Helldivers 2 Review and |OT| "Fight for freedom, fight for Democracy"

Nix

14 Feb 2024
Quick question -

I know Helldivers 2 is built to be played as a co-op game and whatnot but can you play fully solo like you can in Division 1/2 and Outriders? Or are you required to have human/AI companions/partners with you at all times? Thanks.
You can play solo, it's hard and not as fun as coop though.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Quick question -

I know Helldivers 2 is built to be played as a co-op game and whatnot but can you play fully solo like you can in Division 1/2 and Outriders? Or are you required to have human/AI companions/partners with you at all times? Thanks.
You can solo but it's much harder.

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Quick question -

You can manage it solo. I even tried today playing solo in Challenging difficulty with the Automatons "robots" which are notorious. Seems like the game adjusts to the party. It got like 10x harder when some random guy joined, lol. So overall you can do it even some are doing solo in Helldive (level 9 difficulty).

But some doors require 2 people to open to get the loot. Played with plenty of random people even made new friends, it's worth trying that.

• Shake
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Quick question -

Solo kinda sucks. I tried this way and it gimps its appeal.

It’s not the best game to dive in for solo play. In solo queue? Sure. You don’t need a dedicated team to run with. You’re just better off always being match made at least.

It doesn’t doesn’t have single player game built in like Destiny, division, remnant 2 or outriders etc. would also.

Reactions: flaccidsnake

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
83MC so far with 39 reviews, as I predicted:
https://www.metacritic.com/game/helldivers-2/

Normally I'd say that they need more time, that more reviews should come because they didn't get a code weeks before release and couldn't properly play it at launch due to the server saturation issues, so that they may do them later.

But I'm started to think some won't do the review because of being butthurted for not getting a code earlier, and because other ones may thing that once they can properly play it enough to make a review would be too late to publish it because the clicks may have moved to the next big game.

Only Opencritic counts because it has all reviews under one umbrella. :D

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I was just now thinking of how much cross promo potential this game has and how they can eventually fuse it with some of Sony's other IP's.

New Planets with enemy types from Rachet & Clank Universe

Maybe Helghast from Killzone universe

Some Grunt, Dark Makers, Babak's, Guards from Jak's universe lol.

Bring over some Freakers and Clickers and Bloodborne enemies for Halloween

My mind is running wild here but the potential is there 🤣

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Quick question -

You can play all the easy and trivial missions by yourself with the right stratagems. Just run around and throw your gatling sentry or call orbital.

Medium is getting harder but I was able to launch a Nuke by myself. It was so exhilarating, I was sweating all over 🥵

Once you unlock the jump pack, autocannon and the drone you can do even more.

That's about 20 hours of gameplay for $40. You'll get your money's worth easily.

By then you'll be comfortable going online. Turn off your mic and pretend they're bots 😅

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
You can manage it solo. I even tried today playing solo in Challenging difficulty with the Automatons "robots" which are notorious. Seems like the game adjusts to the party. It got like 10x harder when some random guy joined, lol. So overall you can do it even some are doing solo in Helldive (level 9 difficulty).

But some doors require 2 people to open to get the loot. Played with plenty of random people even made new friends, it's worth trying that.

This sounds good then. Loot requiring two people to get is disappointing but understandable. When the time comes, I will be playing on easy, hehehe.

Solo kinda sucks. I tried this way and it gimps its appeal.

It’s not the best game to dive in for solo play. In solo queue? Sure. You don’t need a dedicated team to run with. You’re just better off always being match made at least.

It doesn’t doesn’t have single player game built in like Destiny, division, remnant 2 or outriders etc. would also.

I'm more into the game for the combat/gameplay loop. Third person shooters are probably my favorite type of game and there's few of them but I will try playing solo and see what happens when the time comes.

You can play all the easy and trivial missions by yourself with the right stratagems. Just run around and throw your gatling sentry or call orbital.

Medium is getting harder but I was able to launch a Nuke by myself. It was so exhilarating, I was sweating all over 🥵

Once you unlock the jump pack, autocannon and the drone you can do even more.

That's about 20 hours of gameplay for $40. You'll get your money's worth easily.

By then you'll be comfortable going online. Turn off your mic and pretend they're bots 😅

Good to know that solo is possible on easy and perhaps even medium to some extent. It will be a while before I play the game but wanted to know how doable the game is solo.

Thanks everyone. :)

D

Deleted member 223

I was just now thinking of how much cross promo potential this game has and how they can eventually fuse it with some of Sony's other IP's.

New Planets with enemy types from Rachet & Clank Universe

Maybe Helghast from Killzone universe

Some Grunt, Dark Makers, Babak's, Guards from Jak's universe lol.

Bring over some Freakers and Clickers and Bloodborne enemies for Halloween

My mind is running wild here but the potential is there 🤣
That's a good way to monetize actually. Right on the money.

• Shake
Reactions: Danja

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
83MC so far with 39 reviews, as I predicted:
https://www.metacritic.com/game/helldivers-2/

Normally I'd say that they need more time, that more reviews should come because they didn't get a code weeks before release and couldn't properly play it at launch due to the server saturation issues, so that they may do them later.

But I'm started to think some won't do the review because of being butthurted for not getting a code earlier, and because other ones may thing that once they can properly play it enough to make a review would be too late to publish it because the clicks may have moved to the next big game.
The actual buzz around the game since release will do the job.

I mean, how many kids got fortnite because of metacritics? 2 or 3 at most.