be super easy so everyone can complete the story, no mf it cheapens the experience
I don't play any gameower than hard difficulty and if a game is to easy I usually drop it fast.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
I'm enjoying the game but this is one of the buggiest games I've played in a while. Getting stuck out of bounds loading into ships, stuck in geometry when landing hellpod, being unable to respawn despite several beacons being thrown down (and therefore not being able to extract), matchmaking still spotty. Hopefully they can fix it soon because the game is great when it's working well.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I’m not going to complain about the game being something it’s not. Just starting to realize that I enjoy online games that also have an equally rewarding single player component as its multiplayer game. This is where I understand I prefer things like Destiny, Monster Hunter World or Remnant 2.

It’s fun. It’s does cool shit all day. Helldivers feels like an intense pick up and play pvp game but it’s pve. The way you drop into missions and do a thing or two is like jumping into PvP quick play. This reminds me of going to arcades and playing capcom beat em ups but way more crazy and fun.

Because it’s designed like this… gameplay bugs can also sour experience a bit. Last nights bugs were out of hand post patch and it was honestly frustrating.

Exoprimal probably wanted these kind of results … heh

PvP could be added and I’d welcome it in this setting and gameplay. A variation of division’s dark zone for instance etc… but I think it’s safe to say that arrowhead will be focused on the pve game and player needs for it before considering branching out.

Last edited:
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
I’m not going to complain about the game being something it’s not. Just starting to realize that I enjoy online games that also have an equally rewarding single player component as its multiplayer game. This is where I understand I prefer things like Destiny, Monster Hunter World or Remnant 2.

It’s fun. It’s does cool shit all day. Helldivers feels like an intense pick up and play pvp game but it’s pve. The way you drop into missions is and do a thing or two is like jumping into PvP quick play. This reminds me of going to arcades and playing capcom beat em ups but way more crazy and fun.

Because it’s designed like this… gameplay bugs can also sour experience a bit. Last nights bugs were out of hand post patch and it was honestly frustrating.

Exoprimal probably wanted these kind of results … heh

Actually something I thought it was a bug is the stratagem getting confused and you throw and airstrike instead of like support gun etc. One guy said it's due to the jammers around by the enemy. Not sure if true because the game doesn't explain much.

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Actually something I thought it was a bug is the stratagem getting confused and you throw and airstrike instead of like support gun etc. One guy said it's due to the jammers around by the enemy. Not sure if true because the game doesn't explains much.

All things considered I do think this was a good launch. There have been much worse where games are literally unplayable for days kinda.

But the bugs are there. Kinda apprehensive into getting into harder stuff because of it. I’m more than okay with playing sparingly and waiting for updates and fixes. Others not so much and often wish death upon devs… fhankfully we haven’t seen that kind of madness yet.