Helldivers 2 Review and |OT| "Fight for freedom, fight for Democracy"

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Nice to see robots back, a new mission type and specially a game update focused on important crashes and freezes bugfixes.

I see they have many friendlist related bugs in their "know issues" list. It would be nice to have somewhere soon a another bugfix focused update, this time focused on such friends related issues.
I was able to accept a cross platform friend request (ps player requesting me on pc) after the update yesterday, ymmv

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
btw the new ship upgrade that resupplies your support weapons is broken, don't buy til fixed
It's nice to see them releasing a ton of updates with fixes and new content. But I wish they would take additional time to test and bugfix more to make sure that the stuff they release in a more polished state.

Yesterday I played a new automaton missions, one of these "tower defense" like ones. I went to respawn on top of a building and instead got stuck inside it without being able to move. Twice.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
boy the new DMR -SUCKS ASS-

it's so fucking awful lmao how did they release a weapon like this, it's one of the worst weapons in the game, if not the worst

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Nice to see they added several ship upgrades, and also that you can spend there requisitions points too. They are also require a good chunk of common and medium samples, so I assume this will help with the issue of maximum out the stuff for a while, at least for everything other than the rarest samples.

boy the new DMR -SUCKS ASS-

it's so fucking awful lmao how did they release a weapon like this, it's one of the worst weapons in the game, if not the worst
As in many games, weapons normally are awful for some things but good for other things. Examples:
  • Distance: Good short/medium/long distance, average or bad for the other ones
  • Speed: Fast but weak for crowd management of small fuckers
  • Strength: Very slow but good for big/armored enemies / buildings /nests
  • Reload time: not having to worry about reload times or having to worry/search for ammo, at least not that frequently
  • Elementary/enemy type focused: good for some time, bad for another (could be good against bugs but bad for robots and viceversa, good against grounded stuff but bad for flying stuff and viceversa, good for enemies weak against fire/electricity/explosive/etc.)
  • Player level focused: some weapon can be great for entry/low level players and shit for high level players or viceversa
  • Skill/versatility level focused: some weapon can be great but require high skill and know where and how to be used, other one can be decent for many things but to don't perform at top level in anything
So who knows, maybe it's crap for what you want to use it but good for other stuff.

I still have to unlock the last weapon of the previous Warbond plus a couple pages of the free warbond, I'll wait a bit to get the new warbond and will focus on completing first the previous stuff while collecting more supercredits to get it for free.

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Nice to see they added several ship upgrades, and also that you can spend there requisitions points too. They are also require a good chunk of common and medium samples, so I assume this will help with the issue of maximum out the stuff for a while, at least for everything other than the rarest samples.

As in many games, weapons normally are awful for some things but good for other things. Examples:
  • Distance: Good short/medium/long distance, average or bad for the other ones
  • Speed: Fast but weak for crowd management of small fuckers
  • Strength: Very slow but good for big/armored enemies / buildings /nests
  • Reload time: not having to worry about reload times or having to worry/search for ammo, at least not that frequently
  • Elementary/enemy type focused: good for some time, bad for another (could be good against bugs but bad for robots and viceversa, good against grounded stuff but bad for flying stuff and viceversa, good for enemies weak against fire/electricity/explosive/etc.)
  • Player level focused: some weapon can be great for entry/low level players and shit for high level players or viceversa
  • Skill/versatility level focused: some weapon can be great but require high skill and know where and how to be used, other one can be decent for many things but to don't perform at top level in anything
So who knows, maybe it's crap for what you want to use it but good for other stuff.

I still have to unlock the last weapon of the previous Warbond plus a couple pages of the free warbond, I'll wait a bit to get the new warbond and will focus on completing first the previous stuff while collecting more supercredits to get it for free.
nah its straight up bad

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Saw a player in my match using a glitch/cheat to use infinite grenades:

image.png

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
PATCH 01.000.203
Good day citizens and Helldivers of Super Earth
Today we bring crash fixes as well as a calibration to one of our existing armors passive ability.

Overview
  • Fixes to armor passive.
  • Various improvements to stability.
Gameplay
  • CE-27 Ground Breaker armor now has the Engineer kit passive as previously advertised.
Fixes
Crash Fixes
  • Fixed multiple crashes that could occur in the loadout screen when other players left or joined the game.
  • Fixed multiple crashes that could occur after extraction when the mission results and rewards were shown.
  • Fixed crash which could occur when throwing back a grenade while wielding a heat-based weapon.
  • Fixed crash that could occur when hosting a play session migrates to another player.
  • Fixed crash that could occur if too many civilians spawn.
  • Fixed various other crashes that could occur when deploying to mission.
  • Fixed various other crashes that could occur during gameplay.
Other Fixes
  • Fixed an issue that resulted in different damage being dealt enemies between PC and console players.
  • Red boxes in defense missions are no longer visible.
  • Major orders should now properly display text.

