Helldivers 2 Review and |OT| "Fight for freedom, fight for Democracy"

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
they would've announced numbers. my guess is 10-12m total
I assume they are waiting to announce them at the fiscal year report.

If they wouldn't have had recently the big layoff and London Studio closure plus the profitability thing, another possibility would be that they would be saving it to announce it with the Arrowhead acquisition.

Which I now think will be done in late 2025/early 2026, once they complete paying all the costs related to the recentacquisitions made since 2021 (Bluepoint, Housemarque, Firesprite+Fabrik, Valkyrie, Nixxes, Bungie, Haven, Savage/Neon Koi, Firewalk, EVO, repeat.gg, Audeze, iSize) and once they get the money from selling their banks stuff during late 2025/early 2026.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
The multiplier could be way off. It could be even be 3-4 million on steam and what we are seeing is player sessions for the game running longer than most other games.

Long player sessions and retention (people liking the game to actually try and finish it) is what keeps Baldur’s Gate still hanging around with big numbers. Sure that’s a single player rpg but I just wanted to bring up how important player turnover/avg session time is

I want to think it’s done 8-10 million at this point or not too far from it. Which of course is a huge hit.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
This woman is in the right side of history, 3D printed and painted Helldivers 2 Warhammer-like figurines:

P.S.: There's a gazillion Helldivers 2 threads I can't find the OT (it would be nice to merge most helldivers 2 threads into a OT megathread)

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
This woman is in the right side of history, 3D printed and painted Helldivers 2 Warhammer-like figurines:

P.S.: There's a gazillion Helldivers 2 threads I can't find the OT (it would be nice to merge most helldivers 2 threads into a OT megathread)
All you have to do is search. All the past Helldivers OT were merged long ago. The ones around are standing alone for a reason, different topics.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
If you ever wondered how much your work impacts on the galactic war, and what is considered for the amount of stuff liberated with your mission.

If it's better to rush a mission to complete it maybe in lower difficulty levels to make it quicker, or if instead to try to complete more stuff and do it in higher difficulties:

saw-some-posts-and-this-probably-needs-to-be-said-v0-hanq8eq9ukrc1.png

The percentage of planed liberated/progress in the galactic war depends on the amount of XP earned when successfully completing a mission. Meaning, higher difficulty gives more completion, and completing all the secondary stuff and extracting with everyone etc. gives you more completion.

All you have to do is search. All the past Helldivers OT were merged long ago. The ones around are standing alone for a reason, different topics.
ok

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
If you ever wondered how much your work impacts on the galactic war, and what is considered for the amount of stuff liberated with your mission.

If it's better to rush a mission to complete it maybe in lower difficulty levels to make it quicker, or if instead to try to complete more stuff and do it in higher difficulties:

saw-some-posts-and-this-probably-needs-to-be-said-v0-hanq8eq9ukrc1.png

The percentage of planed liberated/progress in the galactic war depends on the amount of XP earned when successfully completing a mission. Meaning, higher difficulty gives more completion, and completing all the secondary stuff and extracting with everyone etc. gives you more completion.

ok
This is gd info, thnks.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023

Somehow, the Automatons returned.

As suspected all along, the previous Bot force was merely a vanguard. A massive fleet has now begun an assault of Cyberstan and the surrounding planets. Helldivers, hold back this unprovoked invasion. The fight continues!

Who could've seen this coming!? 🤣

Also, new patch: https://steamdb.info/patchnotes/13963546/

Basically a stability patch(mostly, I'm sure they snuck some shit as usual)

Fixes
Crash fixes

Fixed some crashes that occurred when deploying to mission.
Fixed some crashes that occurred during extraction and right after it.
Fixed crashes that could occur if the squad deployed a large amount of support weapons.
Fixed various crashes that could occur during gameplay.
Fixed a crash that could occur when using heat based weapons.
Fixed crashes which could occur if a player died while using the jetpack.
Fixed crash which could occur when large volumes of enemies were present.
Fixed crash which could occur when the player picked up a snowball.
Fixed crash which could occur when completing an objective.

Other Fixes

Fixed hang that could occur while navigating the social menu.
Picking up Medals and Super Credits will no longer lock the player in place.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Nice to see robots back, a new mission type and specially a game update focused on important crashes and freezes bugfixes.

I see they have many friendlist related bugs in their "know issues" list. It would be nice to have somewhere soon a another bugfix focused update, this time focused on such friends related issues.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
I see they have many friendlist related bugs in their "know issues" list. It would be nice to have somewhere soon a another bugfix focused update, this time focused on such friends related issues.

Def on their priority list I'm sure, but its probably one of the more complex things to get figured out.
Those issues plus rewards not been given to players at the right time is probably the biggest things to get right sooner than later.
Those are the two things that would affect the most players unlike some of the bugged weapons and other things that may or may not be an issue depending on your loadouts.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Nice to see robots back, a new mission type and specially a game update focused on important crashes and freezes bugfixes.

Robots was cool you can even see them repairing stuff and I didn't see tht before.