Helldivers 2 Review and |OT| "Fight for freedom, fight for Democracy"

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Can a game like this have a battle royale mode too?
In terms of game design and server programming PvE and PvP are highly different games. It would be almost like to make a new game.

On top of that, inside PvP games it's also highly different to handle a match between a few players, lets say under a dozen, in a relatively small stage, and to make an open world game with a hundred players. Again, it would be like to almost make a new game.

Still waiting on aggregate reviews.
They weren't able to play until launch, and I assume they'll wait more because first they may be waiting until the login, matchmaking and rewards issues get totally fixes and second they may want to experience it for at least some days or weeks to see how the progression is.

Because this type of MP GaaS titles aren't something you can complete in a few days, but instead are designed to be played during months or years. So they need at least some days to get first impressions of the whole picture.

As an example, I didn't realize until yesterday that you'll be able to get the premium Warbond for free just playing the game, and that the game has tons of cool free unlockbles like drones and a jetpack, or that the premium warbond weapons may be cool but aren't as good or useful as the ones you unlock in the free warbond.

Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I keep thinking about this game when I'm not playing. Even at night I have the music playing in my head 🤦

Monkey What GIF

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
the toughest thing so far up to extreme difficulty is gauging when to reload, i'm so used to games that preserve bullets between magazines that it's tempting to reload after a couple of burst fires if there's a break in the fighting but it just ends up wasting ammo

Reactions: Bo_Hazem
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I'd imagine since the game seemingly couldn't be played by anyone until launch, reviews are only just now being worked on and written.
Metacritic had a statement saying reviewers should wait to review after a few days, something to that effect.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Patch 1.000.005 notes

Patch 1.000.005 is out on Steam

Hello Helldivers,
This morning, we gathered the best engineers Super Earth can muster to look at the main issues that are impacting your experience and to fix them.

These issues are caused mostly by having so many players in the game and server capacity creating unexpected behaviors.

Let me update you on what we did so far with the latest patch being deployed:
  • Server Capacity and log in access:
  • We have eased the authentication request overall.
  • We have improved error message visibility and added a countdown timer to clearly show when a new attempt will be made.
  • Progression and mission reward not being granted:
  • We fixed the daily and difficulty progression error
  • Based on the testing we have done we believe we have fixed future mission rewards but will continue to monitor this closely as it is our top priority
  • To compensate for lost rewards, we are working on an increased reward event

Thanks for being awesome and supporting our devs and remember, as we say in my country….
Liberté, Fraternité, Égalité
- Alex Bolle
Taken from steam community page

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
TikTok is loving this game

I think the kind of wacky emergent gameplay scenario that can happen within this game is something that gives the game a lot of viral potential.

You can see the effects of this on the Steam Canada/US store.

Canada
#1 Regular Edition
#2 Deluxe Edition
#6 Upgrade to Deluxe

US
#1 Regular Edition
#2 Deluxe Edition
#4 Upgrade to Deluxe

Game is selling better(relative to the competition) than it was 2 days ago, which is not typical for new releases.
Showing the game has good sales momentum despite the very real technical issues.

Twitch and/or social media in general is sure to be a big part of this.
Game is currently at 82k viewers on Twitch which was pretty much the same numbers as when the game was being sponsored on Day 1-2.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I think the kind of wacky emergent gameplay scenario that can happen within this game is something that gives the game a lot of viral potential.

You can see the effects of this on the Steam Canada/US store.

Canada
#1 Regular Edition
#2 Deluxe Edition
#6 Upgrade to Deluxe

US
#1 Regular Edition
#2 Deluxe Edition
#4 Upgrade to Deluxe

Game is selling better(relative to the competition) than it was 2 days ago, which is not typical for new releases.
Showing the game has good sales momentum despite the very real technical issues.

Twitch and/or social media in general is sure to be a big part of this.
Game is currently at 82k viewers on Twitch which was pretty much the same numbers as when the game was being sponsored on Day 1-2.
Word of mouth is going to take this farther. It's just a good, fun game.