Helldivers 2 Review and |OT| "Fight for freedom, fight for Democracy"

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I’m done trying to play this solo. Not having that much fun at all solo. Not with the amount of bugs either. Too much bullshit especially with dive being broken now? . In fact it just angers me most of the time.
Notice that there is a difficulty selector in the mission select map. When playing solo use an easier one until you master the game and unlock key weapons and stratagems.

Battle pass being the only reward system and progression is lame too.
It isn't the only reward and progression system.

With XP, probes samples and other currencies you can unlock ship upgrades for different passive or secondary skills a ton of stratagems that are extra weapons, special attacks, or even drones (I love laser one) or a jetpack (great for snipers), turrets and more.

There's also the daily or global orders/missions and the global progression in the planets map, which gives you extra rewards and unlocks new planets. If you raise the difficulty there are new enemies and I think new mission types (not sure if exclusive from there).

There's a ton of cool unlockables in the stratagems and ship upgrades, that will require pretty likely some hundreds of gameplay hours to unlock everything, but with every handful missions you have something to unlock in any of the three unlock types (warbonds, stratagems, ship upgrades).

I saw someone say helldive difficulty was easy lol

I did hard and the party got wiped within 5 minutes
The difficulty highly varies depending on the diificulty level, but also the amount of players, the weapons and stratagems equipped, and the specific mission.

One mission can be super difficult, but you can play another one and would be pretty easier. For me, playing solo in hard is very hard. With people is approachable, but after having played over 40 hours and having unlocked many things tike top tier turrets, the laser drone and other great stratagems.

Helldive should be impossible for me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Notice that there is a difficulty selector in the mission select map. When playing solo use an easier one until you master the game and unlock key weapons and stratagems.

It isn't the only reward and progression system.

With XP, probes samples and other currencies you can unlock ship upgrades for different passive or secondary skills a ton of stratagems that are extra weapons, special attacks, or even drones (I love laser one) or a jetpack (great for snipers), turrets and more.

There's also the daily or global orders/missions and the global progression in the planets mp, which gives you extra rewards and unlocks new planets. If you raise the difficulty there are new enemies and I think new mission types (not sure if exclusive from there).
Good advice.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Hennessy-Pure-White-Cognac.jpg

+

helldivers2-1684972836077.jpg

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I saw someone say helldive difficulty was easy lol

I did hard and the party got wiped within 5 minutes
Hard is a good difficulty. You just have to be aware of your surroundings and have the right loadouts.

#1 - you need a heavy killer weapon. This could be the expendable anti tank (although really should be a supplemental weapon), the recoilless, or the autocannon. Autocannon is amazing vs robots, kills the at-st in a single shot to the undercarriage or legs.
#2 - stick together. Going rambo unless you're a godly player is a quick way to cause breaches and get overrun
#3 - stop engaging every patrol you see. If fighting is unavoidable then group up and wipe it as fast as possible before they can call a reinforce
#4 - check your radars often.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Hard is a good difficulty. You just have to be aware of your surroundings and have the right loadouts.

#1 - you need a heavy killer weapon. This could be the expendable anti tank (although really should be a supplemental weapon), the recoilless, or the autocannon. Autocannon is amazing vs robots, kills the at-st in a single shot to the undercarriage or legs.
#2 - stick together. Going rambo unless you're a godly player is a quick way to cause breaches and get overrun
#3 - stop engaging every patrol you see. If fighting is unavoidable then group up and wipe it as fast as possible before they can call a reinforce
#4 - check your radars often.
Hard is difficulty I play on mostly buy extreme cam be gd fun too.

D

Deleted member 223

Extreme is the sweet ride for me.

Game needs better balancing imo.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
I’m done trying to play this solo. Not having that much fun at all solo. Not with the amount of bugs either. Too much bullshit especially with dive being broken now? . In fact it just angers me most of the time.

Battle pass being the only reward system and progression is lame too.

I’m sticking with it but definitely not crazy about it yet. Gonna go back to remnant 2 to fill the co-op gap tbh.
I do think the progression system is one of the weaker elements of the game. It doesn't engage me really, so I think it could use a few tweaks. But it absolutely needs to be coop, especially in harder difficulties.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I do think the progression system is one of the weaker elements of the game. It doesn't engage me really, so I think it could use a few tweaks. But it absolutely needs to be coop, especially in harder difficulties.
Hmmm I dint have issue with progression I think it actualky does it at a great pace and it's not a slog to progress.