HiFi Rush debuts at no. 23 on XBL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
More Forspoken obsession. When will it stop? Why do you keep bringing it up over and over again? It doesn't matter if Forspoken is flopping in Steam. Hi-Fi Rush is not doing too hot, just face it and stop talking about Forspoken. Jeesus. In what universe is Forspoken the barometer of success?

Compare it with High on Life, Stray, Scorn, Sifu or Kena. Why does it need to beat Forspoken? Your warrior mind is completely screwed.

confused jim carey GIF
they should compare it to God of War Ragnarok, both are exclusives(even if HF Rush is on PC - More advantage- 400M players). both were in development 5 years. both from m$ and sony.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
D

Deleted member 417

I used to feel sorry for xbox fans, having to run up excuses for why their system sucks and why there are no games* but now it's their own fault. If they would turn this anger, bitterness and resentment towards the man who causing the damage, Phil Spencer, rather than Sony and PC fans who have shit loads of games to play, maybe, just maybe, Xbox would go back to being great.

As long as they defend Phil Spencer's decisions, the longer he will keep making stupid ones.

*I was a hardcore xbox fan from day 1 OG xbox up until launch of Xbone when I swapped to PS4. I came back to the Xbox camp with the 1x and elite controller because I thought Microsoft had turned it around with the best console since the 360 and the best controller ever made. I was wrong. Where the fuck is wasteland 3 DLC for xbox and Wasteland 4? Squandered quality courtesy of Spencer who doesn't know his arse from a hole in the ground.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Don’t know what anyone else expected. Games like this, devil may cry and bayonetta are very niche and unappealing to most people.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
From my personal experience, people really into call of duty, Assassin's creed, etc.
You can get those on PlayStation as well obviously, but Xbox's main demographic seems to be your typical "dude bro", for lack of a better term.
Xbox audience is the average male American. It’s a very niche Platform and its marketing exhales of heterosexual male energy. It’ll never be successful if they stay on this road.

KungFucius

10 Jan 2023
I don't understand how it didn't top the charts or hit higher. It's a unique looking game, offering a different style then we have seen in at least 10 years and the gamers aren't interested?

There is no fanboyism in this next question: Who are the main demographic on Xbox? If Hifi didn't make a splash and goldeneye was crap, who is owning and playing this console?
It will probably be something people eventually get to on GamePass. I gave it a shot and basically binged it in the last 2 days. If others download and give it a try, I bet most will keep at it. The battles were a lot of fun, the QTE puzzles though, they were a little on the obnoxious side near the end, though it was satisfying to finally get through the longer ones.

I don't see myself going back to it after completing the story. I tend to not do that in most games and prefer when they give me the option to do the extra stuff before completing the story, because I will do some/most of it in that case, but once the credits roll, I feel like I have finished the game and want to move on to the next one.

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It still could trend upwards for another week.

But the way it was paraded as a huge win is somewhat “disingenuous” when we’ve seen what gamespass can do with something like High on Life. You kinda want to see that for every major day one gamepass release. Especially since Xbox isn’t really selling games. They’re selling Gamepass.

Moderate success. And outside of Gamepass — it’s budget priced. I think this is fair. I also think you guys overestimate the sales potential of single player games on steam. They won’t do anywhere near console numbers. There are only few outliers — those being Elden ring and Monster Hunter (online game tho) — other successful pc games have always been successful pc gsmes: Bethesda games, CDPR, Diablo

XBL placement for short single player action games only shows you what kind of buzz it has. But it’s something.

It’s hard to determine what’s a success for gamespass or not. There’s no profit being made on these games. There are no sales. It’s concerning about how they will approve more projects.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
D

Deleted member 417

Xbox audience is the average male American. It’s a very niche Platform and its marketing exhales of heterosexual male energy. It’ll never be successful if they stay on this road.
Are you saying that unless Microsoft stop marketing to normal men, the console will die? Because 1) that's horseshit and 2) Microsoft are always marketing to the 'diverse' crowd.

I hope I have mis-read your post.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Are you saying that unless Microsoft stop marketing to normal men, the console will die? Because 1) that's horseshit and 2) Microsoft are always marketing to the 'diverse' crowd.

I hope I have mis-read your post.
I’m saying they should diversify their Xbox marketing, which they don’t.
Every single gay friend of mine dislike Xbox because it’s too straight oriented.

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: Deleted member 417
D

Deleted member 417

I’m saying they should diversify their Xbox marketing, which they don’t.
Every single gay friend of mine dislike Xbox because it’s too straight oriented.
What? All of their marketing has been diverse. From rainbow coloured pads to wheel chair bound avatars. To be fair to Microsoft as well, they offer more controllers for those not able to use a normal controller, than any other company in the industry.

Microsoft deserve a lot of shit for a lot of reasons, saying they aren't diverse enough isn't one of those reasons.

And I'm not going to step on the minefield your last point is but you're saying your friends, who are gamers, won't play a console because it isn't gay enough? A console is a console, built as a device to play games set in fantasy worlds. With the best intentions and politest sincerity in the world, gaming doesn't need gamers who demand more social politics.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
What? All of their marketing has been diverse. From rainbow coloured pads to wheel chair bound avatars. To be fair to Microsoft as well, they offer more controllers for those not able to use a normal controller, than any other company in the industry.

Microsoft deserve a lot of shit for a lot of reasons, saying they aren't diverse enough isn't one of those reasons.

And I'm not going to step on the minefield your last point is but you're saying your friends, who are gamers, won't play a console because it isn't gay enough? A console is a console, built as a device to play games set in fantasy worlds. With the best intentions and politest sincerity in the world, gaming doesn't need gamers who demand more social politics.
Doesn’t matter. Their games are way too straight oriented. Dude bros and whatnot, this is known.

• haha

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
People throw shade at uk charts. But this thread some are flexing under 5k sales.

Yikes

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Don’t know what anyone else expected. Games like this, devil may cry and bayonetta are very niche and unappealing to most people.

lol, no.

Is this satire? Am I being trolled?

Most likely.

People throw shade at uk charts. But this thread some are flexing under 5k sales.

Yikes

Under 5K sales ?

jesus not only is the thread itself disingenuous, some of the replies are trying to 1 up it lol.

• they're_right_you_know

MScarpa

28 Jul 2022
Finally downloaded it and playing now. Pretty cool. It's not ground breaking but a really fun game that I would have never played or purchased without Gamepass.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Lol yes. Character action games don’t sell a lot. They’re very niche games.

You said unappealing, that is not true.

The games can also tend to sell well. The last couple of DMC games have sold 5, 6 million each.

Finally downloaded it and playing now. Pretty cool. It's not ground breaking but a really fun game that I would have never played or purchased without Gamepass.

It's fun. And if you find the maintaining the rhythm difficult, there are plenty of accessibility options to make it more managable.

Reactions: Sircaw

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
You said unappealing, that is not true.

The games can also tend to sell well. The last couple of DMC games have sold 5, 6 million each.
Maybe I used the wrong words but the point stands, the games don't sell a lot.
And for a series as old as DMC, the numbers are very low, specially when games regularly sell 20 millions nowadays.
Not saying it's a failure at all, but this genre is niche, yes. That, obviously, doesn't mean the games are bad.

Reactions: adamsapple

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I'll let you know in a week or so when I finish it. I'm a busy mom, can't beat games as fast as I used to.
Having 12 kids does not excuse you, Get cracking, we want a review 😍

Status
Not open for further replies.