Known Issues
These are issues that were either introduced by this patch and are being worked on, or are from a previous version and have not yet been fixed. This list is not exhaustive, and we are continuing to identify issues and create fixes. These are organized by feedback, reports, severity, etc.
  • Superior Packing Methodology ship module does not work properly.
  • Players may be unable to navigate to the search results in the Social Menu.
Various issues involving friend invites and cross play:
  • Player name may show up blank on the other player's friend list.
  • Friend Request cannot be accepted when the requesting player changed their username before the request was accepted.
  • Cross-platform friend invites might not show up in the Friend Requests tab.
  • Players cannot unfriend players befriended via friend code.
  • Players cannot unblock players that were not in their Friends list beforehand.
  • Damage-over-time effects may only apply when dealt by the host.
  • Players may experience delays in Medals and Super Credits payouts.
  • Enemies that bleed out do not progress Personal Orders and Eradicate missions.
  • Certain weapons like Sickle cannot shoot through foliage.
  • Scopes on some weapons such as the Anti-Materiel Rifle are slightly misaligned.
  • Arc weapons sometimes behave inconsistently and sometimes misfire.
  • Spear’s targeting is inconsistent, making it hard to lock-on to larger enemies.
  • Stratagem beam might attach itself to an enemy but it will deploy to its original location.
  • Explosions do not break your limbs (except for when you fly into a rock).
  • Area around Automaton Detector Tower makes blue stratagems such as the hellbomb bounce and be repelled when trying to call them down close to the tower.
  • Planet liberation reaches 100% at the end of every Defend mission.

Go now, and may liberty guide your path
End of transmission
Release Captain Carlberg out

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
PATCH 01.000.203
Good day citizens and Helldivers of Super Earth
Today we bring crash fixes as well as a calibration to one of our existing armors passive ability.

Overview
  • Fixes to armor passive.
  • Various improvements to stability.
Gameplay
  • CE-27 Ground Breaker armor now has the Engineer kit passive as previously advertised.
Fixes
Crash Fixes
  • Fixed multiple crashes that could occur in the loadout screen when other players left or joined the game.
  • Fixed multiple crashes that could occur after extraction when the mission results and rewards were shown.
  • Fixed crash which could occur when throwing back a grenade while wielding a heat-based weapon.
  • Fixed crash that could occur when hosting a play session migrates to another player.
  • Fixed crash that could occur if too many civilians spawn.
  • Fixed various other crashes that could occur when deploying to mission.
  • Fixed various other crashes that could occur during gameplay.
Other Fixes
  • Fixed an issue that resulted in different damage being dealt enemies between PC and console players.
  • Red boxes in defense missions are no longer visible.
  • Major orders should now properly display text.

Known Issues
These are issues that were either introduced by this patch and are being worked on, or are from a previous version and have not yet been fixed. This list is not exhaustive, and we are continuing to identify issues and create fixes. These are organized by feedback, reports, severity, etc.
  • Superior Packing Methodology ship module does not work properly.
  • Players may be unable to navigate to the search results in the Social Menu.
Various issues involving friend invites and cross play:
  • Player name may show up blank on the other player's friend list.
  • Friend Request cannot be accepted when the requesting player changed their username before the request was accepted.
  • Cross-platform friend invites might not show up in the Friend Requests tab.
  • Players cannot unfriend players befriended via friend code.
  • Players cannot unblock players that were not in their Friends list beforehand.
  • Damage-over-time effects may only apply when dealt by the host.
  • Players may experience delays in Medals and Super Credits payouts.
  • Enemies that bleed out do not progress Personal Orders and Eradicate missions.
  • Certain weapons like Sickle cannot shoot through foliage.
  • Scopes on some weapons such as the Anti-Materiel Rifle are slightly misaligned.
  • Arc weapons sometimes behave inconsistently and sometimes misfire.
  • Spear’s targeting is inconsistent, making it hard to lock-on to larger enemies.
  • Stratagem beam might attach itself to an enemy but it will deploy to its original location.
  • Explosions do not break your limbs (except for when you fly into a rock).
  • Area around Automaton Detector Tower makes blue stratagems such as the hellbomb bounce and be repelled when trying to call them down close to the tower.
  • Planet liberation reaches 100% at the end of every Defend mission.

Go now, and may liberty guide your path
End of transmission
Release Captain Carlberg out
Nice!

ToTTenTranz

Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Yesterday me and my squadmates got the impression that the Laser Guard Dog isn't constantly trying to behead all players anymore, which is a plus.

Fuck, I'm so hooked on this game right now. It'll all I'm spending my free time on for the last month and a half while my gigantic backlog keeps growing, god damn.